What Are You Listening To?

Today is a Days of the New kind of day (I know they only have three albums, but I continue to hope against all hope and reality that the long promised fourth one will eventually come) so I just finished listening to "Freak", have "Where I Stand" playing now and it will next switch to "Solitude".

Today is a Days of the New kind of day (I know they only have three albums, but I continue to hope against all hope and reality that the long promised fourth one will eventually come) so I just finished listening to "Freak", have "Where I Stand" playing now and it will next switch to "Solitude".

Funny you mention Days of the New since this came up on my Spotify playlist just now:

Toshiki Kadomatsu

Awesome Jazz, guy came to america and studied here before going back home and blending US style with Japan. Great listening while working.

Cake - The Distance

I heard this on a commercial for the Tour de France and it reminded me of the song all over again. Great tune.

Used to be may favorite song when I was a wee lad. Makes me wonder what happened to Cake after Fashion Nugget.

I've got Speak To Me Someone - Gene playing.

I heard this song over a decade ago on a candid camera style show and by chance came across it again today. I did'nt take much notice of the lyrics back 10 or so years ago but now that I actually listen to them, they're quite hard hitting.

Kung Fury soundtrack. This film makes Citizen Kane look like Biodome. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RqpItxd8M

YES!! Kung Fury was TITS! I had the weirdest boner after I finished watching.

Here's the whole thing if anyone has 30 minutes to spare for the best 80s throwback kung fu spoof this side of existence.

• Agree 1

Morcheeba - Blood Like Lemonade. Like how there is a first-generation Cadillac Seville used in the video.

Cool song, cool video..that's Robert Forster driving the Seville..been in a lot of cool movies over the years, and had a memorable small role on Breaking Bad..

• Agree 1

Been listening to a lot of retro 80s style synth music when encube lately. Miami Nights 1984, Mitch Murder, Lazerhawk, Lost Years, Kavinsky, etc. love the genre.

I'm a big Mitch Murder fan. You'd probably enjoy Perturbator and Power Glove if you haven't found them yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's only time until Ubisoft realizes their mistake and finally develops Far Cry 4: Blood Dragon 2 - Vietnam Warpocalypse 2 Electric Boogaloo

They should give you full credit if that is the full title.

Listening the music from the credits of the different James Bond movies -

• Agree 1

Crazy for you

(in a sultry voice)Crazy for you

It's all brand new, I'm crazy for you
And you know it's true
I'm crazy, crazy for you

It's all brand new, I'm crazy for you
And you know it's true...yeah
I'm crazy  for YOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!

Crazy for you BABAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

I'm crazy  for YOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!

Crazy for you babayyy....

It still hurts to hear this song after all these years....but Im still mesmerized by the song, the lyrics and the memories...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

tumblr_nbapw2LeA91t7lixko1_500.gif

tumblr_lw7r95wW4n1r7ahyto1_500.gif

SNA27MO7A_682_517725a.jpg

tumblr_lzhrf9fUj91r9jre4o1_500.jpg

So ...how do you like your VW now???!!!

You might as well paint that VeeDub Black, bro...never you mind all those psychedelic colours and the flowers...

Because all that smoke and smog those "clean" diesels create...BLACK is more appropriate...

Edited by oldshurst442

• 3 weeks later...