toesuf94

This will make you sick...Oldsmoboi...do not watch

58 posts in this topic

:yuck:

This was a really nice looking first gen Aurora. Wyzata Nissan...so an American car gets traded on a Japanese car and destroyed...it gets worse;

Look what is beside the 7er - sure to meet the same fate.

I want to do this to everyone who voted for this bill. Absolute bull $h!. Tax dollars at work right here people! :angry:

Edited by toesuf94

That poor Aurora and BMW, I love those. The more I see this program the more I hate it.

I have mixed emotions about this program. It's going to take a lot of crap off the road but some good cars are going to be swept up in it too.

My issue with the deal is this. Which produces more pollution, a 1985 Civic or a 2000 LeSabre? Which of those is eligible under this program?

My issue with the deal is this. Which produces more pollution, a 1985 Civic or a 2000 LeSabre? Which of those is eligible under this program?

+1

For everyone one car like this CFC takes off of an American highway ...

corsica1.jpg

We loose two great cars like the BMW or the Aurora.

There has to be some sort of flaw in the CFC program that could allow someone to save some of these cars.

Well, an Aurora with 240k + miles isn't going to be worth much. It'll get sent to the U-Pick-It yard for Dodgefan to snatch parts so he can turn his Intrepid into the Aurora he's always wanted. Northstars are good engines, but they aren't really longevity engines because they get so expensive to fix.

Yeah, the 3800 II is a ULEV and the 85 civic is not.

That Aurora might still have had plenty of life left in it if someone properly maintained it ...

Well, an Aurora with 240k + miles isn't going to be worth much. It'll get sent to the U-Pick-It yard for Dodgefan to snatch parts so he can turn his Intrepid into the Aurora he's always wanted. Northstars are good engines, but they aren't really longevity engines because they get so expensive to fix.

That would be sacrilege, but I have always wanted to buy an Aurora.

That Olds didn't want to die...kept trying to live...

Interesting that soooo many Jeeps around here are getting traded in. Drove past the Hyndai dealer on my way home from work...8 more cherokee's...Eight of them. Ranging from the original cherokee in the two door body style to an original cherokee with the woodgrain to a Grand Cherokee that looked absolutely utterly brand new.

Also, an Infinity Q45, odd choice for a Hyundai trade but...interesting.

Chris

That would be sacrilege, but I have always wanted to buy an Aurora.

You're right. It would be sacrilege to put those wonderful Aurora parts on an Intrepid, but I wouldn't put it past you. :P

He needs a fleet...An Aurora and an Intrepid would be a sweet pair.

Chris

That is so sad watching that. There are some cars that truly need to be off the road because of their condition. There are cars like these two which do not deserve this fate. I have this odd feeling some will regret this decision later. You are now making payments again and more.

Exactly, 98 Regency.

Since Hyundai is making so many sales, how happy will these people be at 70k miles when their crapbox falls apart and they owe 12k still on a 2k car?

Chris

There are some cars that truly need to be off the road because of their condition.

Almost none of which will be taken on the road by this program. Those people largely cannot afford new vehicles.

The vehicles being destroyed are likely cleaner and/or more efficient than those true "clunkers" out there.

Just how much air pollution is this process making? Great program... :confused0071:

Question: How many years of driving an old pos 80s car around would it take to equal the amount of pollution from MAKING and SHIPPING a new car?

Another valid question, Teh.

This whole thing is window dressing.

As anyone can tell...I am very passionate about this. Why else would I have 25 or 30 posts in the other thread?

However...I think for some people this program will do them a lot of good. Looking over the dealer lots, lots of vehicles in not great shape are getting crushed. Several really cool vehicles are getting crushed, like the 29K original mile 84 Cutlass I wrote about in the other thread.

In real terms, as one of my old room-mates from Alabama once said "we're already screwed" We have lost perhaps a few thousand cars out of the 250,000 or so vehicles they will crush.

The guys that will take this hardest will be the off road guys, as so many Jeeps are being lost. My wife has a relative that got his Jeep in JP magazine. The offroad guys have a whole different outlook on this.

The other hobbyists I feel sorry for are the Circle Track guys and the Engene builders, as so many good V8 cores will be destroyed.

Chris

Horrible to watch those videos.

If it were my job to kill engines, I would quit.

What a double-edged sword this program is. These videos are truly sickening to watch.:(

Question: How many years of driving an old pos 80s car around would it take to equal the amount of pollution from MAKING and SHIPPING a new car?

According to a C&D article from about 8 years ago, even the WORST polluting POS would have to be run, non-stop for 50 years to equal the amount of pollution created by the building and shipping of a new car.

Granted, some of that is hyperbole, but knowing how much effort it takes to bend sheetmetal and the NASTY chemicals left over from the painting and molding processes and the various circuit board creations, it does not surprise me one bit.

I was under the impression the primary goal for the C4C was to save oil, not reduce pollutants.

As anyone can tell...I am very passionate about this. Why else would I have 25 or 30 posts in the other thread?

The other hobbyists I feel sorry for are the Circle Track guys and the Engene builders, as so many good V8 cores will be destroyed.

Chris

You may not have heard tonights' news. So many people in MI. have bought into this program,

THEY HAVE RUN OUT OF SUBSIDY MONEY!

There was "only" 1 Bil released from the 4Bil appropriated --- so the whole program is on a hold.

Dealers are pissed, not getting the money.

I also heard that the engines have to be removed before the crushing, and they can be sold by

the scrap dealer. Guess where that metal is going? ----- CHINA!

:unitedstates:

Edited by rkmdogs

Oh my...I really should not have clicked for the Olds.....that just made me sick.....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room