What does your Desktop look like?

Home computer:

desktop11-vi.png

pic on my work Mac desktop:

San_Juan_Islands_at_Sunset_Puget_Sound_Washington1.jpg

Gotta love this sunset shot of our San Juan's here in Seattle Washington. This is taken up on a local road in Bellingham I have taken this shot many times at various times of the day due to storms, it is always lovely.

Gotta love this sunset shot of our San Juan's here in Seattle Washington. This is taken up on a local road in Bellingham I have taken this shot many times at various times of the day due to storms, it is always lovely.

I picked that photo because it is so not Arizona...gives me something relaxing to look at when I get tired of looking at the dry hideous desert void outside... :) I also have a background picture of Aspen, Colorado's Maroon Bells on my laptop..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I picked that photo because it is so not Arizona...gives me something relaxing to look at when I get tired of looking at the dry hideous desert void outside... :) I also have a background picture of Aspen, Colorado's Maroon Bells on my laptop..

Very Cool, I love scenes like that to enjoy on any computer, always makes things relaxing. :P

• 1 month later...

I disagree, the clouds are the subject matter. Where;d you get that photo?

Ohhh yeah. Those are some wicked shelf clouds in the background.

I snagged it from an imageboard (yeah), where it was uploaded by someone who more than likely snagged it from DeviantArt.

I still need to find a nice orb for the taskbar. The one in the screen print works fine, but it looks terrible when you click it. And since I have to use that RAM hogging Rainmeter app to keep my nifty shut down buttons below the dock, I need to find a cool clock and system status readouts so at least it's more worth while.

Edited by black-knight

Although I still haven't replaced the dock icons, the new layout is pretty much finished. It's a Windows, Mac, and Android orgy.

post-8523-0-32959200-1345432201_thumb.jp

I don't know if I want to call it MacWindroid or Chardee MacDennis.

As for new icons, I'd like to have something that straddles the line between iOS icons and Windows 8 tiles.

Oh, and DF, here's that background from earlier if you'd like to use it.

post-8523-0-69223100-1345432350_thumb.jp

Edited by black-knight

Clouds are there own genre of photography, clearly that's what the photographer had in mind. A smaller object is not needed, but if you must, there's a house there already which gives a very ominous feeling. I wouldn't change it.

Sure clouds are their own genre of photography, but the infinite depth of field perception can be enhanced by a smaller object placed closer to the camera distance. The house in the back is too blended in the clouds to be a subject in the photograph.

OK, either I have totally missed how this interface works or because I do not use a hosting service for pictures I just am not able to upload pics. I know I asked before and was told there was plenty of space to upload pics with comments, but how do you guys get pictures uploaded from your computer to the forum. Only way I have found is to put it in my media, but then I end up with a link rather than the pic or are you guys uploading to "My Media" and using the url to the pic there to post in the forum?

Realizing that dressing up Windows 7 to look like Mac OS is lame, I returned the Sony T13 and bought a MacBook Air. I'm officially a douchey douche McDouchepants now.

Oh well. At least I don't have to bitch about Sony's bloatware anymore.

Edited by black-knight

Great! Windows 7 runs perfectly on MacBook Air's!

Yup, yup. I noticed Endgadget did that to a mid-2011 model Air.

It's nice to know that if I have Win7 withdrawals, it's not that hard to go back.

Oh boy, now you get to have Apple's bloatware instead!

Either way, at the end of the day it's better than having to soon deal with Windows 8's ... well, everything.

Your font has changed for some reason. At least Safari didn't enable its 'hipster' mode that makes everything Helvetica or the podcast crew would have to kill you.

Ohhhh ... you mean like this?*

*(Assuming its visible to not only just me.)

Anyway, I'm going to close out of Safari now and reopen Firefox before I kill myself.

Edited by black-knight

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aluminum-Overcast_desktop.jpg

:wub:

That is soooooo freakin' cool.

I LOVE WW2 aircraft!

(yeah I know...posted in 2012....doesnt change the fact that this is such a cool pic)

This is my current desktop...it used to be of my two kids...but I see their face live everyday... :blush:

2014-chevrolet-camaro-zl1-2015-dodge-cha

I HATE THAT 5th gen. CAMARO!!! :cussing:

I just ignore it...I have it for the Hellcats (yes car and airplane) and for the DC-3.

To tell you the truth...Ive had this desktop now for about 3 months...and I dont see the Camaro at all anymore... :mind-blowing:

Can you call that  power of persuasion?

Whatever...Im happy I dont acknowledge it and drool over the Hellcat.

Mine is kind of boring, I suppose, but my background is just an old picture of my son at 1 years old (he's 4 now, I should really update that, but I haven't yet).  I'm usually posting from work, and that is my laptop at home, so I'm afraid no screen grab just at the moment.

Desktop 1 5 23 15

Desktop 2 5 23 15

Since I use two screens, I tend to vary what I have on either desktop. The first is a drawing of the Skoda Superb that I pulled from their media site - I have a thing for drawings of concepts and production vehicles. The other is a Subaru WRX STI rally car. Usually, I have one of the shots from my reviews on one of my screens.

My work laptop.  I've been to this castle before though not in the snow.

attachicon.gifdesktop.png

Like that castle!

Me too.

That castle inspired me to have the Acropolis of Athens as my signature.

The castle, I forget the name, is one of the few castles in Europe to never be damaged in war. It is still privately owned and the family lives in one section while allowing tours in the other.

The castle, I forget the name, is one of the few castles in Europe to never be damaged in war. It is still privately owned and the family lives in one section while allowing tours in the other.

"Eltz Castle is a medieval castle nestled in the hills above the Moselle River between Koblenz and Trier, Germany."

Google is my friend. :spin:

So I just dropped the image of that castle in the Google Image box...and Voila! Like magic... :dance:

Id love to visit Germany one day. All of Europe actually. Great Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Hungary...ahem Monaco...(maybe a tad too rich for my blood), Austria...where Ill throw another shrimp on the Bar B... :roflmao:

Sometimes I just crack myself up!

(Ok...that joke was stolen from somewhere else...sue me!)

On second thought...let me just reference it just in case...Dumb and Dumber...that joke comes from Dumb and Dumber...

Ive been to Greece countless of times...but its nice to see other parts of the world, non?

"Eltz Castle is a medieval castle nestled in the hills above the Moselle River between Koblenz and Trier, Germany."

Google is my friend. :spin:

So I just dropped the image of that castle in the Google Image box...and Voila! Like magic... :dance:

Id love to visit Germany one day. All of Europe actually. Great Britain, France, Italy, Germany, Hungary...ahem Monaco...(maybe a tad too rich for my blood), Austria...where Ill throw another shrimp on the Bar B... :roflmao:

Sometimes I just crack myself up!

(Ok...that joke was stolen from somewhere else...sue me!)

On second thought...let me just reference it just in case...Dumb and Dumber...that joke comes from Dumb and Dumber...

Ive been to Greece countless of times...but its nice to see other parts of the world, non?

Most fun you could have is to be in Frankfurt for October fest which is also preceeded by their wine festival. Talk about a drinking blast of fun with amazing food. Then make sure you get to Hanover for CBET. Just bundle up as it is cold.

• 9 months later...

My current one which is a throwback of sorts. The picture on the desktop was done about eight years ago. It's a combination of Photoshop, Bryce 3D, and my old Talon. I was feeling a bit nostalgic this weekend.

post-13324-0-24287400-1457926915_thumb.j

Edited by surreal1272