• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

William Maley

Chevrolet News:Chevrolet Considers Trim and Features Changes for Camaro

The sixth-generation Chevrolet Camaro has been lagging somewhat in sales when compared to the likes of the Ford Mustang and Dodge Challenger. Through July, Chevrolet only has moved 41,280 Camaros (down 2.5 percent). Compared to the Mustang which sold 50,814 (down 30 percent). The Challenger trails the Camaro but not by much - 41,243 units (up 2.6 percent). It gets worse when you compare it to last-generation Camaro. In 2015, the last year for the fifth-generation model, Chevrolet moved 77,502 models. A year later when the sixth-generation arrived, sales dropped to 72,705 models. 

To try and change the Camaro's fortunes, General Motors is considering making some changes to the lineup. Some of those changes will focus on the base and V8 models.

"I think we've got opportunities at the very low end of the Camaro range and some remix of some of the V-8 options on it so we don't force people to buy all the options with a V-8, just to get a V-8," said GM product chief Mark Reuss.

Reuss wouldn't go into detail about the possible changes or when we could see them.

Bringing down the price of the V8 is a great start. The 2018 Camaro with the V8 begins at $37,995 which is $4,800 more the Mustang V8 and $5,000 more than the Challenger. We could see a base V8 with smaller wheels, skip the infotainment system and have a radio, and other changes.

We hope Chevrolet is planning to make changes very soon as Ford's refreshed Mustang is just around the corner.

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

View full article

• Upvote 1

Have a stripped tin can with a big fat V8 would stimulate sales as people who want a Camaro with V8 but nothing else will buy. 

The good ol days of a sleeper with power.

I've said time and time again, and I'll say it here-

The answer has been right in front of them ALL ALONG- PUT A 5.3 IN THE DAMN THING!!!

Not only would the lower price point and additional trim see additional sales, it would still away sales from the Mustang for people who want a more 'authentic' muscle/pony car feel at a given price point. 

A manual 1LS V6 Camaro Coupe w/ no other options rings up $28,395 after Dest. I bet the 5.3 costs them LESS to build. Even if cost the same, let's say they put a 2 grand premium on a 5.3 car with the same options. Put a proper- but not fancy E-thingy- LSD out back, slightly upgraded brakes, and summer tires on 18-19 wheels. That car priced at $30,500-31,000 would sell like gang busters.

The new Camaro is great, but in the effort to make it more refined, and faster, and more capable, they've made the car expensive, and eroded some of the car's original ethos and philosophy.

I looked at the new SS before buying my GTI. The 2SS is simply too much money. The 1SS still has more than I need without having the stuff I want. If I can't get the A/C seats and all the other goodies for an attractive price, I'd gladly give up a little power and outright performance to get a cheaper, but still V8-powered car. There is NO way I'm alone in that. 

• Like 1

I feel like a lot of brands price the V8 or sport model high because they know enthusiasts will pay extra for it.  And at the same time it helps their CAFE by putting a big up charge on a V8 so it drives sales to the smaller engine.

It would be nice to be able to get a V8 without getting a lot of option packages but re-Shuffling the options will not create more sales.  If they want sales increase they should offer all wheel drive.

• Downvote 1

Frisky is right on!  Make a true RS model with the 5.3L V8/6 speed manual and the basic amenities all at the great price of $30k!

59 minutes ago, regfootball said:

leg room and head room, if they can't add that then whatever else they do has limited benefit.

That is true too, it is a hard car to get in and our of and see out of. 

SO are all the exotics and sports cars. Buyers in these classes wear that as a badge of honor.

Camaro moving 80K/year is incredible to me. Not that tweaks / option juggling isn't always a good thing to reassess, but that's very healthy 'play thing' numbers.

5 hours ago, frogger said:

Ford isn't sleeping on the Mustang either, bunch of updates coming for 2018, competition is good.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32298/2018-ford-mustang/

Too bad they made the front end uglier. Otherwise, nice updates. 

3 hours ago, smk4565 said:

I feel like a lot of brands price the V8 or sport model high because they know enthusiasts will pay extra for it.  And at the same time it helps their CAFE by putting a big up charge on a V8 so it drives sales to the smaller engine.

