Flybrian

First Enclaves roll off the line

63 posts in this topic

New Buick Enclave Rolls Off Local Line
April 11, 2007 04:01 PM EDT | Link to Original Article @ WLNS News
Posted Image

It's all systems go for the Buick Enclave. The very first models available for public sale are rolling off GM's Delta Township assembly line. The wait is over. After months of tweaking and testing, the Enclave is ready to roll.

A state-of-the-art assembly line brings forth a state-of-the-art crossover SUV. The Enclave is the much-anticipated final piece in the Delta Township vehicle lineup.

Harry Clay, Team Leader, GM Delta Twp. Assembly: "It's full-steam ahead now. We had the launch of the Outlook and the Acadia, now we have the Enclave, so it's full production all day every day."

GM officials say they will ease the Enclave into production, even though demand from dealerships is high. Here's how those production numbers break down- right now there are 6,000 enclaves ordered. Delta Township will begin producing 50 of these vehicles per day, but that is sure to increase by the end of the week. The launch manager of the Enclave says the models are the results of 6 months of extensive tests. He says the results are good.

Lou Balogh, Launch Mgr., Buick Enclave: "They're to the point that they're absolutely ready to go. They're continually improving with every car we build."

And as production ramps up, he describes an effort which everyone at the plant can be proud of, and an effort the public will likely appreciate very soon as well.

Lou Balogh: "You're working on something you know the customer absolutely wants, you know all the auto publications are really looking at this thing of high value and giving us a lot of praise, it makes it a lot of fun."

This a good week for Buick the Park Avenue and now first Enclave this is good news indeed. They are really turning it around.

Yup Toni. And I would not wait for the boxy Ford Flex, but to each is own. Who knows the Buick dealers were offered this same car earlier this year and said no at the current time, I think they might think differently later. Rick said the offer still stands on the table. So really we could get it.

Yup Toni. And I would not wait for the boxy Ford Flex, but to each is own. Who knows the Buick dealers were offered this same car earlier this year and said no at the current time, I think they might think differently later. Rick said the offer still stands on the table. So really we could get it.

i don't think it is quite as simple as the buick dealers calling up rick and placing an order for some Park Aves.

its a little complaint... but the C-Pillar on the Enclave NEEDS to be blacked out

I KNOW!! After the first time I saw it, that's all I notice about this car.

But my first impressions were that this is a VERY nice xover nonetheless.

its a little complaint... but the C-Pillar on the Enclave NEEDS to be blacked out

i am sure they have that planned as the major feature of the MCE for the 2011 model year. you can take a deep breath now, cuz that will likely be the biggest feature. LOL

Its a remnant of the Centieme concept...

Posted Image

Posted Image

You know,your right. It really doesn't work for me, it looks odd imo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

nice job on the black out. While the orginal is very nice indeed, I actually do like the c pillar blacked out. :D

I will wait for the Lincoln Crossover or Ford Edge

to each his own.

personally,to me ford= :puke: from passed experience.

what do ya do, it is what it is. The enclave looks very nice to me.

I picked up a brochure for the Enclave at my local Buick-Pontiac-GMC dealership last weekend. If the brochure is indicative of the marketing approach for this vehicle, this is going to be a dynamite product launch.

The brochure is a beautiful and very expensively-done piece.

Has anyone heard whether Buick will have the premiere parties, as they did with the Lucerne launch?

Edited by Centurion

Like I said before, if you look at the body and trim lines, that just would not work. It's all svelte curves, and there's no natural breaks to black out areas, and just wouldn't work.

As I've responded to that before, we're talking about the C-pillars, not the D-pillars. It's really not that hard to understand. It goes: A, B, C, then D. Wow! Easy! :P

Posted Image

Yes, just like that. That looks much better and much more finished. Perfect.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor