Which CAR body style would you rather drive?

Which CAR body style would you rather drive - coupe or sedan?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which CAR body style would you rather drive - coupe or sedan?

• Coupe
    • Sedan
    • Other-explain

I was thinking about this again last night while I walked back to my car after picking up some groceries at Safeway. I saw a beautiful silver/black 17 inch alloy 2006-7 Monte Carlo LT. It drove off and I saw some of its good angles.

I thought to myself, had there been a little more "nip and tuck" to the styling update and had there been a 3800 V6 under the hood, I would have bought one...without a doubt. I still like my Buicks very much, but I know how much I like the coupe with bigger doors, buckets, a console and more of a wrap-around driver's environment.

So I say "coupe"...even though I like sedans, though not as much.

Your take?

Well not a Monte Carlo that's for sure. For me, body style depends on the segment and the car. Some sedans look fantastic. Likewise, some coupes are meh. Some wagons are sexy. I do know I wouldn't get a 2-door version of a sedan. It's half assed to me. They have to give it a more unique body, to make it look like it was designed to be a coupe for me to consider it.

Also you should have included wagon and hatch. This is a rather limited poll.

I actually had a base model pre-'06 Monte Carlo in Bronzemist come up beside me in traffic yesterday, het couple in their early 50's I'd guess. They had reasonably-sized aftermarket chrome rims on it, and it looked good gliding through traffic, even covered with salt. They turned off at the local full-service car warsh. Cool.

I voted 2-door with nary a blink.

I've had 4 2drs over the years (one a hatchback), a 4dr sedan, a 2dr SUV, a 4dr SUV, and a 5dr hatchback. I think for a daily driver in a sedan or SUV I lean toward a 4dr for the practicality and ease of ingress/egress (long doors are a pain in tight parking). Never had a wagon per se, but that's pretty much what the SUV bodystyles are like. I plan to always have at least one 2dr around.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Having driven a wide variety, I enjoyed my coupe but, for the moment, I prefer a more well-rounded sense of practicality. With having a van, a four-door hatch and company trucks available, I could always get back into a coupe when the kids get older. While they're in car seats, a coupe just isn't as fun to deal with. With a need for trucks, a wagon wouldn't be of any use for me.

So for now, seeing as vans and trucks don't apply here, it's 4-door hatch / sedan / coupe / wagon / convertible

LOL @ people not following directions... :P

K

I like wagons for function

1 They have all the ease of use that a sedan has

2 They can haul a greater volume

3 They (in full size guise) can swallow a 4x8 sheet of plywood & tow 6000 lbs

4 They handle better than a SUV & get better MPG also plus are lighter

5 can haul 8-9 passengers

6 Look great lowered

7 Haul my canoe on roof & tow my camper

8 They don't wallow around like mini vans

9 They morph into cool panel wagons

10 cost of development is lower than adding a new SUV to the portfolio

K

I like wagons for function

1 They have all the ease of use that a sedan has

2 They can haul a greater volume

3 They (in full size guise) can swallow a 4x8 sheet of plywood & tow 6000 lbs

4 They handle better than a SUV & get better MPG also plus are lighter

5 can haul 8-9 passengers

6 Look great lowered

7 Haul my canoe on roof & tow my camper

8 They don't wallow around like mini vans

9 They morph into cool panel wagons

10 cost of development is lower than adding a new SUV to the portfolio

Agreed 100%

Wagons make sense and look good doing it.

A sedan ranks dead last in my list of preferred bodystyles.

1. Coupe

2. Convertible

3. Sedan

4. Wagon

Like others have said, a car purchase for me is one that elicits emotion - practicality takes a back seat. That's what trucks are for. Nothing compares to the sleek sexy shape that only a 2dr coupe can offer. The 4dr cars being marketed as "4 door coupes" all just seem off to me. A well done hardtop convertible would be nirvana for me.

Depending on the wagon's silhouette, it could flip-flop with the sedan. I'll let out a little secret: I've had a passing fancy or two about getting a Magnum wagon as a bike/Home Depot hauler. :ninja:

I'm sick to death of sedans.

Same here ... but that's what I ended up for a winter beater. At least it is RWD ;).

I voted coupe....

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * my radio show.03/13/10 *

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Are we having fun yet?" ... Nickelback ... 'This Is How You Remind Me'

I'm still a fan of sedans since my first 5 cars have been sedans, but since having my Riviera I would have to say I prefer a coupe. It's just so much more pleasing to the eye, and much easier to get in and out of. Growing up my preference was about 50/50 between a sedan and a coupe, I've never been a fan of hatchbacks or convertibles ( save for a select few ).

I have no preference. The number of doors doesn't usually affect my feelings of the overall shape of the car.

If I were shown a general design for the shape of a car, but it had no cutlines to define the body panels, hood, doors, etc., and it were a shape that I found overall very attractive, I would most likely find it attractive whether it had two or four doors.

We should re-do this poll with a lot more car bodystyles made available. Kammback anyone? Shooting brake?

sounds good icon14.gif

but what could we call one of these?

volvc50.jpg

I'm still a fan of sedans since my first 5 cars have been sedans, but since having my Riviera I would have to say I prefer a coupe. It's just so much more pleasing to the eye, and much easier to get in and out of.

I have the opposite problem w/ 2drs..find them much harder to get in and out of..it seems I rarely have the width to open the door fully. Long doors are a PITA in about 90% of my usual parking circumstances. And it's a pain to put dogs and stuff in the back seat w/ a 2dr.

I have the opposite problem w/ 2drs..find them much harder to get in and out of..it seems I rarely have the width to open the door fully. Long doors are a PITA in about 90% of my usual parking circumstances. And it's a pain to put dogs and stuff in the back seat w/ a 2dr.

That is true when it comes to parking and being able to fully open the doors, that is the downside to a coupe's long doors, I was speaking in terms of when you can actually open the doors however, luckily I rarely use the backseats in my car asides from just tossing stuff over my shoulder into the back.