Random Thoughts Thread

This sled has existed for a while but, today, I saw it on line for the very first time.  I was trying to figure out if Mercedes or Bentley built it for the Chinese president and other VIPs.  Turns out it's made by an expensive niche Chinese auto manufacturer and these cars cost about $ 1 M (US equivalent) each.  It looks more like a butt ugly and expensive cross between an early '60s Rambler and a late '60s Toyota on steroids.

03sino-xi-tmagArticle.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know. I KNOW!!!

Its sad when I have to resort to insulting my great neighbor to the south. 

Not gunna get into politics...but..its mighty hard not hatin' on a certain American political climate going on right about now.

Wrap that up with politicized rhetoric on PPEs and faux freedom talk while the nation goes down the drain in many many....many...many facets in everyday American life...JUST to keep the nation continually divided all for political control and THAT certainly spills over into MY country...and you folk will definitely see a snide side from me.  

Sorry, eh. 

And hence the phoquing red ink downvotes whenever I sees anything that is regarding EVs in a negative way...

NOT that Im into EVs...Well I am...to a degree...

But PHOQUE ALL MIGHTY!!!!   

WE PHOQUING GET IT!!!  

YOU PHOQUING HATE EVs!!! 

GREAT!

NOW GTFO WITH YOUR SHYTE OPINION ON THEM! 

IGNORE THE EV COMMENT AND 

MOVE

THE

PHOQUE

ON!!! 

BECAUSE ITS THAT PHOQUING BRAIN DEAD DIVISIVE SHYTE THAT I CANT STAND ANY LONGER FROM MY NEIGHBORS TO THE SOUTH!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Sounds good!

Balthy's a fun guy, eh?

7 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

NOW GTFO WITH YOUR SHYTE OPINION ON THEM!

This is what I've been tryna say to you but you just.will.not.listen.

And so I have to keep chipping away, my Bullwinkle brotha from anotha mutha.

• Disagree 1

Football fans who love football QB Brady can now have a chance to own his Escalade as he puts the custom ride up for sale.

Seem Sly Stallone is also putting his Becker Escalade up for sale.

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

This is what I've been tryna say to you but you just.will.not.listen.

You dont share why you feel that way. You dont defend your position. 

All you ever do is bitch and then name call.

Therefore, why should I listen to you?

Dont bother answering me back.  I. Just. Dont. Care. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

This sled has existed for a while but, today, I saw it on line for the very first time.  I was trying to figure out if Mercedes or Bentley built it for the Chinese president and other VIPs.  Turns out it's made by an expensive niche Chinese auto manufacturer and these cars cost about $ 1 M (US equivalent) each.  It looks more like a butt ugly and expensive cross between an early '60s Rambler and a late '60s Toyota on steroids.

Looks fitting for any dictator.  Especially one who knows he has the whole nation in his hands.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, David said:

Sly Stallone is also putting his Becker Escalade up for sale.

Money does not buy class.  It's one tacky ride.  Also, I see tattoos showing up by his sleeves.  Many people, including many celebrities, are clueless and should be getting rid of them before age, and what it does to the skin, creeps up on them.

10 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

In typical ocnblu form, my post of the Chinese president's car gets a "confused" vote.  I don't get the confusion.  It's as clear as mud:  the thing is ugly, dated looking, ungainly, and large.

Still better than you sharing an opinion of an EV and him whining and crying about it...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

About Tom Brady and Sly Stallone selling their old news Escalades.  

Probably wanting to make room in their already full of vehicles garage for the new gen Escalade that will be available just around the corner and their current Escalades are just sooooo last year...

24 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Never mind.

No you are right....

Its damn well irritating for his hypocritical bitching about other people's opinions and posts while he wants ONLY his voice heard.  And he wants to do that loud and clear so he will whine and moan ENDLESSLY...

So he crafts a posting style that kinda bullies us...

