2006 NAIAS: Buick Enclave Concept

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing I like about the Enclave... This vehicle would not fit in Chevrolet or Cadillac. GM has a special need for vehicles like this. Buick has a purpose.

As for my previous RX comment, I don't foresee the next Toyota Highlander coming close to the Enclave either. Buick is positioning itself more inline with the premium brands. That's undeniably evident.

If 70% of this makes it to production then Buick is headed for an unbelievable makeover and sales success than anyone ever imagined. I wish I owned GM stock right now. Ah-Ha has been saying all along that the interiors of the Lamda's were incredible - he was right. I have high hopes for GM right now. If the outlook has half the interior of this - then Saturn too is in for a huge sales increase.

I guess GM has learned from their mistakes with the Epsilon cars and the STS. They tried to be good - but not the best. It is obvious that GM is now trying to be the best. The Tahoe, Denali, Escalade and now the Enclave prove that GM is on its way to a big comeback. For once the cars they promised are now starting to appear.

It is hard to belive that the Enclave will replace the Terazza and the Rendevouz. Those two vehicles are an absolute joke compared to this.

GM is alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wow, just....wow. This is just awesome. The styling doesn't say "RX competitor" or "similar to an MDX". It says "I'm a Buick, dammit!!!!" There's more style packed into this thing than any Buick since the 1960s. I love it.

I'm still wiping the tears away. It's beautiful. As far as what most have said, DITTO. This is just, beyond words. Everything we've asked for. The HFV6 is making 270HP... thank the Lord. It's everything I was hoping it'd be. It's a must, that the production stays very close to the concept. That's all I have to say. I'll go back to staring at the pics, now.

And as Northstar's new signature says, "WHAT'S A LEXUS??!!!!" REALLY, I MEAN, LEXUS WHO???? RX WHAT?????? THIS SUV, IN THIS FORM, WILL CRUSH THE COMPETITON. PERIOD.

Edited by titan

Absolutely stunning! Ask yourself this: What does the car need? Does the vehicle lack in any area? I cannot think of a single thing! I think GM has an honest-to-goodness, unapologetically competitive-in-every-sense of the word vehicle. This vehicle nails it in virtually every competitive arena:

Exterior styling: while the rear is reminiscent of VW, the front and side profile are unique, with a subdued boldness that is both edgy and classy. It's uniquely American: it's perfect for Buick.

Interior styling & appointments: Have you seen any better--from GM? From anyone? Talk about raising the bar. It's gorgeous!

Technology: 270hp DOHC V6 mated to a 6-speed transmission. Outstanding. Your benchmark here in the near-lux class might be the Lexus RX330; it's current 3.3l develops 223hp and 238ft-lbs of torque. If the RX330 gets Toyota's new DI-3.5l engine, it'll push 268hp. A 3.5l Acura pushes 253hp, and an Infiniti 35FX pushes 280hp-- so Buick's right where it needs to be on this one.

Here's some more info from Autoweek:

DETROIT -- General Motors unveiled a concept version of its Buick Enclave crossover at the Detroit auto show on Sunday, Jan. 8.

The production version is expected to go on sale in 2007, replacing the Rendezvous and Rainier. It is being developed on GM's new Lambda vehicle architecture.

The concept is powered by a 3.6-liter V-6 engine with dual-overhead camshafts and variable valve timing. The 270-hp engine is mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. It features all-wheel drive and four-wheel independent suspension.

Like Buick's new Lucerne, the Enclave has the brand's famous portholes in the front fenders. The concept version has 21-inch tires with seven-spoke wheels and a skylight that extends almost the entire length of the passenger compartment. The concept is a six-seater. The production model will have seven seats.

GM says the Enclave will be on sale within 18 months. A spokesman says the Enclave will compete with the Lexus RX 330 and Acura's MDX. He declined to give a price range for the production model. The RX 330 starts at $38,465 and the MDX at $37,740. Both prices include shipping.

Technology: 270hp DOHC V6 mated to a 6-speed transmission.  Outstanding.  Your benchmark here in the near-lux class might be the Lexus RX330; it's current 3.3l develops 223hp and 238ft-lbs of torque.  If the RX330 gets Toyota's new DI-3.5l engine, it'll push 268hp.  A 3.5l Acura pushes 253hp, and an Infiniti 35FX pushes 280hp-- so Buick's right where it needs to be on this one.

I love this Enclave, in every way. But when it comes out in a year, the FX's V6 will be a 3.7L at around 310HP. The RX's 3.5L will make more than 270HP, but less than the IS's 306HP. The TL makes 270HP right now, but the next one will get a small bump. That said, who cares if the Enclave won't be a HP leader. It's genuinely competitive at 270HP. And that's not where it's supposed to shine, anyway. I'm sure refinement, fit and finish, materials, and quiteness will all be class leading. That's what counts for the Enclave. And let's not forget the new 4.7L V8 coming.

Come to think of it, the Rendezvous can join the Terraza in hell. Ah what the hell, so can the Rainier. Come on, it's a Buicks-that-the-Enclave-make-look-like-garbage party.

:dance:

LOL. Hell, I'm with ya. Both the Rendezous and Rainer can go the way of the Aztek. With the Lacrosse, Lucerne, Enclave, along with the hopefuls (RWD flagship,Velite, Theta+ CUV under the Enclave), Buick's looks really good.

