What does your Desktop look like?

I just got the Zune 120 last week... As much as I do enjoy gadgets and tech toys, it's shamefully my first portable MP3 player. If work will give me a chance to breathe, I hope to start loading stuff onto it within the next week or two. We already have the media center in the living room (runs on Vista) loaded with tons of movies and music. Looking forward to taking some of it with me. We'll see.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
My dad and I made this desk about a year and a half ago...

I have a desk exactly like that...did you start with a store desk and cut portions off of it? Mine was almost identical, just with more "desk" space towards the back, rounded and angled. A Wal-Mart special, of course.

I bought it for compact size but then had to get rid of it because I couldn't stand not being able to put my feet out under it on the floor.

Edited by caddycruiser

I have a desk exactly like that...did you start with a store desk and cut portions off of it? Mine was almost identical, just with more "desk" space towards the back, rounded and angled. A Wal-Mart special, of course.

I bought it for compact size but then had to get rid of it because I couldn't stand not being able to put my feet out under it on the floor.

Is NOS' dad your dad too? :smilewide:

haha Nah, we constructed it ourselves. Got the 3/4" plywood, took measurements, cut the radius of the outer edge, added a lip underneath to the front, and laid/cut the formica on ourselves. Then we made the top shelf for the monitor the same way, put on the slider for the keyboard, made legs for everything, and screwed it into the wall. 'Twas a bit of a job, but I think it came out well.. and gave me a reason to buy an LCD monitor. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I don't think Governor Markell will take kindly to your license plate ... :P

I know...in little Delaware, if it isn't the G8, I get more pointing, blabbering, questions, etc. about the plate than anything else. Literally, everytime I'm at a red light, whoever is behind me leans forward for a closer look and if someone else is in the car, nudges them and they "discuss" it. Then try to move up to see who I might be. More than worth the $40 a year, and the black/gold tag is awesome.

But that's off topic. It looks even better on the G8, and is another reason why I love this picture...that, and all the other GM's looking towards it, even though the scenery isn't the best.

I know...in little Delaware, if it isn't the G8, I get more pointing, blabbering, questions, etc. about the plate than anything else. Literally, everytime I'm at a red light, whoever is behind me leans forward for a closer look and if someone else is in the car, nudges them and they "discuss" it. Then try to move up to see who I might be. More than worth the $40 a year, and the black/gold tag is awesome.

But that's off topic. It looks even better on the G8, and is another reason why I love this picture...that, and all the other GM's looking towards it, even though the scenery isn't the best.

Yeah I have something special on my plate too, however it's on the Delaware pink and purple plate, not the blue and gold.

Yeah I have something special on my plate too, however it's on the Delaware pink and purple plate, not the blue and gold.

Cool. Yes, this was my ploy as a PA transplant after 10 years of seeing ads for both low tags and rare vanities for sale, to gave one. Worked beautifully. The tag fascination here is incredible, and lives on.

Well in general styling, they are very different. But they both have relatively long front overhangs, A-pillar very close to the front wheel, fast rooflines... I don't see how those aren't similarly proportioed.

Yeah...no. :P

The C6 has much longer front overhang, a much shorter rear overhang, and a shorter deck.

c6side.jpg

33141180049_large.jpg

Anyway, nice wallpaper.

• 4 weeks later...

Decided to mix it up a bit and go for an old love of mine: aircraft.

Came across a spectacular photo of my favorite of the surviving B-17's, the 909. Too bad it was kinda blurry and dull, so I cleaned i up, sharpened it, upped the contrasts and color saturation, and then burned the left side so as to make my icons easy to see/read.

desktop-2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
that looks like a interesting operating system

What you see is really the GUI on top of the operating system. Also, there are a few differences between my setup and the default KDE setup:

1. I've set up the main panel vertically to the left for an optimal layout on my wide laptop screen.

2. For task switching I've employed a set of icons-only buttons representing each task or group of tasks (like Windows 7 & OS X, but no built-in launchers). Text labels on tasks never seem to look right on vertical panels.