gmpartsgirl

Just curious?

89 posts in this topic

It seems that most everyone on this forum is from up North and East. Doesn't seem to be alot of you from the midwest or western half of the states. Am I wrong in that assumption? If not, why do you think so many are from the eastern half and the northern states? Strange?

Because the northeast is the greatest part of the country! w00t NY

Would the fact that the boards were/are based out of New Jersey have anything to do with it? (I doubt it, actually, but ...)

So Cal here. There are a bunch of us from the West...

It depends on the time of day.

We have a large contingent from California.

Myself?

Pennsylvania - outside of Philly.

Cool and isn't PCS from Texas origianlly? So i'm not the only southerner here. :AH-HA_wink:

Denver and Phoenix here, though I'm originally from Ohio (and lived in S. Florida, Michigan, and Illinois in the past).

Cool and isn't PCS from Texas origianlly? So i'm not the only southerner here. :AH-HA_wink:

*Ahem.*

I am not exactly from the North, either. :AH-HA_wink:

SoCal here.....Orange County (duh....my name...duh.....LOL)

Been here for 9 1/2 years......

San Francisco for 2 years prior......

Philadelphia for 2 years prior to that......

Detroit for 2 years prior to that......

Flint for 5 years prior to that (GMI)

Born in Oklahoma City and grew up there and in Dallas. Lived short times as a kid in St. Louis and New Jersey (outside of NYC.)

I think alot of the volume we have from the midwest and east coast are due to the huge number of GM employees/plant employees/etc up in Michigan, the midwest, and the east coast.

Philly metro here!

Whereabouts?

When I was there, I lived up in Montgomery County between Landsale and Doylestown.....right off route 309 and route 63 (was that it...?)

Nice area, really nice area. But if I had to do it again, I'd live in Center City, or Manyunk.

Don't forget the rather large number of Canadians too.

You guys are but a drop in the bucket of this vast sea of Americana.......

No one south of Indiana or Pennsylvania gives you guys a second thought......

(LOL.....j/k.......we love our :canada: friends.....)

anderson SC, so southern its part of my states name.

Whereabouts?

When I was there, I lived up in Montgomery County between Landsale and Doylestown.....right off route 309 and route 63 (was that it...?)

Nice area, really nice area. But if I had to do it again, I'd live in Center City, or Manyunk.

I lived in Manayunk for a year.

I'm across the Atlantic Ocean. Beautiful Lisboa, Portugal.

It seems that most everyone on this forum is from up North and East. Doesn't seem to be alot of you from the midwest or western half of the states. Am I wrong in that assumption? If not, why do you think so many are from the eastern half and the northern states? Strange?

We're practically neighbors, I'm in Springgy, MO

SoCal here.....Orange County (duh....my name...duh.....LOL)

Been here for 9 1/2 years......

San Francisco for 2 years prior......

Philadelphia for 2 years prior to that......

Detroit for 2 years prior to that......

Flint for 5 years prior to that (GMI)

Born in Oklahoma City and grew up there and in Dallas. Lived short times as a kid in St. Louis and New Jersey (outside of NYC.)

I think alot of the volume we have from the midwest and east coast are due to the huge number of GM employees/plant employees/etc up in Michigan, the midwest, and the east coast.

Didn't think about the GM presence in the north, makes sense. And you're from the City?! So cool, I guess we are kind of spread all over. I love this forum, so glad I found you guys.

Don't forget the rather large number of Canadians too.

Yeah I noticed that. Some friends of mine are saving to move there so they can get married. We're wanting to move to maybe North Carolina or somewhere on the eastern coast after the kiddo is grown up and on his own.

Out here with all the Hippies in Oregon.

I am 200 miles almost slightly North and mostly East of Chicago. I am in Dubuque Iowa where WI and IL all meet on the Mississippi. I was born here and raised here and lived in Denver for two summers back in the 70's to work, and North of Des Monies in Ames for 4 (going to school at Iowa State go Cyclones!) and came back. My wife was born in Cascade 20 miles SW of Dubuque a town of 2,500 and came to Dubuque for school (by then I was done back living at home with mom and dad) we met on a blind date the rest is history. My oldest son (18) GM car nut too, was born in Dubuque as was my daughter (15) born in Dubuque.

Edited by gm4life

I live in Kaukauna Wisconsin. 20 miles south of Green Bay and about 10 miles east of Appleton.

Yes ma'am, I am! :AH-HA_wink:

I live in SoCal. It has been that way my entire life so far, and I plan to keep it that way.

I live in Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks which is basically right on the border of LA county and Ventura county. Best way to describe the location would be to say I am adjacent to Malibu.

We're practically neighbors, I'm in Springgy, MO

My dad was born and raised in FogeyField....! (LOL....that's what we called it....cause seemed to have lots of old people there.)

His side of the family all still live there.

It's a nice place......not too terribly exciting, but you do have SMSU there.....and it's cheap to live.....and you are really close to all the outdoor beauty of the Ozarks!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room