"I don't much care for..."

LosAngeles

There are great church people as well as terrible church people.

Chris

Oh, yes of course. I understand that. I haven't been to Church in about three years, due mainly to working Sunday mornings.

Gosh, the first Easter that I missed Church, I was on my way back to Michigan from Indianapolis with my ex girlfriend Meagan. It was an enlightened drive in some ways.

I don't much care for...

People that always have an excuse for why they can't do something right instead of actually taking responsibility and making an effort.

There are great church people as well as terrible church people.

I just find the evidence for God lacking, and therefore am not theistic.

Chris

Agreed..my skeptical nature and background in math, science and technology make it pretty hard for me to believe in any kind of 'higher power' or theism. I can't really believe in things that can't be proven in a rational, logical manner.

And there is a sort of pedophile thing to it too: the way the characters are portrayed as children and also sexual at the same time.

It just gives me the creeps.

I actually do like several anime shows and the general anime visual style, but the weird near-pedophilia in some of them is indeed creepy.

MMMmmmmm...bbq. I love BBQ whether it's Carolina style. . .

Which Carolina style? There are two (both of which are delicious when prepared properly.)

I don't care much for unrefined accents. Give me a refined New York, Southern, or West Coast accent any day over a screechy hick or nasal northern plains accent.

Leaving the Indianapolis airport after arriving for Thanksgiving, "Whalecome ta India NAPolis!" screeched the woman with no teeth working the parking attendant booth.

I've also learned NEVER to schedule a flight via Minneapolis, as the last time I was there on layover the accent on the PA system annoyed the $h! out of me. Stop swallowing your words people!

Which Carolina style? There are two (both of which are delicious when prepared properly.)

Didn't know that...I know in the West, when I see BBQ referred to as 'Carolina style' it refers to a vinegar and mustard based sauce..

Didn't know that...I know in the West, when I see BBQ referred to as 'Carolina style' it refers to a vinegar and mustard based sauce..

How does Arizona not have good BBQ? The people I meet there seem cut from the same cloth as those in Florida, the Carolinas and/or Texas.

How does Arizona not have good BBQ? The people I meet there seem cut from the same cloth as those in Florida, the Carolinas and/or Texas.

I'm sure it does..it's just harder to find good BBQ in places where it's not indigenous. The best I found in Denver was in small mom & pop places that were run by transplants from the South, Texas, etc. I'll keep exploring, I'm sure I'll find some good stuff here...I recently found a 'Chicago style' BBQ place nearby that is excellent.

Remember how we used to chat about cars here and not just have bitchy/misinformed circle jerks? Yeah, me neither.

Yeah, that was back when we had a really cool mod/admin who did a pretty good job of keeping everything from getting out of control. He went AWOL and now there is a bunch of worthless crap everywhere and the fun people have quit being so much fun. In fact a lot of posters have become insufferable idiots, others already were.

Yeah, that was back when we had a really cool mod/admin who did a pretty good job of keeping everything from getting out of control. He went AWOL and now there is a bunch of worthless crap everywhere and the fun people have quit being so much fun. In fact a lot of posters have become insufferable idiots, others already were.

QFT

... having the transmission in your new car blow itself to smithereens and the dealership tries telling you you took the car off road but fix it under warranty anyway.

Not having a damn thing to do on a cold, clear Saturday morning.

It's a perfect time for a good book, a cat on your lap, and an afternoon break for a monster cheezeburger with bacon.

Chris

It's a perfect time for a good book, a cat on your lap, and an afternoon break for a monster cheezeburger with bacon.

Chris

Yes, or in my case, a 3lb Yorkie on my lap. Nice sunny lazy Saturday here in Phoenix. Got the windows open letting a breeze through, wearing shorts & a t-shirt with a cold Mexican beer now...

I decided spur-of-the-moment to hop down 95 to Baltimore for lunch at City Cafe in the Mt. Vernon neighborhood. Had myself a grilled Mahi samwich. Got the Cobalt up to 110 for a brief time on 95, so it wasn't a wasted day. Spent $1.50/gal for gas.

I dont care for having to go to the store two weeks before Christmas. I just needed a freaking light bulb and some Pepsi and I seriously thought I was going to have to kill someone, so here are the particulars:

--Parking spot stalkers (those assholes who stop and wait for someone to put all their $h! in their car then pull out, while cars line up behind them)

--The idiots who stop to talk to other idiots in the middle of an aisle so nobody can get by

--People who take 2 carts full of crap through the "20 items or less" line

--The woman who told me that I should respect other people's property when I let my shopping cart roll into the side of the Buick. I couldn't resist telling her off.