It would be nice to be able to get a V8 without getting a lot of option packages but re-Shuffling the options will not create more sales.  If they want sales increase they should offer all wheel drive.

Lowering the end price via option changes will absolutely increase sales. Not sure where you get such silliness from. 

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

SO are all the exotics and sports cars. Buyers in these classes wear that as a badge of honor.

Camaro moving 80K/year is incredible to me. Not that tweaks / option juggling isn't always a good thing to reassess, but that's very healthy 'play thing' numbers.

because its completely impossible to create a sporty coupe that has headroom

fl0115-204053_2.jpg

Drop the price on the base as well....

Offer stuff they can add to make it their own.....let' get a new generation in these...

Price drops elsewear are wise too......

They don't seem to interested in dropping the price because they want to move it up market.  It used to be a loaded Camaro was about the same price as a loaded Impala (or Lumina) in the 90s 4th Gen, and the base models were about the same too.  They are going more for a higher price, higher margin plan now it seems, not a volume play like FCA sort of goes for with their discounts.

The Charger/Challenger have all wheel drive though, and the CTS has it, it would be so easy to add AWD to a Camaro V6 for the snow belt states, then you find some more sales.  The Supra is coming, if they price it like the Camaro and Mustang it could shake up this segment a bit.

• Downvote 1

18 hours ago, regfootball said:

because its completely impossible to create a sporty coupe that has headroom

[picture of 1968 Camaro]

'68 Camaro headroom : 37"
'17 Camaro headroom : 38.5"

:o

I am on board with a Camaro with LS trim, V8, six speed manual, and LSD. 

How I have ALWAYS felt about the alpha Camaro is what Bob Lutz said on August the 4rth, 2017 on RoadandTrack.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a11471024/bob-lutz-on-why-the-new-ford-mustang-beats-the-camaro/

Dear Bob,

The new Camaro has been outsold by the Mustang almost every month. What’s holding it back?

David Freedman, Detroit, Michigan

The minute I saw the new Mustang and the new Camaro, I knew Ford had won this round. The Mustang is a design masterpiece: sleek, semi-European, yet still a Mustang. Independent rear suspension or not, it is a winner. The Camaro, an even better car, sinks into quasi-irrelevance. You can’t tell it from the previous one. “The same as before, only smaller” has never been a winning formula in a fashion-conscious segment. The current Camaro, although fabulous, missed the mark.

And to boot, I quickly fell out of love with the Zeta Camaro shortly thereafter when the 3rd Transformers movie came out...so sometime in 2011.

Yes...not long after the Camaro went on sale. I was deeply,  madly in love when it hit the streets. We had several lustful encounters together

anigif_sub-buzz-8512-1494453851-1.gif?do

but the attraction was short lived.

giphy.gif

To get my attention...it seemed like every other month there was another Transformers Camaro reference...and it scared to shyte out of me...

It felt kinda like this

e7doQA.gif

Then the Alpha Camaro came out...and it felt as if Chevy was purposely trying to kill me!

QO2xetQ.gif

Edited by oldshurst442

The Gen 6 Camaro does look too similar to the Gen 5 Camaro.  And I think the current Mustang is the best looking Piny car of the past 10 years or so.   I like the Mustang's interior more than the Camaro's also.  Huge missed opportunity by Ford not to offer an Ecoboost V6 in the Mustang, and I don't know why Ford hasn't made an Ecoboost V8 yet.

The 6th gen Camaro has side windows even smaller than the 5th gen, I think..the chopped top look is so impractical...and the grille is oversized and juvenile--looks like it is a large fish trying to swallow smaller fish..painfully ugly plastic cheese front end, as bad as the predator shit from Lexus, IMO..

The Camaro may be a great performer, but the styling is dreadful, IMO. 

2017-camaro-zl1-gal-ext-03.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

The 6th gen Camaro has side windows even smaller than the 5th gen, I think..the chopped top look is so impractical...and the grille is oversized and juvenile--looks like it is a large fish trying to swallow smaller fish..painfully ugly plastic cheese front end, as bad as the predator shit from Lexus, IMO..

The Camaro may be a great performer, but the styling is dreadful, IMO. 

2017-camaro-zl1-gal-ext-03.jpg

Big Mouth Billy Bass! 

