Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

Be careful out there, friends

66 posts in this topic

I came home for lunch today, and checked in here for a few minutes before heading back. On the way back to work I was involved in a traffic accident. My beautiful new truck is wrecked. An access road coming through the back way out of our local ballpark has a gentle arc leading to another, wide-open parking lot. At the very end of that road, about the last 20 feet or so, it turns sharply to the right to meet that lot. There are no stop signs, no lane markings and no speed limit, as it is private property belonging to the ballpark. Quite a few folks use it as a shortcut.

Anyway, a guy in a black Cobalt sedan was driving through that rear lot, out of my line of sight (high fences obscure the view), went to make a hard left onto the access road just as I was rounding that sharp turn, and I hit him, from the fender all the way down the side of his car. The left front corner of my truck is messed up pretty bad. The bumper was into the tire. My boss came over and pulled the bumper away with a chain hooked to his Explorer so I could get it to our shop.

We waited almost 3 hours for the police officer to arrive. Not a good day. I am sick.

I'm so sorry, Bill. I hope the whole insurance ordeal goes as smoothly as it can. At least you are OK.

I'm not trying to make light of the situation, but can you write your own estimate and have your shop do the work, or does the insurance company have to take care of it? I'm just asking because it would be great if you can at least have a hand in how it's fixed to make sure it's done right.

Thanks, everyone. z, I have Progressive insurance, and we are not linked with them at our shop. A Progessive employee will come out to write the estimate. You better believe I will be hovering, however.

My problem with Progressive is, they are big on aftermarket parts. I think I will be ok on this though, since the GMT900 is so new, there aren't many aftermarket parts available for them yet.

Sigh... damn, this is sad for me.

Edited by ocnblu

I am so sorry. I really am. I hope you can get past this safely and go forward with what you need to do in your life. It hurts I know. I do understand your pain. I know that you do not need or want this, but will pass. Please let us know how you get through this time period.

Well at least it wasn't that pesky Lincoln Townhouse :AH-HA_wink:

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your truck but at least you walked away and the truck sounds repairable. I was less than thrilled when a teenager hit my Sierra in Feb, but eventually everything was put right. Certainly a hassle, but there are worse outcomes.

That sucks..first me-now you!

I think everyone needs to watch out...it's speading......

I hope your baby is fixed soon.... :yes:

Yeah, That's what I was thinking... Maybe a full body Bubble Wrap for my car would be a good investment... You guys better get ready because I have a bad feeling I'll be next. At lunch all of the idiots at my school like to drift through the icy parking lot, cutting lot's of cars close... Someone's gonna smoke me one of these days... Between the idiot abusing his poor 1993 SSEi by drag racing, the Idiots in the Prelude, 1985 Mustang, and 1987 740GLE drifting around, and the people trying to kill a Ford Tempo, it's just a matter of time. I park in between a 1992 760 and a 1996 Eighty Eight, so I guess I'm kind of shielded but I'd hate to be a Cavalier on Oldsmoblie sandwich with some Volvo on the side.

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Oh man! I'm so sorry about your baby! :(

Can you take a photos to show the damage?

Hopefully the insurance mess is sorted out quickly so you can get her fixed and looking like new again. At least you are ok.

Wow 'blu. I'm so sorry about your MVA. I am certainly glad you are alright. The vehicles can be fixed. You can't be replaced.

Oh man!

I am so sorry to hear this!

That truck is gorgeous and I can't even make myself picture it damaged.

Ocn, say it isn't so!

:nono:

Thanks again, everyone. Usually when an accident occurs on private property in PA, each person has to go through their own insurance. That's what I've heard from customers in this situation, and that's what the officer said as well. I'll post a picture of the pain tonight I guess.

Thanks for giving me my beach, z.

I would be sick about this as well. So sorry to hear this news. Hopefully you will have a pristine repair job and be "good as new" very soon.

Ocn, you know how much I love your Sierra... I pray all goes well for you. You know I had a similar experience myself this time last year with the SKY - you'd never know it was hit or repaired unless I showed you the pictures from the accident. Stay on top of it and hopefully all works out in your favor.

Just so everyone here knows what great looking truck Ocn has, I'm attaching a picture of it that I took when Fly picked up his Lesabre at Camino's and a bunch of us C&Gers gathered for the event back at the beginning of August.

post-418-1196447395_thumb.jpg

post-418-1196447596_thumb.jpg

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0