So what did you learn today?

Satty

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a moron. I wanted to go biking this afternoon, but I sold my bike rack after unloading the Fusion. Oops. And the car I bought solely to transport sporting goods is in a billion pieces. Oops, again. I *think* I can get my bike in the Prius if I clean out the trunk and back seat, it my be a wee bit long.

Those folding bikes are great space savers, but have drawbacks when they have to be used as bikes. My bike has quick release wheels, but that doesn't help when you've only got 6 inches between the back of the driver's seat and the back of the car. Ok, its not quite that tight, but the Prius is no LeSabre.

Speaking of the LeSabre, I've learned that Craigslist is a great tool to find pre-loved 307s (got mine at a yard for like twice what they're going for on CL :angry: ) but its damn near impossible to find a 4bbl carb on the cheap.

DAMMIT! I just found a knocking 307 an hour away for $50. I'm thinking my dream of having a V8 coffee table base will be coming true.

Edited by Satty

......Nevermind, too easy

I teach students how to use the lighting equipment for the school plays. According to Wikipedia, a bastard is:

In theatre lighting, a bastard color refers to a color, typically in a color gel, wherein the predominant color is blended with small amounts of complementary colors; for example, a "bastard orange" gel would produce predominantly orange light with undertones of blue. Bastard colors appear warmer, more neutral, and more natural than pure colors and are used to replicate natural light.

I learned that even thought you can drive a BMW in a blizzard at 110mph

and maintain safe traction with a good set of snow tires, there's no effin'

way in hell your windshield wipers can keep up, therefore the lack of

viability makes it dangerous even on a mostly empty highway.

And I also learned that while interchangeable mechanically a blinker stalk

from a 1992 BMW 525 will be slightly out of intuitive reach if installed on a

1988 BMW 735iL.... it's usable but a bit awkward for the first few miles.

I learned that Pearl Necklace has 2 meanings....

I wasn't at work yesterday and the guys at work asked why i went and traveled to my parents place to celebrate there anniversary. They Asked Me what i got them. I said "I gave my dad a Case of Beer and some special reserve Crown Royal and my mom... I gave my mother a big pearl necklace." They burst out into laughter. I was confused until I was in line at Subway for lunch and i looked it up on urban dictionary on my phone and i busted out laughing like i was physco.

i learned the other day that if you are really hungry its okay to try and pass people in the turning lane that ends in a traffic light pole nearly causing a 4 car pile up because your highschool self with friends are retards. applebee's isnt that good... really.

I continually think optimistically about deadlines and being able to meet them, no sweat, but every time it's the same story...takes me a lot longer than I always think to get things to the point they need to be, and we end up last minute pushing things off a bit again.

Re-developing construction plans for 8 homes, when they already have existed for 2 versions and many custom iterations, for a new V3 community rollout is el-stinko with 1) all AutoCAD and 2) the last person who developed, maintained, and "fixed" the files was a boob who just made more of a mess than he was worth.

However...

On a good note, I did learn last week that you can very pleasantly drive a G8 GT with 19" Summer tires in any conditions, including snow and ice. I worried, slightly, but just take it easy and traction felt no different than any other car/tire I've had on ice...just a lot more balanced in overall, though, which is great. I just wish I never had to subject it to such mess...

Edited by caddycruiser

I've learned that the economy is effecting baseball fans, so Cubs-Cardinals tickets are easy to come by. Even better, I've learned that children 3 and under dont need a ticket, which means I can either save the money I had been planning on spending on tickets for my son, or I can blow that money on tickets to more games than I had planned on.

My curveball still has wicked bite, but my fastball still isn't very fast and doesn't move a whole lot. But its still great to see someone back away from the plate after I throw a pitch that starts off at their head and winds up over the plate...most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Learned that my upper mgmt is still thinking self gratification of short term thinking and NOT what the Board of directors challanged us in thinking long term investments for the long term growth of the company.

Some times I wish they would think a bit harder about the decisions they make.

I learned of a 14000sq ft house for sale that has 42 rooms including 11 bathrooms and 12 bedrooms and something called a 'yoga room'. It's on several acres outside the city and I think I may have to go to an open house just to see this thing for myself.

I don't know whether to laugh or shake my head, K.C.

I learned I may get a free car.

Congrats on the free car!

As for my daughter, she now knows the proper definition of cocky. I did laugh, once it was all over.

I learned today that cheerios is really good with blue agave nectar drizzled on it.