I dont care for having to go to the store two weeks before Christmas. I just needed a freaking light bulb and some Pepsi and I seriously thought I was going to have to kill someone, so here are the particulars:

--Parking spot stalkers (those assholes who stop and wait for someone to put all their $h! in their car then pull out, while cars line up behind them)

--The idiots who stop to talk to other idiots in the middle of an aisle so nobody can get by

--People who take 2 carts full of crap through the "20 items or less" line

--The woman who told me that I should respect other people's property when I let my shopping cart roll into the side of the Buick. I couldn't resist telling her off.

:yes:

That last one is hilarious.

I decided spur-of-the-moment to hop down 95 to Baltimore for lunch at City Cafe in the Mt. Vernon neighborhood. Had myself a grilled Mahi samwich. Got the Cobalt up to 110 for a brief time on 95, so it wasn't a wasted day. Spent $1.50/gal for gas.

Sometimes a meal by yourself and a car trip is the best way to beat the blues.

BTW, how did the 'balt handle at 110???

Chris

Remember how we used to chat about cars here and not just have bitchy/misinformed circle jerks? Yeah, me neither.

...so be creative and start a car related thread. Hell, even post some pics of the niced white Olds in your sig. I like that as well as anything you've owned. Wouldn't mind owning a car like that myself.

I was sorry to see THAT go overseas.

Actually wouldn't mind a 2 door 4 speed variant of the same car.

Chris

I don't much care for low rolling resistance tires at 110 mph. (Just to keep it on topic. It felt a wee bit squirrely. Nothing that Goodyear and Eibach cannot cure, however.)

66Stang, you comprehend what Satty said about "68Panther", right? He's not our beloved Sixty8Panther. He is one of several ghost characters set up for mirth and mischief, speaking of which, has wpbharry been arrested for indecent exposure? We haven't seen him for a while. Maybe if he's in Oz with Chris Meloni, he'll come out a happier guy.

Edited by ocnblu

Interesting, I've wondered if a few people here were "ghost posters" or "sock puppets" of sorts.

Maybe I'll slide over to the B-59 forum in search of Sylvester...

Chris

I dont much care for... people who can be rude and a total a** sometimes because it can hurt feelings in many ways than one and that you could lose their relationship with you if you do it back to them.

Ouch!....is it a write off....or being fixed....?

Chris

I don't care much for...

...church haters...

...total bible bangers...

...people who think they are more holy than you...

...most extremely liberal people...

...people who don't wait their turn at stop signs...

...people who bash one another for no reason...

...people who pass in the left lane...

...people who don't say Merry Christmas...

more might come...

Edited by gm4life

I don't care much for Christmas shopping, carols, or the whole xmas tree/stockings/lights/decorations etc tradition. I certainly hate stepping foot in shopping malls this time of year.

Maybe if I still worked somewhere with hotter chicks I'd enjoy the XMAS work parties more :-)... Atleast in the past that was the case.

Edited by frogger

I don't much care for (if at all):

Spicy foods of the following types: Thai, Indian, Vietnamese, Ethiopian

:puke:

If it melts the tabletop, and then sets my shoelaces on fire when it eats through the plate...it is hot enough for me.

I just LOVE what you hate.

Chris

I don't care much for...

...church haters...

...total bible bangers...

...people who think they are more holy than you...

...most extremely liberal people...

...people who don't wait their turn at stop signs...

...people who bash one another for no reason...

...people who pass in the left lane...

...people who don't say Merry Christmas...

more might come...

keep it coming, bro...

Chris :iroc-dragster:

If it melts the tabletop, and then sets my shoelaces on fire when it eats through the plate...it is hot enough for me.

I just LOVE what you hate.

Chris

+1. The more immodium I have to take before and after, the more I enjoy it... I've love spicy Indian curries, Thai curries, etc...

+1. The more immodium I have to take before and after, the more I enjoy it... I've love spicy Indian curries, Thai curries, etc...

Moltie, you and I agree on cars and travel but, my God, we take different forks in the road when it comes to food. I almost always got the "racist card" played on me for NOT liking spicy food, which makes NO sense because I love Middle Eastern food.

Response to thread:

Other things I can't stand:

passive-aggressive people...I'm dealing with one such prick at work.

GM4life's post from pg.7 is the best list so far,

I would add:

- American IDLE + any & all dumb, mindless TV.

- People who can not think for themselves

- 99.9% of politicians

Maybe I'll slide over to the B-59 forum in search of Silvester...

Sadly, the REAL me, not "68p", has not posted on there in

months... My two jobs are keeping me busy, esp. UPS, in

fact there's nights where I can not allocate sleep, that

really sux, I'm a waking Zombie. :dizzy: