Smart

Eye opening

Accomplishment

Curves

Straightaways

Awe

... and so on.

Then it goes on to say...

Car. One simple word. Packed with so much meaning. To some, it stands for freedom. To others it's hood scoops and horsepower. For others still, it means fun and escape. We all have our own personal definitions. They all mean something special. So let's bring car back. And all the good it stands for.

From the company that always was, and will be, Car.

Reminds me a bit of Crispin Porter + Bogusky's original MINI "motoring" theme back in '02, Nissan's SHIFT_, Jaguar's "Gorgeous", and VW's "Das Auto".

MINI "Mantra"

Let's motor. Let's sip, not guzzle. Let's leave off-road vehicles off-road. Let's stop pretending we live in the jungle. Let's stop intimidating each other. Let's not use the size of our vehicle to compensate for other shortcomings. Let's reclaim our bicycle lanes. Let's be happy. Let's have joy.

Let's be honest. Let's burn the directions. Let's get lost. Let's learn. Let's turn left when we should turn right. Let's not be-right-back. Let's hold out until the next stop. Let's break routine, but not make a routine out of it.

Let's teach it tricks. Let's give it a name. Let's show it some affection. Let's wash it. Let's treat it like family. Let's create our own styles. Let's teach them unto others.

Let's mess with perfection. Let's bumper sticker it. Let's bonnet stripe it. Let's fuzzy dice it. Let's paint it. Let's graduation-tassel it.

Let's motor.

Nissan "SHIFT_"

SHIFT_...

transform

capacity

speed

outings

performance

autobots

robotron

expectations

future

conformity

youth

technique

venues

beauty

creativity

play

bonding

assumptions

canvas

affection

environment

continents

journeys

expectations

status quo

inspiration

frontier

excitement

limits

possibility

... and so on.

Jaguar "Gorgeous"

"Gorgeous. Gorgeous deserves your immediate attention. Gorgeous makes effort looks effortless. Gorgeous stays up late and still looks gorgeous. Gorgeous has no love for logic. Gorgeous loves fast. Everyone cares what Gorgeous says. Gorgeous gets in everywhere. Gorgeous can't be ordinary even if it tries. Gorgeous pays for itself in the first five seconds. Gorgeous doesn't care at all what others were doing. Gorgeous was born that way. Gorgeous trumps everything. Gorgeous is worth it.

VW "Das Auto" = "The Car"

The idea is that VW is to the Automobile as Coke is to soda, or as Hoover is to vacuum cleaner, or as Kleenex is to facial tissue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ZSsKyq1Fw

Edited by empowah

Yes, it seems to have been done before... this is an attempt to recast an image for Pontiac as they transition to all-RWD, it is Pontiac, reinforcing their values, reaffirming their philosophy. I see no harm.

As with most advertising little is totally original anymore

I would lover to hear Clint Eastwood, Paul Newman or some other big star do the voice over that many would know who it is once he is heard.

On the Donald Trump show they used Trace Adkins the country singer for a voice over. He sounded like God. He also would be a good option.

How frickin' STUPID and IDIOTIC.

Listen GM.....why don't you bring back "We Build Excitement" and then give Pontiac a product portfolio that actually lives up to the tagline! (Buick could stand to do the same with "Premium American Motorcars.)

How frickin' STUPID and IDIOTIC.

Listen GM.....why don't you bring back "We Build Excitement" and then give Pontiac a product portfolio that actually lives up to the tagline! (Buick could stand to do the same with "Premium American Motorcars.)

X2

i actually like it... simple.... pontiac should be simply about the driving experience... performance, handling, power

All your RWD are made by us!

I see the logic, but it is poorly done. Should never have passed the ad agency's review, let alone the client briefing. Until they replace the Torrent it's not even true.

I saw the new TV ad the other night w/ this slogan..the ad was cool, showed the Solstice, G6 GXP, G8, etc.

I think "Our Cars Can Kick the Crap out of your B<W for Much Less" Would be more to the point. 3

Or "We are Not Your Over Promised FWD Excitment Rusted Out Father Grand Am or my Moms Aztec Anymore."

And Finally "My Car Can Beat Your Car."

Just kidding here but Pontiac needs a fresh start as old slogans of past cars that lost the Excitment in the first place will not work.

The key here is ther old gard Pontiac fans are too few anymore and the people we need to sell these cars too were born after Smokey anf the Bandit came out at the Theaters.

Pontiac needs to win people who are now buying low end Lexus, Acura and BMW now not Toyota ie Chevy.

The Pontiac today is going to be for the people who enjoy the drive and are not just getting there. People who show pride or identify with the car or cars status it brings.

The new slogan need Image and swagger. We now have a real car to back it up in the G8 or GXP Solstice. These are the first real Euro styled Pontiac's ever unless you believed them in 1973 with the Grand AM or in 84 with the STE. I was not fooled and few others were to.

Here's my slogan: K.C. is MAN. I hope I don't get sued for infringement on such a poorly done advertising slogan.

:rolleyes:

To quote myself in the G8 ST thread:

How F***ing creative...

I'll bet you money that I could come up with something way better than this!

8)

:rolleyes:

To quote myself in the G8 ST thread:

I'll bet you money that I could come up with something way better than this!

8)

I know you could as most marketing and advertising people I know with are total idiots. And I have worked with a lot of them.

There are a few good ones but there are 4 bad ones for ever good one.

Pontiac's new slogan should be, Our slogan sucks, just like the new G8! Oops, did I actually say what I was thinking? :P

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Pontiac's new slogan should be, Our slogan sucks, just like the new G8! Oops, did I actually say what I was thinking? :P

HaHa...btw, have you put an Avis sticker on your W-body POS? :)

Edited by moltar

I'm sure that could change in 6 months' time. :AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0