Whoaaaa! holy $h!! WHAT A BEAUTY!

Yes, in certain pics it sort of has the minivan look, but what can you say realy... it sort of has the minivan dimentions.... kind of expected.

It's way more agressive than a minivan though! and the interior styling kinda makes me think Jaguar meets Maybach.... high lux indeed!

With every new picture I see - I am more and more impressed. To think that there will be another engine offered in the future - a 4.7L V8?!!! Buick has the vehicle that will make salesman of the Cadillac SRX run scared. I hope that Cadillac has something planned for the SRX so it can stay a notch up above this awesome vehicle.

Way to go Buick. This kills everything out there from Lexus and Acura. Honestly - the designers over at Toyota and Honda who self righteously think they are the only ones with talent have to be shocked. When you combine the increase quality ratings from Buick with this type of design and packaging - it spells trouble for Lexus and Acura in this segment.

I am once again very proud to be a GM fan.

That's awsome looking! It's what the rendevous should have been all along (vs what it is now). The word "concept" worries me a bit too, hope it stays close to what it is in concept form. The only thing I'm not to giddy on is the use of fake wood again. Seems a lot of it is popping up again (Impala, Enclave, GMT900's)

OMG, a GM car with an elegant and original interior!!! Exterior proportions are a bit goofy, but the big wheels and flashy sheetmetal help. The back is a bit Tribeca, Murano, and Touareg, but it's nice..

dude, there is NOTHING goofy about the exterior. the side view shot shows perfect proportioning. The sculpting of the hood is perfect. the chrome stripe on the bumper, the headlights and grille, and the ventiports, all awesome.

this is one of the best looking crossovers ever.

let's just hope they don't mistranslate the interior.

ah, no brainer to trade the aztek for this. now i don't have to suffer with a minivan. room for 8 and storage AND style.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really liked the Centieme, unlike most people here. The Enclave looks about 80% of the Centieme, so why do people think that the Enclave looks so much better? The only thing I can think of is that the Enclave has better detailing, but overall, it reminds me of a big Hyundai Sante Fe. Still, it's a good piece of work. The interior is impressive. Every new GM interior is getting progressively better in design.

That does have alot of character for a crossover, nice styling. I actually believe that hip is seen on the Lacrosse. Some of the front/hood/header/facia seen on Velite. This is a good direction. Ive been reading and Im wondering what Lexus and Acura have at the auto show for their future, rather than compareing to todays current lineups.

I await the flagship.

This has probably already been answered but Im too tired to read the whole thread. I talked to a GM guy about it and basically it's the wheels and a few other minor things that will change on the production model.

Too bad GM had another horrible press conference for such a nice vehicle. It was like they hadn't even rehersed it. I thought the lady in the red dress was an animatronic...she did look human at all.

It was a real pretty chair. And the bicycle was soooooooo cool.

Well, to all the doubting Thomas's out there, what have I been saying. Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait!

I know it gets old.

But, as you are beginning to see first hand, the waiting is over.

The sleeping giant has awoken publically.

Enjoy as the rest of the best gets rolled out over the next few years.

Wagoner and Lutz were not a sleep at the helm...................

Well.... All I can say is WOW!!!!

If this is a glimpse of what the future at GM holds then I'm almost teary eyed.

GM got this one right! And I mean spot on!!!

Everything is excellent!!!

If America & the media wont embrace this then GM might as well call it quits.

But I am a little scared about that "concept" word.

The G6 was a concept that turned sour for production and the GP G-Force was supposed to be 80-90% production and we see how far that got.

But I think they nailed it this time!

Wow!! GM. I'm proud enough to conquer the world right now!

Here are the colors I made: http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index...?showtopic=4734

The Enclave is a 2008 MY vehicle (very early though), so we probably won't see the final thing until the New York show or maybe even NAIAS 2007.

I'd guess the Outlook will be shown at Chicago or New York. It come out the earliest of the three (early 3rd Q or late 2nd Q I think).

Awesome job Northstar! Now can you do the same with an interior picture? I'd like to see the dark brown part in black, blue(like the Lucernce tuxedo blue), ...what else? Burgandy maybe?

This has probably already been answered but Im too tired to read the whole thread. I talked to a GM guy about it and basically it's the wheels and a few other minor things that will change on the production model.

Awesome news! Did the rep say what else would change? It will have 7 seats instead of 6... but will it keep the roof and DVD screens as optional?

Wheels on the production model will be slightly smaller. I believe it was 20's on the concept and will be 19's on the production.

As someone said, the concept had 21s, but 19s on a production Buick is awesome!

Awesome job Northstar!  Now can you do the same with an interior picture?  I'd like to see the dark brown part in black, blue(like the Lucernce tuxedo blue), ...what else?  Burgandy maybe?

Thanks. I can try to do the interior tomorrow if I have time. Right now I don't have enough time before I'll have to go to bed. I have school and basketball practice tomorrow, so if I have time after that I can do it.

Wow! The LaCrosse was a side step from Regal / Century, the Lucerne was a step forward. This is a leap. If they can keep the quality numbers as good as they've been in the past few years, then Buick could compete with Lexus. Outstanding job Buick design team. I just hope all the dynamics and appointments get journalist excited about it. It is obviously a few years later than Pacifica, but its every bit as cool on the outside and way cooler on the inside. Its also much better looking than Ceniteme.