Followers 0
Camino LS6

First G8s arrive!!!

67 posts in this topic

Ahhh...SWEET!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

CDshowcase=www.WRMN1410.com*SATURDAY.january26*2p-5p.and.8p-11p.CENTRAL

"I've had enough" ... REO Speedwagon ... 'Time For Me To Fly'

Brings up an interesting point - Dodge is apparently painting the 43rd Challenger off the line in Petty Blue, as a tribute to the King. It will be a strictly one-off color, not one that's available on any other Challenger.

What other significant numbers might be used to create special collectibles? I was thinking that number 1955 - representing the first year of the Pontiac V8 - would be nice for the G8. Maybe paint it a 1950s-style two-tone red-and-white.

Any other suggestions?

Funny, you guys weren't this excited when the G5 first hit the lots, what gives? :scratchchin:

Funny, you guys weren't this excited when the G5 first hit the lots, what gives? :scratchchin:

CUz it was already around with a Chevy badge on it. :P

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...... RING RING RING. THERE HERE! THERE HERE!!!!!

The new Pontiac has arrived so let the selling begin. :pbjtime:

So is the G8. :smilewide:

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

Okay....the "Queen Bitch of Interiors" has to speak his voice......

Saw the new G8 at NAIAS.....GT and a V6.....and was shockingly appalled at the interior quality on these new sedans. Those of you that have seen the production units arrive....how do THEY look?

I was certainly NOT alone in my opinions....many people commented how cheap the car looked inside. The worst offenders were the controls/switches/knobs/etc.....cheap, flimsy, and certainly not substantial. GM's "black tie" controls may be overused in many GM cars, but they are far superior from a quality and refinement standpoint.

Additionally, in the base $27K model, the steering wheel and gear shifter are not even covered in leather.....but a nasty plastic....?

At least the seats were nice.....front and rear.....and at least the base car has an attractive cloth trim.

That being said.....the cars are still extremely attractive....and I love the powertrains. But with all the strides GM has been making in interiors, this car's interior was a major disappointment to me....

Other opinions?

Saw the new G8 at NAIAS.....GT and a V6.....and was shockingly appalled at the interior quality on these new sedans. Those of you that have seen the production units arrive....how do THEY look?

I was certainly NOT alone in my opinions....many people commented how cheap the car looked inside. The worst offenders were the controls/switches/knobs/etc.....cheap, flimsy, and certainly not substantial. GM's "black tie" controls may be overused in many GM cars, but they are far superior from a quality and refinement standpoint.

Additionally, in the base $27K model, the steering wheel and gear shifter are not even covered in leather.....but a nasty plastic....?

At least the seats were nice.....front and rear.....and at least the base car has an attractive cloth trim.

That being said.....the cars are still extremely attractive....and I love the powertrains. But with all the strides GM has been making in interiors, this car's interior was a major disappointment to me....

Other opinions?

Hmmm, I said that last year when I was at Holden, I was told I didn't know what I was talking about, even though I drove the Holden. Well now you will all see it. Enjoy that quality interior. :smilewide:

So is the G8. :smilewide:

haha, t3h LuMinA RuleZ!

LuminaSS001.jpg

Edited by ZL-1

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK...... RING RING RING. THERE HERE! THERE HERE!!!!!

The new Pontiac has arrived so let the selling begin. :pbjtime:

Get them while you can, two model years tops! :AH-HA_wink:

Get them while you can, two model years tops! :AH-HA_wink:

All of a sudden something seems oddly possible about that...

Still, I'll gladly also take #888. It would put the Fleetwood to rest more, but I guess my gas bill would still be insane...

Somehow an RWD performance car that is't sold as a Chevy in the same market as the G8 is easier to get more excited about than a FWD average-at-best economy car that's sold across the street. :scratchchin:

Other opinions?

How does it compare to the Grand Prix, though? I'm not expecting Cadillac quality in a Pontiac, but as long as it's better than the cheap, nasty plastics of it's predecessor...

How does it compare to the Grand Prix, though? I'm not expecting Cadillac quality in a Pontiac, but as long as it's better than the cheap, nasty plastics of it's predecessor...

It's about the same, if not worse. :AH-HA_wink:

Since I've never been inside a GP or G8, does that mean it's :puke:?

It certainly looks nice in pictures - but I don't grope my dash anyway, so I don't care too much.

Hard to believe. The interior quality of every Grand Prix rental I've had has been borderline embarrasing.

Hard to believe. The interior quality of every Grand Prix rental I've had has been borderline embarrasing.

JD Power begs to differ :wink:

I entered my whole fam, thankfully my son is 18. Finally more PONTIAC EXCITEMENT, can't wait to see them kick charger ass.

Edited by gm4life

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0