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

FYI, I gave it a confused look as the auto is confused and does not know what the hell it wants to be. Talk about just one of the weirdest auto's out there. But then what do you expect from a Dictatorship country where freedom of expression is so limited.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

1960 Nash American

1960 Rambler American | Vintage trucks, Classic cars trucks, Classic cars

1961 Toyopet  Crown

Toyota Crown. Корона японской империи. Немного истории 2. — Сообщество «Old  Japan Cars the Best (сообщество о старых японских авто)» на DRIVE2

Seems legit...

What is the confusion other than you trying to be a d1ck?

I honestly have never seen these two cars before, cool to know where the Chinese design came from. Thank you for sharing, confusion cleared up! :) 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, David said:

I honestly have never seen these two cars before, cool to know where the Chinese design came from. Thank you for sharing, confusion cleared up! :) 

That is awfully nice of you trying to defuse the situation and trying to give him some credit.  

1. He knows what a Nash Rambler looks like.   

2. And even though he might not know what a 1960s Toyota might look like, there is always google... 

Naw...he knows how to push buttons.  

He knows how to play the victim card too... 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You guys were on this like flies on sh*t.  I had edited it out quickly.  My God.

Next Monday, August 17, is National Vanilla Custard Day.  If you have a Culver's near you, things with vanilla custard are half off.  Check.  And, raise your custard treat as a "cheers" to Robert DeNiro's birthday.  I think it's on the 17th.  I have a friend, a "paesano,"  with a b-day on the 18th who told me that.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

53 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Let the red ink flow...

Mine's all out, I used it in the EV thread, got another on order, overnight shipping.  Yours must be a 55-gallon drum.  My face was, and remains, dry, too.  Confused as to where you detected tears.  I happen to like the Chinese limo, even if it is a Rolls-Royce along the flanks and a 1950's "Anycar Brougham" in the front and back.  It is nothing if not distinctive.

Cheers&Gears is entertainment for me, I've never taken it so phoquing personal.  Some of you are easy to stir up, it's so fun.

EVs blow donkeys (whoops, sry, not in EV thread!)

:roflmao:

Edited by ocnblu
added roflmao
  • Disagree 3

12 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Cheers&Gears is entertainment for me, I've never taken it so phoquing personal.  Some of you are easy to stir up, it's so fun.

EXACTLY!   

I call you up on it...   You're trolling.  

You HAVE To See This Adorable Seal Pup Photo Shoot

Awe....poor wittle guy is only having fun stirring up shyte...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I happen to like the Chinese limo, even if it is a Rolls-Royce along the flanks and a 1950's "Anycar Brougham" in the front and back.

You could like. NOBODY phoquing told you NOT to like...

The phoquing thing DOES look like a cross between a 1960s Nash and a steroid pumped Toyota from the '60s.

There is NOTHING confusing about that.

But you just like being a d1ck.  You like to stir shyte because it amuzes you.

Figures you never went 'clubbing'.   

Which Im surprised you never did...    1000s of years people have 'clubbed'. Its a way of life.  Survival.  That would be right up your alley.  You know. Status quo.  

PS:    I am on to you...   Your little game, I figured it out...

(Covid or No covid.  Clubbing...  Double meaning..  I got it)  

Problem is you think you are smarter than everybody else.  BIG mistake. NEVER underestimate. NEVER think you are smarter than everybody else in the room...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Which Im surprised you never did...    1000s of years people have 'clubbed'. Its a way of life.  Survival.  That would be right up your alley.  You know. Status quo.  

If everyone went clubbing fer their fud, you would be out of a job.  Plus, it's kind of a mean thing to do.  Better just to wield a club via keyboard.

6 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

You''

what is this straggler right here?

Cut it out, you're making me laugh!

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

If everyone went clubbing fer their fud, you would be out of a job.  Plus, it's kind of a mean thing to do.  Better just to wield a club via keyboard.

The irony of your post...

