TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

55 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The final styling test model for the newest Chevy Blazer.

50990972_2140924415950486_3441390580834238464_n.jpg

Da Krome!

On 1/21/2019 at 1:04 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

I learned that I need to value each day uniquely....you only have so many. time flies...I am 53...will turn 54 in September. 

Sounds like you've got a couple of kids you're proud of.  That's quite an accomplishment.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2019 at 9:20 AM, Robert Hall said:

Got to get a snow thrower. Shoveling sucks. 

Random association can be a weird thing.  With snow throwers or snow blowers, I reflexively think of one of the best 007 flicks in the series - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (OHMSS) ... and this scene, courtesy of YouTube.  (rated PG +, yikes)

Possibly the best movie in the James Bond collection.  Might have had the best musical score - the cuts without lyrics, that is.  High school and college friends and I used to recite many of the great one liners.  Their lack of political correctness was pretty damn funny.

MOVING ON, Sunday is National Chocolate Cake Day.  Plan accordingly.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Random association can be a weird thing.  With snow throwers or snow blowers, I reflexively think of one of the best 007 flicks in the series - "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (OHMSS) ... and this scene, courtesy of YouTube.  (rated PG +, yikes)

Possibly the best movie in the James Bond collection.  Might have had the best musical score - the cuts without lyrics, that is.  High school and college friends and I used to recite many of the great one liners.  Their lack of political correctness was pretty damn funny.

MOVING ON, Sunday is National Chocolate Cake Day.  Plan accordingly.

Love the 007 Movie, watched it just now.

Yummy Chocolate with wine, but any Chocolate!

See the source image

See the source image

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink2833.html 

• Upvote 2

Haha, amazing little Ford Freestyle on a (Ford designed) off-road test course! 

• Upvote 2

Didn't realize they were using the Freestyle name again...(wasn't that the crossover version of the Five Hundred back in the oughts? )

Just now, Robert Hall said:

Didn't realize they were using the Freestyle name again...(wasn't that the crossover version of the Five Hundred back in the oughts? )

Yup, goes to show that even a tiny car, if set up right, can be capable. 

Interesting....  speaking of India market vehicles, I was reading about the Mahindra Marazzo..was at the Detroit auto show--a FWD BOF crossover for the Indian market, designed in Detroit.   Very unusual. 

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Interesting....  speaking of India market vehicles, I was reading about the Mahindra Marazzo..was at the Detroit auto show--a FWD BOF crossover for the Indian market, designed in Detroit.   Very unusual. 

Mahindra is a pretty big company, I believe.

Whoa, crazy and kinda cool! 

I seem to have warring redneck and nerd automotive tendencies.  :roflmao:

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I seem to have warring redneck and nerd automotive tendencies.  :roflmao:

Not a damn thing at all wrong with that.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Mahindra is a pretty big company, I believe.

Whoa, crazy and kinda cool! 

Like a old, larger Mazda 5.

Simple, but I really like the design.....

• Upvote 1

https://bangshift.com/general-news/drinking-habits-the-four-cylinder-chevrolet-silverado-drinks-more-than-the-v8-in-testing/?fbclid=IwAR3OmZh5Jwg0v39YtfaoKsAwWifrjTMNvt5ERrfoG0oohpI_NsIXewM817c

SOOOOO... the 5.3 betters the 2.7, and the SIX POINT TWO equals it, for fuel mileage?  Just goes to prove that the Chevrolet smallblock is the PERFECT engine to power these trucks.  Nothing comes close!  Yuge waste of engineering dollars, the 2.7, imho.

• Upvote 1

I was going to wait until I ordered and consumed some chocolate cake today.  In the midst of Sunday shopping, I made some time to do just that and have a cup of coffee with it.

IMG_4734.JPG.6043cd307d760f80633c01d1bf2d1462.JPG

I'm hoping a slice of chocolate truffle pie counts.  Delicious!

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:57 PM, dfelt said:

Love the 007 Movie, watched it just now.

One of the highlights of that movie was the Irma Bunt character.  Not in a good way, but still a highlight of that movie … a most unique villain(ess) within the 007 series of films.  My friends and I had a field day with her.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

I was going to wait until I ordered and consumed some chocolate cake today.  In the midst of Sunday shopping, I made some time to do just that and have a cup of coffee with it.

IMG_4734.JPG.6043cd307d760f80633c01d1bf2d1462.JPG

I'm hoping a slice of chocolate truffle pie counts.  Delicious!

One of the highlights of that movie was the Irma Bunt character.  Not in a good way, but still a highlight of that movie … a most unique villain(ess) within the 007 series of films.  My friends and I had a field day with her.

Homemade apple pie and 2 huge tablespoons full of Nutella (yes, just Nutella on that spoon) for me for dessert just now! 

And there are several Bond girls that my friends and I would like to have a field day with.  More like a roll in the hay rather than a field day...

But yeah!  Bond girls...

Image result for really nice cousin eddie gif

• Haha 1

A lot of ppl say the CUV is the blandest vehicle genre ever in the history of the world.  What is the blandest CUV on the market right now, in you guys' opinion?  I think it's the Chevy Trax, if measured on style alone.  Mechanically, it seems competitive in the class.

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

Homemade apple pie and 2 huge tablespoons full of Nutella (yes, just Nutella on that spoon) for me for dessert just now! 

And there are several Bond girls that my friends and I would like to have a field day with.  More like a roll in the hay rather than a field day...

But yeah!  Bond girls...

Image result for really nice cousin eddie gif

Irma Bunt does not really qualify as a Bond girl.  LOL.  She portrayed (Telly Savalas's) Blofeld's henchwoman in this flick.  She was very Germanic and sort of scary .... on various levels.  

We had a field day with her accent and her lines.

Ah, yes.  Nutella.  I was raised on it.  When you're a kid and you can eat just about anything without putting on a pound. Sometimes just slathered onto those round Kaiser type rolls you'd get at an Italian bakery. 

13 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Irma Bunt does not really qualify as a Bond girl.  LOL.  She portrayed (Telly Savalas's) Blofeld's henchwoman in this flick.  She was very Germanic and sort of scary .... on various levels.  

We had a field day with her accent and her lines.

Ah, yes.  Nutella.  I was raised on it.  When you're a kid and you can eat just about anything without putting on a pound. Sometimes just slathered onto those round Kaiser type rolls you'd get at an Italian bakery. 

Or Nutella on a fresh hot loaf of french bread. Melting OMGoodness! :P 

14 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

A lot of ppl say the CUV is the blandest vehicle genre ever in the history of the world.  What is the blandest CUV on the market right now, in you guys' opinion?  I think it's the Chevy Trax, if measured on style alone.  Mechanically, it seems competitive in the class.

I see your 2018 trax and raise you a generic ugly 2018 CR-V

See the source image

See the source image

Course these all fall into the same category too.

See the source image

• Upvote 1

Unless your talking Trax to HR-V Still Honda Generic ugly.

See the source image

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook