Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

What Are You Listening To?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, frogger said:

She is easy on thee eyes, but my favourite woman on YouTube is Ara Cho 😍😍

You want easy on the eyes and drop dead sexy check out my Friend Hyo, she is freak'in sexy. Her boyfriend is a lucky man.

https://www.instagram.com/hyo_1013/

Great story (at least to those involved) to follow.

Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_2D8Eo15wE

Two countrified millennials were working the breakfast room at a chain hotel jn a scenic rural area this past weekend.  The guy and the girl were teasing each other and playing off of each other.  One would say "bam-a-lam" and the other would respond "Black Betty," and vice versa.  I got wind of this, popped my head into their work area, and belted out the lyrics "Black Betty had a child.  The damn thing gone wild."  They didn't expect it from one of the guests. We were "fast friends."  It has always been a kooky song from when it first hit the airwaves.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not know that California elected Gavin Newsom as its governor.  Two actors.  Now Newsom.  How quickly people forget.  When he was the mayor of SF, he was involved in a scandal where he was having an affair with a female employee who was married to his friend and colleague.  I'm not easily shocked, hailing from SoCal, but this sort of aligns with 'when someone shows you who they are the first time, believe them ...' He has always seemed smarmy to me.

But, onward to music, when George Dukemejian was either running for or was the governor of California, they did a song mocking him called "Walk Like a Dukemejian" which paralleled the Bangles song "Walk Like an Egyptian."

I generally don't like reboots for songs, but the Bangles also delivered on "Hazy Shade of Winter" by making it less morose.  It was used in the film about rich a-hole SoCal kids living on the edge in "Less than Zero."

But, then, in the country genre, Ray Steven's rendition of "Misty" also kicks arse on this romantic standard as performed by Errol Garner (the original) and Johnny Mathis.  I've posted "Misty" at some point before.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, dfelt said:

@trinacriabob I loved the Movie Less than Zero.

Awesome song, your right they did this song right!

I like that movie a lot also...a good Big 80s flick..saw 'No Way Out' again recently, hadn't seen it in probably 20 years..another good one.

• Agree 2

Heard these on the car radio last night, back to back, on some random classic rock station:

Lyrics like: 

"Last car to pass, here I go ..."

"And the line of cars drove down real slow ..."

- - - - -

I'd put my money on Eddie Money on this combo.

• Agree 1

On 10/23/2018 at 12:19 AM, dfelt said:

You want easy on the eyes and drop dead sexy check out my Friend Hyo, she is freak'in sexy. Her boyfriend is a lucky man.

https://www.instagram.com/hyo_1013/

Im a lot less picky these days lol, if i were not kinda old, very married with children i would be happy to spend time with just about any girl in this dance class in SK but since i like petite and cute May J Lee in the adidas halter would be my first choice.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 10:07 AM, trinacriabob said:

Heard these on the car radio last night, back to back, on some random classic rock station:

Lyrics like: 

"Last car to pass, here I go ..."

"And the line of cars drove down real slow ..."

- - - - -

I'd put my money on Eddie Money on this combo.

You can never go wrong with Eddie Money.....

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Helping the wife and listening to K-Pop! 

My 4 year old's favourite song is Gangnam Style :).  When we go to Korea for a family vacation in a few years he wants me to help him find Psy and he is trying to teach me Korean so I can do so lol.

2 hours ago, frogger said:

My 4 year old's favourite song is Gangnam Style :).  When we go to Korea for a family vacation in a few years he wants me to help him find Psy and he is trying to teach me Korean so I can do so lol.

Have your 4 year old listen to Rain, he is a tripple threat actor, singer, dancer. He did some R rated action movies that are awesome for parents. 

For Kids, his music and videos ROCK!

Course the Wife and daughter think he is hot. LOL

His Movie Ninja Assassin is just AWESOME if you like that kind of martial arts movie. Some might consider it a bit bloody as it follows normal Asian excessive blood, but movie is fun to me to watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1186367/

7 hours ago, dfelt said:

Have your 4 year old listen to Rain, he is a tripple threat actor, singer, dancer. He did some R rated action movies that are awesome for parents. 

For Kids, his music and videos ROCK!