I agree the chopped top narrow windows, just does not do it for me.

• Upvote 1

i like the styling, but at some point the compromises to me are such that you could get something almost as nice styling wise with better visibility and less claustrophobia.

i think chevy thought because of interest in bimmer coupes 1, 2, and 3 and the buzz around the code red concept, that people were moving to smaller cars.  Well the truth there is Camaro's can handle like BMW's but will never be considered as fashion accesories as such.  the other is that evil CAFE forcing all the room and space out of the cars to squeeze out the extra one or two mpg.

GM as a whole has been terrible on pricing lately. They just aren't competitive on price.  The Traverse is a fine piece, but families shop on cost. Dip your toe just slightly out of the base model and the price shoots up drastically.  Just adding leather forces you into the LT at $42k. Ford gets you there for $38k in an Explorer. Hyundai for $35k, Honda for $36k. I see Acadias over $40k with cloth seats.  

That said, GM will really punish you if you want more power, when it's even available.  A 2.0T in a Malibu forces you into an option package priced at $31k.  At Ford, the 2.0T is a $1,750 option on the SE model. You can already see above about the Camaro.  Want an Envision with the 2.0T instead of the dog 2.5? Base price jumps from $34k to $43k. How about a nice CTS with a 3.6 instead of a 2.0T? That'll be an extra $8k please. $9,400 if you try the same jump in an ATS. 

Now a lot of those jumps involve multiple trim level climbs, forcing you into high option vehicles just to get a higher powered engine.  I realize that poverty spec trims shouldn't have the higher power engine available, but being forced to jump from the base model to the Premium Luxury trim just to get a V6 is asinine. 

• Upvote 2

Them there supercomputers ought to be able to run an assembly line a la carte, like the old days.  Option packages are nothing but extortion.  I should be able to order what I want.  There is a balance between higher profits and higher unit sales.

Edited by ocnblu
  • Upvote 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Guys, the Blazer is coming back!
      Hooray!
      Its going to be a crossover that slots between the Equinox and Traverse.
      *Blank looks from the crowd*
      I'm sure there are some that were hoping that the Blazer nameplate would return on something similar to body-on-frame Trailblazer/Blazer sold in various parts of the world. But if you have been keeping a close eye on Cheers & Gears for the past year or so, then you would know Chevrolet has been working on a crossover to fill in the white space between the Equinox and Traverse possibly named Blazer. Tonight in Atlanta, Chevrolet pulled the curtain back on their new midsize crossover.
      The Blazer looks to be a mashup of Camaro and the Nissan Murano crossover. There is a large grille, slim HID headlights, a rising window line that leads to a blacked-out d-pillar, and a sharply raked tailgate. Like the Traverse, the Blazer will have a RS model complete with blacked-out trim and 20-inch wheels. We find the Blazer RS to be a bit too much.
      Inside, Chevrolet's designers appeared to have lifted the dash from the Camaro and dropped it in the Blazer. While stylish and driver-centric, it does also introduce some usability issues - see the small and crowded row of buttons for the climate control system as an example. The Blazer will debut Chevrolet's first Cargo Management System that uses rail system and cargo fence to split up the cargo area help secure cargo. All Blazers will get an 8-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, wireless charging, six USB ports, and 4G LTE connectivity.
      Powertrains mirrors what you'll find on the GMC Acadia. This means a 2.5L four-cylinder with 193 horsepower and 188 pound-feet of torque, and a optional 3.6L V6 offering up 305 hp and 269 pound-feet. Both engines come with a stop-start system and a nine-speed automatic. Standard on all models is Traction Select that allows the driver to make adjustments to the vehicle's driving mode to account for different conditions. On all-wheel drive models, Traction Select can disconnect the rear axle when AWD capability is not needed. RS and Premier get a more sophisticated twin-clutch AWD system.
      Chevrolet says the Blazer will arrive at dealers in early 2019.
      Source: Chevrolet

