Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

So what did you learn today?

Satty

I've learned many things. Most importantly, I've learned that I can start a hilarious meme that takes up multiple pages in a thread, then gets its own thread, currently at four pages, and likely to grow.

I also learned that my fiancee can tell I haven't shaved by talking to me on the phone. 'Twas either a very good guess, or she could hear my facial foliage brushing against the phone.

Finally, I learned that if I need clean boxers, they're on the back of the sofa.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I learned that Toyotas actually hold up well in a face off against poop.

Want to hear something really sad? I had actually forgotten about that thread. It was very overshadowed by the EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! thread, which is a shame, because the poop-Toyota thread had some good moments.

Learned that piano players at bars hate it when you walk in the door and request Piano Man.

And that bars are already full of drunk people at 8:30 on a Thursday night, which makes a pleasant evening very difficult

And that the Prius is a chick magnet

Ugh, I realized that drinking 5 Stoli-O and Gingers on an empty stomach is not a good idear. There is a reason why I don't drink much. I am proud to say I'm a lightweight when it comes to alcohol, I just wish I had stopped sooner, or eaten something.

I learned that if you call d link sales and mention "cisco" they go in rant for 30 plus minutes about them then offer you 50% off 48 port gigabit managed switches. Which is awesome because i order 20 DGS1248T @ 350 a piece. i think there 630 normally. which means we have $6000 spare dollars on our department budget so we are going to bar several nights a week for a month.

Also this retraining sucks. I cant work in a cubicle. I spent almost 2 decades out in the wild. Its also hard to to hold back and kill people.

Also Visual Basic SUCKS!!! But its awesome for writing malicious code.

Also there's nothing better than boobs and alcohol.

Well let me rephrase...today I got a huge reminder of it.

Ahhh yes, those little reminders that humanity is doomed. Makes for a great Monday, doesn't it?

hot = dumb

She prolly thinks a Prius naturally degrades into a small pile of sticks, like in Toyota's notorious lie of a commercial.:lol:

She was hot enough that it doesn't matter how dumb she is.

Mel Gibson EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!

Not that bad, the crown of thorns I was going to make the guy wear is in the LeSabre.

But today I learned that beautiful spring days on a college campus can turn an engaged man suicidal.

And also, I should never begin a conversation with, "You know what I miss about being single?"

Today I learned that clearly there are plenty of IDIOTS in upper mgmt that cannot seem to understand that an economic slow down will not change a rushed product with piss poor testing to be successful.

Our current project is just broken in way to many ways. But it brings "EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Was reading up on HR-45, the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of 2009- where the agenda is to unarm the citizenry, ignoring the overwhelming counter-evidence that it does exactly the opposite of what the proponents claim it'll do. Beginning to take just a smidge more stock in the conspiracy-theorists, every day.

Was reading up on HR-45, the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of 2009- where the agenda is to unarm the citizenry, ignoring the overwhelming counter-evidence that it does exactly the opposite of what the proponents claim it'll do. Beginning to take just a smidge more stock in the conspiracy-theorists, every day.

:nono:

they can have mine after they are empty.

I emailed my state senator about the "Ammunition Accountability Act" the other day. its dead in the water in my state. voted into the ground. told me if it comes up again he'll vote no again. Controling legally owned firearms does nothing to stop violence committed with illegally aquired ones.

Edited by cletus8269

Not today, but I learned long ago that some people are incapable of detecting sarcasm in normal conversation...of course, the fact that I never change my expression or tone of voice when I'm being sarcastic probably contributes to that.

Not today, but I learned long ago that some people are incapable of detecting sarcasm in normal conversation...of course, the fact that I never change my expression or tone of voice when I'm being sarcastic probably contributes to that.

I have that problem as well, some people dont seem to appreciate it.

Its only 4:30 and I've already learned that people suck. I woke up, grabbed my phone to check my appointments for the day and say that I had a voicemail. Someone broke into my secret lair where the Buick is being held, and instead of stealing tools, or anything with any real value, they stole carburetors. They got the one off the old engine, with its demonic choke, and the one off the good engine. Apparently thats all that was missing.

I went over and checked it out this morning. The door was kicked in, but nothing with any monetary value was stolen other than the carbs. I really dont get it, the tools, shop lights, the welder, other random garage stuff was left untouched. Is there some sort of black market for carburetors that I dont know about?

What did I learn today?

Same thing I learn every day - that there are STUPID people everywhere you turn...and that it's downright amazing they have a job they don't deserve in the first place.

Try than AND beans when you have to spend your afternoon in a room full of people :smilewide:

Those are the rare days I teach my entire lesson from the window and don't check the homework. :smilewide:

What did I learn today? That even though I'm not allergic to all the active ingredients in Excedrin, I'm allergic to Excedrin.