My Knob Is Blue

Well, I done did it. Again. I took delivery of my 2011 Ford Fiesta SE hatch this evening after work. Tuxedo Black Metallic with black and blue interior, 5 speed manual transmission. A sweet-driving little pup for sure, quiet and solid.

I got a special treat installed, a blue leather-wrapped shift knob from Ford Accessories to match the blue streaks in the upholstery. Sets it off nicely.

I really needed to loosen the strings of some of my debt. The house stays in my possession, so the next most expensive proposition is the truck. I chose to let it go, and I am saving over $2000 per year in payments and insurance alone... plus, I owed over $18k on the truck, I shaved over $5k off my automotive loan debt, then there is gasoline, maintenance, etc.

If anyone is interested, I will clean it up again on Saturday (it rained on the way home tonight) and post some pictures in The Garage and in this thread, taken at Lancaster County Park, the site of the covered bridge I've posted pictures of my last 37 :AH-HA: new vehicles right here at C&G.

And thanks for your patience while I hashed this out in my mind.

Edited by ocnblu

Holds corners like a Trans-Am :). Takes bumps quieter than a mouse, after the truck (which was behaving normally for a truck, except for the squeaky doors of the extended cab, which I was never able to remedy.)

Growing up... I never thought I'd buy a Ford product. But it is the best car available in this country in this class right now, I believe. Let's hope it is as reliable as all of my GM vehicles have been.

Mine seems to ride well. I have the SE, which comes with 15-inch aluminum rims (part of the Sport Appearance pkg) with Hankook Optimo tires. The SES (with the chrome bumper light bezels) comes with 16" aluminum rims, not sure what tires. I wonder if that's the difference.

Awe, you have my disease. It's okay, we keep it interesting.

Nice little ride, color and options especially. The DSG can be weird, so good there. As long as it stays solid, it should be a really fun little money saver with sophisticated feel. Saving money is always grand too.

Congrats on the new ride, ocnblu. I think we need to start betting on who will own more ne vehicles - you or caddycruiser :lol: Please don't start a new thread in 9 months, saying how much you miss your Colorado and want to get another one... make this Fiesta last at least until the new 2013/2014 model is introduced :P

Many Happy fuel efficient Motoring miles to you, my friend!!

• Agree 1

Well I didn't know I have a stalker. Thanks for all that research, James. Should I feel shaken, or stirred? Of course, I'll keep everyone up to speed, and I'll post photos ASAP. Thanks for the well wishes.

I am not happy at all. This morning, I pushed the button on the wall to open the garage door. Simultaneously, I opened the hatch lid to throw my gym bag back there. Suddenly, I heard a horrifying scraping noise and the car rocked a bit. I gingerly pulled down my hatch lid to discover a HORRIBLE scratch on the plastic trim piece that tops the license plate, houses the blue oval, and acts as a handle. The steel bar that you pull on the garage door when the power fails on the opener gouged across it. :( I went to the dealer after work and picked up a bottle of touchup paint. It's touched up now, but if you get close, you can still see it because of the gouge. I am pissed off and heartbroken that I allowed this to happen... at 177 miles.

As far as the Fiesta in general goes, I love driving it. I am pleased with my purchase. Right now, the average MPG is showing 33.7, with all urban driving except for a quick trip to mom's, which involves a stretch at 55 mph for about 6 miles.

I turned on BPM on Sirius tonight on the way home... the Fiesta premium sound system BUMPS very sufficiently for me. I felt like a teenager for about 10 minutes... which called for all windows down, the volume turned up, and a slow trip through the local shopping center parking lot. :lol:

I need to warsh it. Shouldn't take long to wipe it down at my favorite car warsh. I am completely disengaged from the truck, which was like sitting on a park bench, uninvolved. I truly missed driving a manual transmission.

Edited by ocnblu

Shucks. Week or two into my CX-9, snow & ice everywhere, I tapped a co-worker's front Ford license plate backing up in a lot and ended up scraping the cladding of my bumper. Of course, despite how it looks, a part you simply can't replace without the full bumper.

Hopefully your damage fades away with time. Small but aggravating thing for a couple weeks.

Sounds like a fun ride. Trucks are great, then after a time...it's still a truck. As much of a luxo barge as it was, that was my Avalanche issue...still a truck. Refreshing to get back into a car or CUV, in most every way, after.

Snick, snick...shift, shift...zoom. Fun.

I'm liking it a lot. I asked the saleskid if the car has a compass. He said no, but he was wrong-o. There is a compass readout on the radio display screen with the radio on. I'm not gonna lie, there are so many features with Sync, for example, I prolly won't use, and I won't be buying an I-pod for plugging in music. I have figured out the rest of the Euro-centric controls, however. I thought I'd miss a center armrest, but that is not the case. The seats are very supportive. This car is about driving involvement, not lounging about.

Thanks for the positive comments, guys.

Edited by ocnblu

IIRC there's an OEM supplier that made a armrest for the Fiesta should you ever want one. I think the thread is on C&G somewhere.

I require center armrests--both front and back.

I don't need one in the back..I don't ride there, but one in the front is definitely a must have..

IIRC there's an OEM supplier that made a armrest for the Fiesta should you ever want one. I think the thread is on C&G somewhere.

I require center armrests--both front and back.

I don't need one in the back..I don't ride there, but one in the front is definitely a must have..

I don't ride there either, but it's a great, unassuming place to store something away from prying eyes, and I also don't actually enjoy fleecing my friends for $45 to pay for an interior detailing when they spill a slurpee in the back seat (yes, that's my rule: you can eat/drink in my car, but if you make a mess and/or spill, I'm taking it to the most expensive detailer I can find and you're paying for it. It's a fantastic deterrent).

I also don't actually enjoy fleecing my friends for $45 to pay for an interior detailing when they spill a slurpee in the back seat (yes, that's my rule: you can eat/drink in my car, but if you make a mess and/or spill, I'm taking it to the most expensive detailer I can find and you're paying for it. It's a fantastic deterrent).

Rear cupholders take care of that. I really should take my Jeep and get the interior detailed..haven't vacuumed it in over 4 years, lots of dog hair, french fries, coins, etc in the carpet..

Detailing can get expensive and sometimes your better off doing it yourself instead of explaining that you're paying $90 for someone to clean a car that's already perfectly clean except a couple spots of "love byproduct"

Thanks for the over-share, there.

• Agree 1

Detailing can get expensive and sometimes your better off doing it yourself instead of explaining that you're paying $90 for someone to clean a car that's already perfectly clean except a couple spots of "love byproduct"

Thanks for the over-share, there.

We're all adults here, we know that sometimes things happen behind gas stations in West Virginia.

TMI...anyway, back to reality, I think I'm going to spend the coin for a really good primo car wash, hand wax, and interior detailing for my Jeep soon..I've been keeping it up mechanically, but not so much w/ the paint (too much bird poo, cats, etc) and interior.

Well thank ya sir. Today for the first time in I don't know how long, I was itchin' to leave work just to drive.

Cool..haven't had that feeling since I had my M3 and when I drove my Mustang regularly. Most days I'm just itchin' to leave work to go home to sleep or play Farmville, or figure out what's for dinner..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

Boss' wife has been wanting to get rid of her Envoy they bought not too long ago from our dealership. He had some questions about my car last week, and he told me today they were lot hopping over the weekend at different Ford dealers, looking at Fiesta sedans, when a fellow "looker" told them the new Focus is coming shortly. Not sure if she'll wait to see those, take a Fiesta, or something else.

Edited by ocnblu