Course the Wife and daughter think he is hot. LOL

His Movie Ninja Assassin is just AWESOME if you like that kind of martial arts movie. Some might consider it a bit bloody as it follows normal Asian excessive blood, but movie is fun to me to watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1186367/

Sound like some good movies!

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went to a 'celebration of life' for a relative taken too soon yesterday, he was into music all his life and so they had a bunch of people playing up on a stage at the Elks Club, it was a great party that he would've just loved. Anyways, was taking with a friend there about the songs, and one was 'I put a spell on you' so I youtubed around on that and found this fantastic bit, which might've been either a follow-up or a B-Side :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvUU44SmjnA

>Somehow I seem to have forgotten how to have the vid embed here- help plz<

Edited by balthazar

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

Went to a 'celebration of life' for a relative taken too soon yesterday, he was into music all his life and so they had a bunch of people playing up on a stage at the Elks Club, it was a great party that he would've just loved. Anyways, was taking with a friend there about the songs, and one was 'I put a spell on you' so I youtubed around on that and found this fantastic bit, which might've been either a follow-up or a B-Side :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvUU44SmjnA

>Somehow I seem to have forgotten how to have the vid embed here- help plz<

The movie is great that the song was in. 

Hocus Pocus

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107120/ 

Friday, working on my project that is due next Wednesday the 12th. I am on PTO starting the 15th, so gotta get this done. Have music on in the back ground, rocking and computing to:

🎶 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Love quite of few songs from them...

Saw them in concert in Japan when they were on tour with the Music for the Masses. I also really like the Violator album, but otherwise all they have. :metal: 

• Agree 2

Like Jazz?

Toshiki Kadomatsu is awesome, came to the US and studied for 20+ years under various Jazz musicians. Went back home to Japan and started to turn out some amazing jazz.

While I work currently listening to my first Album I got of him while in college in Japan. 1989,

• Agree 1

Another Japanese Piano Jazz musician that studied in the states and then went back home and started to produce some very smooth jazz. She now tours around the world, saw her this past summer at Jazz Alley in Seattle. Love Keiko Matsui!

First Album I got of here in Japan.

• Agree 2

Have to say I am really liking Keiko Matsui new albums. Listening to her "The Piano" album from 2014. Relaxing music to work too. Hair has gotten a bit crazy over her more conservative look. LOL :P 

• Agree 1

I like what I hear here of Keiko Matsui..will have to check out more.  For Japanese musicians, one I like is Tomoyasu Hotei, perhaps best known in the West for 'Battle Without Honor or Humanity' used in the movie Kill Bill.

• Agree 1

@Robert Hall He rocks, loved the Kill BIll movies, but seeing him in concert is Awesome! Thanks for posting.

Would love to have seen his full concert with the Orchestra as that looks like it was a Rock'in Concert.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2018 at 12:21 PM, trinacriabob said:

Apparently filmed in or near Havana, Cuba.  Makes me want to go.  I've been fascinated by Cuba for as long as I can remember.

I just read this post from nearly half a year ago.

Is your heart in Havana...na, na na? 

Im eating a banana...na, na, na just before going to bed right about now.  No joke!!!

I DVRed Scarface the other day and watched it yesterday for the millionth time!  (No kids. Or wife. Not a very family friendly flick...)

So...say good night to my little..um...OK...maybe not a very safe quote...people might get the wrong idea about you and I.  I cannot think of any other quote from Tony Montana. Na, na, na so...Good Night! 

I wasn't listening to it by choice.  I went into a drugstore/market at lunch and it was playing.  I chuckled.  I remember this goofy song by Eddy Grand and the movie of the same name, back when Kathleen Turner was at the peak of her career after becoming a household word from the movie "Body Heat," which also features William Hurt, Richard Crenna, Ted Danson, and Mickey Rourke.  That's one of the best suspense dramas I've seen to date.  If you haven't seen it and like that genre, I recommend it.  Also, you cannot use the bathroom during the last 15 minutes because some key clues and twists in the plot are shown during that time.

• Agree 1

LOVING Keiko Matsui latest Jazz Album I will have to say that she incorporated some awesome references to various movies as I hear James Bond in the beginning as well as some other great soundtracks.