"I don't much care for..."

LosAngeles

• 1 month later...

Bob Dylan.

I really hate the man. He's just mediocre on one of his good days. Half of his lyrics were pulled of his ass to rhyme with whatever line came next. His guitar playing is simple to the point of being forgettable. And I want to jam his harmonica down his neck sideways.

Could someone explain the appeal of Dylan? Seriously? I don't see anything that would make the man worthy of being an icon. Even his son has more talent than him.

Now Neil Young ... that's a singer/songwiter.

You've raged about Dylan on quite a few occasions. :P

I have a deep rooted hate for the guy to the point where I'll unexpectedly rant about it at will.

I don't care for his fanboys either. I knew a guy from high school who was a big Dylan fan. Still is. Saw him the other day while shopping for some stain/finish for the neck of a relic Strat I'm working on (that's another thing I don't care for; to make nitrocellulose finish, I have to make it from fucking ping-pong balls and acetone and I simply can't buy it in a can), the guy's completely obsessed; wears vests and has a poor Bob Dylan jewfro haircut.

I mean, I understanding having heroes and all, but I don't understand trying to literally become your hero ...

Edited by whiteknight

Bob Dylan.

I really hate the man. He's just mediocre on one of his good days. Half of his lyrics were pulled of his ass to rhyme with whatever line came next. His guitar playing is simple to the point of being forgettable. And I want to jam his harmonica down his neck sideways.

Could someone explain the appeal of Dylan? Seriously? I don't see anything that would make the man worthy of being an icon. Even his son has more talent than him.

Now Neil Young ... that's a singer/songwiter.

You and I could have a very long talk based solely on this post.

• 2 weeks later...

'Express' up/down windows. For me, I usually only open the windows all the way when I'm parked; while driving it's almost never all the way. So with 'express down' windows, I'm forced to watch where the window is, because I have to push down for down, then pull up to stop it. Too touchy, I have to take my eyes off the road. With non-express, you easily learn to time it & never have to look. IMO- 'express' windows are for the lazy.

-- -- -- -- --

Wife's Malibu has TapShift (or whatever Chevy calls it). In a conventional auto, to engine brake all you have to do is shift out of OD. With this, I have to shift to 'M' then paddle down-shift... now it's TWO operations instead of one.

This week I'm having.

Had to file criminal charges against someone (4th degree assault, harassing communications, terroristic threatening) and I fully expect some retarded shit to happen as a result of that, I had a new Flowmaster installed on the Camaro and my exhaust still has this gawd-awful rattle for some reason, I went to hang out at Indian Fort Theater today and some weirdo kept soliciting blow jobs to my friend and I.

Did I cross paths with a black cat while walking under a mirror or something?

This week I'm having.

Had to file criminal charges against someone (4th degree assault, harassing communications, terroristic threatening) and I fully expect some retarded $h! to happen as a result of that, I had a new Flowmaster installed on the Camaro and my exhaust still has this gawd-awful rattle for some reason, I went to hang out at Indian Fort Theater today and some weirdo kept soliciting blow jobs to my friend and I.

You must have slept with a gypsy princess in a previous life...

Just keep pumping away, you'll get there. Better than being a flaccid member.

Things are looking up...

Or as the Fifth Dimension sang back in the seventies...Up, Up and Away...

Another modern car thing I hate : the way the dome lights automatically come on when you pull the ignition key, but haven't opened the door yet. Sometimes you instinctively pull the key... in case you have to make a break for it, yet you don't want to announce your position to others just yet. ;)

Another modern car thing I hate : the way the dome lights automatically come on when you pull the ignition key, but haven't opened the door yet. Sometimes you instinctively pull the key... in case you have to make a break for it, yet you don't want to announce your position to others just yet. ;)

Yeah, that goes for a whole bunch of modern safety features, I hate... such as autolocking doors, neutral safety switches, DRLs that don't turn off, etc. Sometimes you need to get out of a moving car... or move the car on the starter only... or want some stealth.

I also don't like it when you pull on the door handle and the interior light lights up... its like "Hey thieves, look what I have in my back seat for you to steal!"

So, I'll also hate brake override on the accelerator pedal... going to have to hack your car to do a good burnout.

This week I'm having.

Had to file criminal charges against someone (4th degree assault, harassing communications, terroristic threatening) and I fully expect some retarded shit to happen as a result of that, I had a new Flowmaster installed on the Camaro and my exhaust still has this gawd-awful rattle for some reason, I went to hang out at Indian Fort Theater today and some weirdo kept soliciting blow jobs to my friend and I.

Jacket, maybe the rattle is inside the catalytic converter. I hope it's running good otherwise.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...