*UPDATED* New Spy Photos: 2007 GMC Sierra

Variance

The rear bumper looks like it's chrome, which gives me hope the front bumper is at least partially chrome as well.

I'm hoping for chrome bumpers and mirrors as well. Easier to clean off the bugs and less susceptible to damage...

I think AH-HA said we had to wait until Sept to see them unveiled though.

Don't see a SFA (Dana 60 or 70) in front so I guess we'll have to put up with those car front ends (Junk). It boggles me to see GM build such stellar trucks and put that cheasy IFS in the front end. Its like a 69 Z28 with a straight six.

an IFS can be done well, and heavy duty enough for a full size truck. look at the Humvees we have been using in the war. 4 wheel independant and you can't stop them...

Dude, I know IFS can be done well, but the GM full size trucks got smaller front end parts than my freinds wifes Jeep liberty. The HD 3500's should be available with SFA just like Ford and Dodge. I have never had a problem with IFS it works fine on 1/2 tons. I would'nt have anything else in a Z71 off road package.

Find me a case where a GM HD truck had a IFS that either failed or wasn't as capable as a nasty old solid axle front, and I'll agree with you.

Until then, WTF?! :o

Just looking old school and rugged doesn't mean crap, as I hope you know...

Edited by caddycruiser

I don't like duallies.  They look silly and 99.99% of the time they putter around town from WalMart to WalMart nearly empty.

Mark

:withstupid:

I understand some people need them to pull a 5th wheel but, for the majority, it is a penis extender vehicle.

Balthazar, what do you think about the chrome bumpers?

Find me a case where a GM HD truck had a IFS that either failed or wasn't as capable as a nasty old solid axle front, and I'll agree with you.

Until then, WTF?! :o

Just looking old school and rugged doesn't mean crap, as I hope you know...

CaddyCruiser, I mean no disrespect but I have broke the CV and the Tulip joints on my 02 Duramax HD2500 and 03 Duramax HD 2500. My local Chevrolet Dealer promptly repaired both trucks at no charge. But unless you beat trucks like we do in the Construction Industry you won't know of what I speak.

http://www.off-road.com/ford/reviews/offroadunlimited/chevy/

When the GMT 800 Came out GM would no longer offer SFA option on 3500HD's and they lost alot of Goverment sales just like when they quit makin the caprice.

I am all for change for the better but blowin off sales seems kinda stupid to me.

CaddyCruiser, I mean no disrespect but I have broke the CV and the Tulip joints on my 02 Duramax HD2500 and 03 Duramax HD 2500. My local Chevrolet Dealer promptly repaired both trucks at no charge. But unless you beat trucks like we do in the Construction Industry you won't know of what I speak.

That's unfortunate, but who's to say if the new ones won't be improved and not break?

Looks like those trucks are going to be monsters. I mean damn....they were shooting from long range and its THAT big on the pictures. I'm patiently waiting to see what the new trucks look like because I want to see what the bodies are going to look like since there is supposed to be a definite difference between them and the Suburban, Tahoe and Yukons. And I agree with y'all on the chrome front and rear bumpers, if one is going to be, then the other should likewise be.

Holy crap! That is a huge truck!

Dodge Ram, eat your heart out. :pokeowned:

It definitely looks like a really big truck..

I wonder if GM is going to respond to the Ram Mega Cab with a Mega Crew Cab..take the Crew Cab, stretch it and add the extended cab's rear-opening doors with a 3rd row of seats.. :)

Yeah, driving over curbs at 40mph and off loading docks is hard on the front suspension and drivetrain.. :lol:

Guest YellowJacket894

It definitely looks like a really big truck..

I wonder if GM is going to respond to the Ram Mega Cab with a Mega Crew Cab..take the Crew Cab, stretch it and add the extended cab's rear-opening doors with a 3rd row of seats.. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That idea, moltar, sounds a whole lot like the rumored Mega Cab. I remember reading in Truck Trend/Motor Trend, Popular Mechanics, and a few other places in early-to-mid '05 that suggested the idea was going to be just like that.

Yeah, driving over curbs at 40mph and off loading docks is hard on the front suspension and drivetrain..  :lol:

What the hell are you talkin about? If you drive your truck off loading docks and over parkin blocks at 40mph, We need to party with you man!

Have you ever driven a pickup with a SFA through a field, roughest ride you've ever been on, I'd take one with IFS any day cus we have never had a problem with them.

I have Driven a couple of my old Silverado 30's through a field and you are Correct they DO NOT ride real nice. but the wheel does'nt usually fall off. Thats cool If GM builds the new trucks with chic front ends we'll just keep bolten Dana 60's in them. IFS is junk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully they offer a factory applied spray-in bedliner with it.

Does anyone else see a sunroof in that picture?  Could be camo, but looks like the slide-out on top style liked GM started offering in 2005.

if you ask me the sunroof looks huge...

also this is an extended cab correct?

if you ask me the sunroof looks huge...

also this is an extended cab correct?

Just looks like the same pop-up and slide roof they started using on '05+ models, to me.

And though not "short", it definately isn't large enough of a cab to be a crew cab, especially when compared to older shots.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

The size of that truck is not so uncommon. City-dwellers and urbanites on here tend to overlook the sole (HA! I had 'soul' here first) purpose of these models because they aren't typically seeing them where the majority are sold, in the rural regions.

Fifth-wheel haulers (the massive 'mobile command tents') are just a portion of the utility needs. People still do buy them for hauling three-axle flatbeds, horse trailers, recreational equipment, and of course heavy-duty contractor needs.

I'm used to seeing these HD trucks doing just what they were made for...and when it comes to IFS or a solid front axle, IFS tends to get the nod because its more comfortable ride for highway hauling. Let's face it, the grand majority of those driving a truck with IFS aren't rock-crawling. It certainly has its place for these trucks, considering where they spend most of their time.

Edited by ShadowDog

Umm yea... This was on edmunds a long time ago.. <_<

:stupid: