Sign in to follow this  
Variance

*UPDATED* New Spy Photos: 2007 GMC Sierra

The current 1-ton trucks have relatively small wheels as well, so I ain't skeert. That's gotta be a GMC, and it's not a girly truck like the Yukon. This is gonna be hot!

The rear bumper looks like it's chrome, which gives me hope the front bumper is at least partially chrome as well.

So much for Toyota turning the tables on the Detroit automakers. I'm sure the folks in charge of GM's trucks are going to be very happy people once the New York autoshow comes around because these trucks look massive even from a distance.

Wow, that is a HUGE truck.

I can't tell a whole lot about the styling other than it looks really bold and nothing like the Yukon at all.

You can actually make out the grille in the first pic, and it looks noticeable smaller than the Yukon's grille. That thing looks straight up enormous. Cant wait to see the official pics...

The rear bumper looks like it's chrome, which gives me hope the front bumper is at least partially chrome as well.

I'm hoping for chrome bumpers and mirrors as well. Easier to clean off the bugs and less susceptible to damage...

I think AH-HA said we had to wait until Sept to see them unveiled though.

Don't see a SFA (Dana 60 or 70) in front so I guess we'll have to put up with those car front ends (Junk). It boggles me to see GM build such stellar trucks and put that cheasy IFS in the front end. Its like a 69 Z28 with a straight six.

an IFS can be done well, and heavy duty enough for a full size truck. look at the Humvees we have been using in the war. 4 wheel independant and you can't stop them...

an IFS can be done well, and heavy duty enough for a full size truck. look at the Humvees we have been using in the war. 4 wheel independant and you can't stop them...

Dude, I know IFS can be done well, but the GM full size trucks got smaller front end parts than my freinds wifes Jeep liberty. The HD 3500's should be available with SFA just like Ford and Dodge. I have never had a problem with IFS it works fine on 1/2 tons. I would'nt have anything else in a Z71 off road package.

Find me a case where a GM HD truck had a IFS that either failed or wasn't as capable as a nasty old solid axle front, and I'll agree with you.

Until then, WTF?! :o

Just looking old school and rugged doesn't mean crap, as I hope you know...

Edited by caddycruiser

I don't like duallies.  They look silly and 99.99% of the time they putter around town from WalMart to WalMart nearly empty.

Mark

:withstupid:

I understand some people need them to pull a 5th wheel but, for the majority, it is a penis extender vehicle.

Balthazar, what do you think about the chrome bumpers?

I think a chrome one in the rear should be matched by a chrome one in the front. I like a certain degree of cohesiveness in my vehicle's styling.

How about you, son?

Edited by balthazar

Find me a case where a GM HD truck had a IFS that either failed or wasn't as capable as a nasty old solid axle front, and I'll agree with you.

Until then, WTF?! :o

Just looking old school and rugged doesn't mean crap, as I hope you know...

CaddyCruiser, I mean no disrespect but I have broke the CV and the Tulip joints on my 02 Duramax HD2500 and 03 Duramax HD 2500. My local Chevrolet Dealer promptly repaired both trucks at no charge. But unless you beat trucks like we do in the Construction Industry you won't know of what I speak.

http://www.off-road.com/ford/reviews/offroadunlimited/chevy/

When the GMT 800 Came out GM would no longer offer SFA option on 3500HD's and they lost alot of Goverment sales just like when they quit makin the caprice.

I am all for change for the better but blowin off sales seems kinda stupid to me.

CaddyCruiser, I mean no disrespect but I have broke the CV and the Tulip joints on my 02 Duramax HD2500 and 03 Duramax HD 2500. My local Chevrolet Dealer promptly repaired both trucks at no charge. But unless you beat trucks like we do in the Construction Industry you won't know of what I speak.

That's unfortunate, but who's to say if the new ones won't be improved and not break?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook