Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

300, Grand Cherokee, Durango and Charger images leaked

Intrepidation

Chrysler's restructuring/viability PDF showed off some interesting stuff, with mention to the 200C's possible production among other things. Noteworthy are leaked images of the next gen 300, GC, Charger, and Durango. How accurate anything these are (outside of the Grand Cherokee) is unknown, as the others are in the relatively early development process..

http://www.media.chrysler.com/dcxms/assets...m_Viability.pdf

001jeepchrysler2010.jpg

000jeepchrysler2010.jpg

Chrysler.jpg

I'm disappointed with the 300, it looks like a new nose grafted on the current car. I'm hoping it's nothing more than a Photochop to give an idea what the car will ve like without giving the final design away.

I like the GC..although the profile image is crap, there's enough to make out that it's not a refresh.

Charger looks interesting...I'm not sure I like how it lost its signature belt line kink, but it is cleaner and has a more athletic stance.

Durango gives me a Sequoia vibe.

I sure hope the production 300 has a driver's side mirror. :P

The Grand Cherokee looks really nice, and based on profile alone, I like that rendering of the next Durango much better than the current one.

love what they did to the charger! they got rid of the ugly ass hump on the rear quarter! looks nicer, almost athletic!

the 300, not at all.

the interiors that are new look deritive and korean. no imagination whatsoever. guess an 08 or 09 would be the 300 that i would want then.....since they killed magnum.

3 chances to do the interior right on this car and they failed all three times. any word on a competent v6 ( which is what this car needs, a 300hp DI v6 and AWD 6 speed tranny).

I see they got rid of the moronic steering wheel too! yeay!

Edited by regfootball

The interiors are unexciting but pleasant, better than the current ones. The exteriors... meh. I thought Chrysler styling was supposed to be moving away from the "edge" theme.

Also I think the cars in the pics are complete 3D models, not photochops. But the whole presentation still looks amaturish.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

Are we just talking about the terrible side profile of the Charger posted above as I could not find any image in the 177 doc of the charger that is better than this

The image of the GC looks like a LAST gen X5 met a GMT-900 Tahoe and stole it's headlights. Not unattractive by any means...just a mix of already seen that.

Please point to me which CHM-900 has has thin headlights like that. I'm dying to know. It looks like what it is: an evolution of the current GC.

love what they did to the charger! they got rid of the ugly ass hump on the rear quarter! looks nicer, almost athletic!

the 300, not at all.

the interiors that are new look deritive and korean. no imagination whatsoever. guess an 08 or 09 would be the 300 that i would want then.....since they killed magnum.

3 chances to do the interior right on this car and they failed all three times. any word on a competent v6 ( which is what this car needs, a 300hp DI v6 and AWD 6 speed tranny).

I see they got rid of the moronic steering wheel too! yeay!

So you can tell interior quality based on a tiny 3D model huh? Reg you never cease to amaze me.

You should really pay attention more often: next LX cars will have the new Phoenix V6 engines,s one of the most advanced V6 engines in the world, and at least some version of the powertrain will be hooked up to an 8-speed automatic.

the jeep looks dumb.

That comment is dumb.

I like the look of that GC. I've always liked them (maybe the current one not so much), and I wish I lived somewhere that would really take advantage of its capabilities.

I actually really dig the current GC, especially when it's lowered with the big wheels. In SRT-8 form, it looks incredibly badass, and in my opinion, better than the Cayenne's, and RR Sports.

I actually really dig the current GC, especially when it's lowered with the big wheels. In SRT-8 form, it looks incredibly badass, and in my opinion, better than the Cayenne's, and RR Sports.

I forgot abou the SRT-8... I've liked all generations of those!

These look like crappy Photoshops of the current models, based on the design themes they're working on for the next gens. The interiors also look very strange.

Well the Jeep interior is at least somewhat accurate as it matches the spy shot we've seen. The renders themselves are pretty primitive though.

1. Where did this come from?

2. Load of $h!. Two of all models shown will not even make it to 2010......very crappy photoshops indeed....

1. Viability plan presented to Congress.

2. Which two models exactly? The Durango is skipping a model year or two I believe but a replacement has already confirmed to be in the works for some time now. Chrysler has confirmed all 4 models will be redesigned. So there's no BS in that respect. The chops on the other hand? I the GC looks accurate based on spyshots we've seen but the others look like photochops. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

the 300 is a disappointment. the shape is no longer exciting or fresh, even bentley has moved on. the styling is not good either. the interiors only look like mild improvements. the GC is remotely interesting against a sea of new croosovers/utes. the least you can say is it's good looking.

The scariest thing about what is revealed in the viability plans is that midsize products and smaller seem to be conspicuously absent from the plans (except for the mention of the 200C and the EV roadster). Maybe "absent" is not the correct term; maybe "the plans for midsize and smaller products seem extremely vague" would be a better way to phrase it. I guess Chrysler is really counting on the Fiat deal to supply them with some nicer vehicles to complement the 4 fullsize products showcased in their viability plans. I'm surprised that the government hasn't blasted them for appearing to be so focused and dependent on this end of the market. I do hope that these products and the Fiat deal produce the desired results that the company so desperately needs.

As far as making judgements about these upcoming products based on the leaked images: I have learned that you really can't make any judgements until you see actual production versions of the vehicles. The eventual production versions are almost always significantly different than what is revealed by these images. I do hope that they can return the Grand Cherokee to its former glory; the current one seems like such a wrong turn for this esteemed model name.

