What Are You Listening To?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Currently I'm listening to a BBC Radio Essential Mix by Jimmy Edgar. It's fine stuff, I recommend checking him out if you like electronic music. :)

Awesome 40s style version of Womanizer :D

I love their covers so much. I hope they make more. Have you heard their cover of All About That Bass? It's masterfully performed.

• 2 months later...

Spirit Of Radio - RUSH. Covered by Kip Winger. :D

Kip doing Spirit of Radio? :yikes:

Well he's got the voice for it. Winger was such an underrated metal band imo. The image thing pretty much took the focus of his amazing vocals, and the AMAZING guitar riffs and solos by Reb Beach. Btw, I think I might've seen you on another forum, I know that name. Here's an easy yes or no question. Does this mean anything to you?: OTFTW

Edited by Taco

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Rock-N-Roll is how I go.

1950s

1960s

1970s

1980s

and some 1990s.

Hot funk, cool punk, even if its old junk its still Rock-N-Roll to me!

Lately Ive been into the 1970s...and Ive been  remiscing about my adolescent youth....hair metal rock of the 80s...

OK...sometimes I do Disco and Eurodance of the 1990s. I just love music.

I like a little bit of everything. From hard rock- Linkin Park, Deftones, Nine Inch Nails- to reggae/reggae rock- Matisyahu, Dirty Heads, Trevor Hall- to alt/indie rock- Phantogram, Muse, Bloc Party- to hip hop- Kendrick Lamar, TI, Danny Brown- to electronic- Aviici, Flux Pavilion, Armin Van Buren.

Pretty much all I really dislike is bro country and whiny pop.

I like a little bit of everything. From hard rock- Linkin Park, Deftones, Nine Inch Nails- to reggae/reggae rock- Matisyahu, Dirty Heads, Trevor Hall- to alt/indie rock- Phantogram, Muse, Bloc Party- to hip hop- Kendrick Lamar, TI, Danny Brown- to electronic- Aviici, Flux Pavilion, Armin Van Buren.

Pretty much all I really dislike is bro country and whiny pop.

Stop lying..  U kno U like Country..  

I think I just died. This has to be Eminem's best song since... 2001? I'm really looking forward to his new album.

I dont do rap all that often. Old skool 1980s only.

And I dont like Eminem all that much...yet this song here...Ive been known to play it in my car from time to time.

However...its not because I appreciate the lyrics...I cant stand the lyrics...but I must admit...Eminem just kicks LiL Kim's ass (yeah I know...Lil' Wayne) when it comes to bustin' the rap...

I just love the way the song sounds...I used to pick up the Montreal chicks dancing to this song in the mid-90s in da Montreal clubs.

My friends and I would go nuts to this song at least one year before the movie came out. And Eminem's No Love is just a crazy re-mix...I LOVE THE WAY IT SOUNDS!

Edited by oldshurst442

My wife said she was driving it to school (college) one day and had all the windows down, and she turned the stereo on, and the volume was maxxed out and this song just came on. She said everyone was staring at her like an idiot. I died laughing.

I get that all the time...but it aint because of the music blaring...maybe its because I look like a freak... :D

Oh..BUT I AM a freak... :yikes:

I also like Pitbull

With Enrique and J. LO.

Edited by oldshurst442

I've been listening to Aqua - Turn Back Time a lot these past few days and am listening to it right now. Nice song.

You know, I think Barbie Girl ruined Aqua.  They're actually a pretty decent group, but that song hitting big made people see them as nothing but a novelty act.

Right now I have hard rock/metal/alternative mix playing on my Galaxy 3 tab, a little Korn, Disturbed, Metallica, My Chemical Romance, Cage the Elephant, A Perfect Circle (ran out of room for Tool on my SD card, I need to get a bigger one), Alice in Chains, more I'm forgetting.  Indestructible just finished, I'm Not Okay (I Promise) playing now, Trumpets of Jericho by Bruce Dickinson coming up next.

I suppose the Barbie Girl song did type cast them didn't it? The band gets mentioned and the first thing that comes to mind is that Barbie Girl song.

I've got Cult of Personality by Living Colour playing right now. I love the beat of this one.

I suppose the Barbie Girl song did type cast them didn't it? The band gets mentioned and the first thing that comes to mind is that Barbie Girl song.

I've got Cult of Personality by Living Colour playing right now. I love the beat of this one.

Cult of Personality?

That reminds me of something...

The Cult...however these are the only 3 songs I care about from them.

Edited by oldshurst442

I've got a mix of some of my soundtracks and compilations running right now, just switched playlists after listening to Vultures by The Offspring, currently playing Foo Fighters featuring Brian May's cover of Have a Cigar from the MI:2 soundtrack, up next God of the Mind by Disturbed off of the Valentine soundtrack.

If only GnR could have maintained the high level of quality that made the Appetite for Destruction album so amazing.  Don't get me wrong, I like Use Your Illusions 1&2 okay, but they were a small step down, and after that they just dropped like a bomb.

I've been listening to a cover of Nothing Compares To You done by Stereophonics for a while now. Really, really good song.

I may get a slap for this but I actually like this version more than the original.

I've been listening to a cover of Nothing Compares To You done by Stereophonics for a while now. Really, really good song.

I may get a slap for this but I actually like this version more than the original.

Thanx to you, I now know this version.

But I think I'll stick with Sinead's version.

Not because I like that version better or anything...its just that Sinead's version is part of my teenaged years...and we all know that songs from our youth...well, it dont get better than this...speaking of which...

Im always working, slaving everyday.

I gotta get a break from the same 'ol same 'ol.

I need a chance just to get away

If you could hear me think this is what I'd say

Don't need nothin' but a good time

How can I resist

Ain't lookin' for nothin' but a good time

And it don't get better than this

Edited by oldshurst442