A keyboard warrior calling out another keyboard warrior after ADMITTING he is a troll...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 1

'clubbing' makes me think of nightclubbing---going to dark, noisy places to drink, dance and listen to unce unce unce/EDM music.    Been a while since I've gone clubbing..

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Mine's all out, I used it in the EV thread, got another on order, overnight shipping.  Yours must be a 55-gallon drum.  My face was, and remains, dry, too.  Confused as to where you detected tears.  I happen to like the Chinese limo, even if it is a Rolls-Royce along the flanks and a 1950's "Anycar Brougham" in the front and back.  It is nothing if not distinctive.

EVs blow donkeys (whoops, sry, not in EV thread!)

:roflmao:

I've never taken it so phoquing personal”

This is from the same person who whined and complained, on this very thread, so much about the mere mention of the word “electric”, the he PERSONALLY demanded an entirely new thread about EVs. Then, in sheer irony of it all, goes to that thread and trolls and complains there as well.

But hey, 

I've never taken it so phoquing personal”

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

i-am-sparta.jpg

Is this some sort of insult?

Are you trying to get me going?

What is the meaning behind that? 

8 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Doesn't look too warlike

Same here.

Is this what you call fun...at my heritage's expense?

Id like to phoquing know!

I mean...you said we all take this shyte too personal.

I mean...what are your TRUE intentions here with this shyte? 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

i-am-sparta.jpg

You mean the Random Thoughts thread?  Sry, was tryna keep it on topic, foo

No you weren’t. Your only gripe was with the subject matter at the time. Others were actually discussing it while you whined like a five year old because it’s supposedly not a random thought. Maybe you should try somewhere else on which to peddle your lies and non-stop whining about any subject matter that does not appeal to you. It would be a welcome change of pace for you “foo”.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Haha 1

Tire diversity, out for scrap  : wide whitewall bias ply, prob from the ‘60s (came w the B-59), snow tire from the ‘70s (from dad’s ‘77 Safari), blackwall bias-belted prob from the 80s (came on my ‘64 Cat in ‘91), and a modern radial from my ‘94 F-150 from the ‘90s or 00’s.

87620AB6-4BF4-45DC-8894-A9BE54F05F64.jpeg

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

What are you on abote now, olds?  You used the term "warrior", so I stuck a Sparta meme in.  THAT'S IT.  The rest of your post... well, it's all Greek to me.

Του μεν κακώς λέγειν συ την εξουσίαν έχεις, του δε μη ακούειν εγώ.

You may have the power to slander, but I have the power not to listen to you.

And yes, it means what it means...literally. 

Im just fed up with the trolling.

51 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

What's it like for you, being inside my brain?  Do you feel like you found a golden ticket?

67349a90aeb599eb1b7c9973d6e377cf--gold-ticket-chocolate-factory.jpg

Going inside your brain is a bit like clearing cobwebs out of a hundred year old attic full of useless things. I, however, don’t need to make that journey. What I presented is based off of your own words and complaints. Call it whatever you want. I call it being a hypocritical whiny little troll. 

• Haha 1

Well I'm on vacation this week.  Ripped out an old, inoperable garbage disposal and put a new kitchen faucet in.  Can't use it because I cannot figure out the plumbing, LOL.  Got a call in to mom's BF, he's a plumber, he'll be here Thursday to fix me up.

My house is a split foyer with the front of the house mounded up.  The front landing is L-shaped, with a planting area between the house and the steps, about 3x4.  I moved 20 landscape blocks (that I put in about 10 years back, replacing the rotted railroad ties that were here when I bought the place) and dug out about half a yard of dirt to get the planting area level with the ground, only to find a giant ball of junk cement and broken bricks beneath the dirt, plus the front of the house and the steps are unfinished under there, and the ugly is now fully visible.  Ugh, cookie-cutter housing developments...

I wonder how much it would cost to have the 3-foot wide concrete steps taken out and replaced with a full-width set of concrete steps, the whole lemf of the landing... hmmm...

Edited by ocnblu