Edited by cire

1. Viability plan presented to Congress.

2. Which two models exactly? The Durango is skipping a model year or two I believe but a replacement has already confirmed to be in the works for some time now. Chrysler has confirmed all 4 models will be redesigned. So there's no BS in that respect. The chops on the other hand? I the GC looks accurate based on spyshots we've seen but the others look like photochops. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

1. Well, in that case, maybe it was thrown together to look pretty......

2.The Durango is still a maybe, as much of that depends on the current plan. And just because they say that all might be redesigned means that it will happen. Rumors are still swirling of the 300's demise. And Fiat thrown in changes the game also.

You only have to look at GM's plan to see how fast things change....G3, anyone?

1. Well, in that case, maybe it was thrown together to look pretty......

2.The Durango is still a maybe, as much of that depends on the current plan. And just because they say that all might be redesigned means that it will happen. Rumors are still swirling of the 300's demise. And Fiat thrown in changes the game also.

You only have to look at GM's plan to see how fast things change....G3, anyone?

Durango is being redesigned on GC platform...this cuts down costs of the GC's platform verses the two SUVs having their own platforms...it makes sense that it would continue. 300 and Charger are confirmed. Chrysler isn't GM, they don't don't cancel models after confirming their existance and production dates. :P

Durango is being redesigned on GC platform...this cuts down costs of the GC's platform verses the two SUVs having their own platforms...it makes sense that it would continue. 300 and Charger are confirmed. Chrysler isn't GM, they don't don't cancel models after confirming their existance and production dates. :P

Ummmm..... :neenerneener:

Please point to me which CHM-900 has has thin headlights like that. I'm dying to know. It looks like what it is: an evolution of the current GC.

So you can tell interior quality based on a tiny 3D model huh? Reg you never cease to amaze me.

You should really pay attention more often: next LX cars will have the new Phoenix V6 engines,s one of the most advanced V6 engines in the world, and at least some version of the powertrain will be hooked up to an 8-speed automatic.

That comment is dumb.

in the meantime i can do burnouts with the 2.7l v6 and 4 pot auto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all they did on the new 300 interior was to copy the cadillac side vents on the dash and the chinese park avenue center stack and everything else is asian bland derivitive. no imaginine and it looks horribly dated.

Edited by regfootball

in the meantime i can do burnouts with the 2.7l v6 and 4 pot auto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what does that have to do with anything? 2.7, along with every other V6 gets replaced by the Phoenix series, starting with the new LX cars.

all they did on the new 300 interior was to copy the cadillac side vents on the dash and the chinese park avenue center stack and everything else is asian bland derivitive. no imaginine and it looks horribly dated.

Those side vents you seem to like to make a big deal of can be found in many other cars, the general shape is used in several interiors. It looks "horribly dated" yet you just compared it to 2 in-production cars. That's not dated. Amazing how you can make out so much from a small, primitive render...your skills (or lack thereof) are amazing. How about waiting until we see actual spyshots of the real thing before making judgments as though they were final?

The profile of the Charger looks nice, and I'm really diggin the GC. I am totally biased because I honestly believe I could never own another vehicle besides my GC, but the front end looks like an evolution of the 2nd gen, and the body looks like an evolution of the 3rd gen. They are merged together very nicely too in my opinion. The other two...well...we'll see I suppose.

The profile of the Charger looks nice, and I'm really diggin the GC. I am totally biased because I honestly believe I could never own another vehicle besides my GC, but the front end looks like an evolution of the 2nd gen, and the body looks like an evolution of the 3rd gen. They are merged together very nicely too in my opinion. The other two...well...we'll see I suppose.

Ding! We have a winner, That is the perfect analogy. :thumbsup:

Hey look, someone else can compare shapes to cars that are actually relevant!

They're building on the icon status of the current 300 with this new one. I like the updates, even if the render is "high school". The Charger I'm not sold on. It looks like they've tried to put '99 Concept cues onto a body proportionally similar to the current car, ehhh...

WTH is THAT?

I've heard the 300 and Charger redesigns will be more "cab forward" styled than the proposed pics above.

I truly want to see what they will ACTUALLY look like, not a design rendering. I still remember the "MaxxCab" or whatever it was being called the "next generation Ram". And it wasn't.

:AH-HA_wink:

The Durango went from good to worse to bad, not good to bad to worse. The first redesign was the worst IMO.... the 2004. Yuck! The 2007 (?) refresh was better than the 2004, for me anyways.

Anddd.....

reg...?

Are you posting drunk again?

lol

+1

chrysler would be better off returning to cab forward. the hood car thing has played out.

its unfortunate these images leaked because now the people who have seen these will prob not want to bail out chrysler anymore considering how weak an effort this is.

It's played out? O'RLY? Cuz I see lots of mainstream cars with those proportions. I'm sure in your diluted world you do too. :wink:

You must have very short memory, as besides the Jeep (which a lot of people on this very board seem to like based on what they see so far), the others are very much subject to change, as they are still in the early development cycle.

its unfortunate these images leaked because now the people who have seen these will prob not want to bail out chrysler anymore considering how weak an effort this is.

I see where you are coming from this time reg!

Another automaker should ALSO not expect people to want to "bail them out" due to weak efforts....

Know what I mean....??!?!

:AH-HA_wink:

042420071226369789.jpg

:neenerneener:

Good analogy... I'm biased as a 2nd gen GC owner, still like its exterior styling and interior design over the 3rd. Looking forward to seeing how the 4th develops.