BrewSwillis

2008 Chrysler 300 Refresh

80 posts in this topic

Pic from wkjeeps.com

Posted Image

Posted Image

The sophisticated interior design of the Chrysler 300 has been enhanced for 2008 with a new instrument panel and center console design, highlighted with satin silver bezels. Soft-touch surfaces on arm rests and door panels, and a newly designed and relocated cruise control stalk, add to the comfortable interior. Available light-emitting diode (LED) lighting in the front cup holders and front- and rear-door map pockets provide additional driver convenience.

The dramatic exterior design of the Chrysler 300 has been refreshed for 2008 with minor changes to the front and rear fascias and tailamps and a new rear deck lid that incorporates an SRT-inspired integrated spoiler and relocated high-mounted stop light.

Summary of new features and changes for the 2008 300 Models:

Simplified Price Class and Package/Options

LX – new name for “base” level car

Front and Rear Fascias and Grille

Bodyside molding

Taillamp design and Decklid

Interior – Instrument panel, cluster, center console, & door trim panel

Adaptive Cruise Control – 300C

Faux wood interior accents – 300 Limited

iPod interface added to UConnect module

LED lighting in front cup holders, front & rear map pockets – 300C

New Speed Control Stalk

Upgraded soft-touch surfaces on Arm rests, Center Console, & Door Trim

Radios including MyGIG HDD radio and Navigation MyGIG

Boston Acoustic eight-speaker 5.1 Matrix Surround Sound amplifier w/ subwoofer

Rear Seat Video Entertainment includes Sirius Backseat TV

Remote Start

5.7-liter Hemi 300C Fuel Saver Mode display

Power adjustable pedals -std on 300 Limited

Side-curtain & seat-mounted side airbags – std 300 LX Great American Package

Tire pressure monitor warning lamp – std on 300 LX

Interior Colors

Dark Khaki/Lt. Graystone

Dark Slate Gray

Exterior Colors

Clearwater Blue Pearl Coat

Dark Titanium Metallic Clear Coat

Light Sandstone Metallic Clear Coat Clear

Wheels

17 in. Machine face aluminum wheels – Chrysler 300 Touring

17 in. Wheel Covers - 300 LX

Luxury Group – 300 Limited

Sunroof

Boston Acoustics six speaker, 276 watt DSP amp speaker system

AM/FM/CD/DVD/HDD/MP3 MyGIG radio

California Walnut wood accent on steering wheel, door pulls, and interior trim

Remote Start

LED-illuminated front cup holders and front and rear door-map pockets

SmartBeam headlamp control system

Rain-sensitive windshield wipers

Luxury Equipment Group – 300C

Adaptive Cruise Control

Supplemental turn signals and puddle lamp mirrors

Heated Rear Seats

California Walnut wood accent on steering wheel, door pulls, and interior trim

Introductory Base MSRP pricing:

LX - $24,495 + $675 destination

Touring - $28,590 + $675 destination

Limited - $31,620 + $675 destination

300C - $35,395 + $675 destination

300C SRT8 - $41,385 + $675 destination + $2100 GG tax = $44,160

Touring AWD - $31,445 + $675 destination

Limited AWD - $33,815 + $675 destination

300C AWD - $37,495 + $675 destination

Source: http://www.wkjeeps.com/

Doesn't look much different to me, the third brake light in the trunklid, the interior is more plush. Is that the LY platform, or still the LX?

I have seen the new Magnum (2008 I think?) and it looks VERY much nicer this time around IMO. I like it.

Posted Image

Wow. Nothing exciting. I would have at least hoped they'd get rid of the 190hp 2.7L V6 as a base engine.

Dude, it's got LED cup holders and a Hemi! :P

They should really dump the 2.7L from all 3 cars but the 300 if nothing else. I also don't get the "new faux wood" ...isn't the current model available with real wood?

They should really dump the 2.7L from all 3 cars but the 300 if nothing else. I also don't get the "new faux wood" ...isn't the current model available with real wood?

Real wood is only available in an optional "wood package" just like on the previous 300M & LHS. It looks like the 300 Limited will come with faux wood standard.

Real wood is only available in an optional "wood package" just like on the previous 300M & LHS. It looks like the 300 Limited will come with faux wood standard.

Oh, I see.

The interior was already pretty good, but it never hurts to see some improvements.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Wow. Nothing exciting. I would have at least hoped they'd get rid of the 190hp 2.7L V6 as a base engine.

True, but the 2.7 base engine still puts out more power than say.... a 1992 Buick Century's anemic but bigger 3.3 V6...?

:AH-HA_wink:

j/k

Not many people look for the 2.7 base engine, they seem to gravitate towards the rental companies...

I was hoping for more. The rear fascia is still as uninteresting and blocky as ever. The interior changes sound good, however.

Putting that 2.7 in those big ass cars never made much sense to me.

What makes less sense is that it makes less power in the LX cars than the LH cars.

What makes less sense is that it makes less power in the LX cars than the LH cars.

Maybe it's exhaust manifolds for the chassis differences, or? The A body Barracuda 383 Magnums were down in power from the same year 383 Magnums in B bodies because of the exhaust manifolds needed to get them to fit. Could be the same scenario? Not really sure...

Besides new lenses out back, I don't see any differences. The interior is a little more evident...the center stack no longer flows into the center console...a trait that's been happing a lot in cars lately...it has the new corporate stereo, The center console is noticeably different with a new armrest design, cupholders and shifter area...the silver trim looks nice and better IMO than the chrome stuff. Door panels are new as well, and so are the vents. If the materials are upgraded it should be pretty sweet...the current materials are pretty good anyway.

The seats seem to be more like the SRT (or R/T with road and track package) with the side support- I've only driven an SRT8 so I'm not the world's most familiar with the 300C. I wonder why the exposed cupholders instead of the current covered cupholders, must be a reason?

The seats seem to be more like the SRT (or R/T with road and track package) with the side support- I've only driven an SRT8 so I'm not the world's most familiar with the 300C. I wonder why the exposed cupholders instead of the current covered cupholders, must be a reason?

Well it's another trend the market has been gravitating towards. In the `90's hideaway cupholders were all teh rage, but most cars these days have exposed cupholders, but they are trimmed in "metal" of some type to make them look upmarket.

The console itself looks to be higher off the floor than the old one, as the arm rest isn't nearly as high off the console as it is in the old one...although the actual hight of the armrest looks unchanged.

The door panels and dash look the same to me, I was hoping for something more than this...the tailights and trunk lid are obviously different....but nothing drastic....I'm curious to see the front.

They didn't fix the ergonomics issue, so this car is still dead to me.

WHAT "ergonomics issue"?

Keep in mind I've driven one, and driven many LX cars.

Wow, if I squint REEEEEEAL hard and drink a six pack I can ALMOST see a differance.

Amazing what passses for a "refresh" these days. :mellow:

Very subtle changes..I wonder what the front fascia change looks like.. Not sure if I like the 3rd brakelight in the decklid...having it in the rear shelf is cleaner looking, IMHO.

WHAT "ergonomics issue"?

I've driven and ridden in a few...the only issue I've noticed is that the thick pillars + small side and rear windows (esp. on the Magnum) leads to poor outward visibility..

Putting that 2.7 in those big ass cars never made much sense to me.

The engine was retuned for lower and midrange torque. The LX cars are heavier than the LH cars they replaced. This engine is pretty close to the base engine in the Buick Lucerne.

All of Chrysler's V6 engines will be replaced by the Phoenix series of V6 engines in the not so distant future.

WHAT "ergonomics issue"?

Poor outward visibility.

Poor control placement, particularly the cruise control and steering wheel controls <the ones on the back of the wheel>

the fact that I feel like I'm driving a bathtub

the fact that this is a fairly upright car, yet it's dash surface area is nearly as large as a dustbuster van. <ever try to wipe off a window smudge while on the highway?>