Bold Design Defines 2019 Chevrolet Blazer
      Attention-grabbing midsize SUV offers style and versatility ATLANTA — Chevrolet is raising the bar on crossover design with the introduction of the 2019 Blazer as the newest member of the industry’s broadest, freshest crossover and SUV lineup since 2015. The all-new contemporary midsize SUV is rooted in attention-grabbing design with seamlessly integrated customer-focused technologies and superb functionality.
      “Chevrolet has been at the forefront of each of the major automotive industry trends by anticipating consumer demand and delivering innovative products like Bolt EV, Colorado and Trax,” said Alan Batey, president of GM North America and head of Global Chevrolet. “The introduction of the all-new Blazer builds on that momentum and further strengthens the most comprehensive lineup of crossovers and SUVs on the market today.”
      Slotting between the Equinox and Traverse, the 2019 Blazer will offer unique design elements on each model, appealing to customers seeking distinctive styling and outstanding utility.
      Highlights include:
      Bold styling that features a strong grille and muscular proportions. Driver-centric interior and distinctive looks on all models. Model range includes sporty RS and up-level Premier models. Five-passenger seating with up to 64.2 cubic feet (1,818 L) of max cargo space with second-row seats folded flat. Adjustable sliding rear seat. Available Chevy-first cargo management system with a rail system and cargo fence. Available panoramic dual-pane power sunroof. Suite of available active safety features. Standard 2.5L I-4 and available 3.6L V-6 engines, each backed by a nine-speed automatic transmission. Advanced twin-clutch AWD system available. 4,500 pounds (2,041 kg) estimated max trailering with the available 3.6L V-61. Available Hitch View feature that helps the driver align the hitch with the trailer. An SUV With Attitude
      The 2019 Blazer is the boldest, most progressive expression of the Chevrolet crossover design theme. A wide stance, tight proportions, a high beltline and dramatic sculpting give it a toned, athletic appearance from all angles.
      “The Blazer has attitude,” said John Cafaro, executive director, Global Chevrolet Design. “It looks commanding on the road, while fulfilling the promise of versatility at the heart of every Chevy crossover and SUV.” 
      Each model in the lineup offers a unique look with distinct styling to suit different customers’ tastes, including unique grille appearances, additional bright chrome on the Premier trim and a more sinister-looking, blacked-out appearance for the Blazer RS.
      A powerful front end featuring a strong grille, athletic hood lines and low-placed HID headlamps distinguishes all models. The design also features a distinctive lighting execution that separates the headlamps and LED daytime running lamps.
      Long, lean and sculpted body sides lead to a rear end highlighted by LED-illuminated Chevy-signature dual-element taillamps, dual exhaust outlets and an integrated tailgate spoiler. The Blazer also offers a range of stylish wheels, starting with standard 18-inch aluminum rims and expanding to available 21-inch wheels on the RS and Premier.
      The Blazer’s cabin echoes the bold exterior theme with sporty good looks. The design emphasizes space, craftsmanship and customer personalization, with a wide range of interior styling choices for the different models, achieved through several color and trim choices. Sporty details include a padded knee area, round air vents and grab handles on the doors.
      The new Blazer also offers a Chevrolet-first Cargo Management System, standard on RS and Premier models. It features a rail system and cargo fence to help secure smaller items by dividing the cargo area.
      Seamless Technology and Connectivity
      The 2019 Blazer is designed to offer occupants seamless connectivity, intuitive controls and a host of convenience features that help make the drive more comfortable.
      Features include:
      Hitch Guidance — Available on models with the 3.6L engine, it aids in aligning the Blazer’s hitch to a trailer by showing the center line on the rear-vision camera. Hitch View — This available feature complements Hitch Guidance by showing a top-down view, making it easier to hitch a trailer without a second person to assist. Electronic-locking glove box — A Chevy first, it offers added storage security, and is roomy enough to fit a small handbag. The glove box is locked with the vehicle’s Valet Mode, which is accessible through the Settings menu. Automatic heated steering wheel and automatic heated/ventilated front seats — These available features work with Remote Start and/or automatic climate control to automatically adjust temperature to help maintain comfort. Comfort-open windows — Activated by the key fob, this feature allows all windows to roll down to help heat escape before occupants enter the vehicle. Heated outboard rear seats are available on RS and standard on Premier. Adaptive Cruise Control and Rear Camera Mirror are available on RS and Premier2. Hands-free power liftgate with Bowtie logo projection is standard on RS and Premier. Wireless charging and six USB ports are available. When it comes to connectivity, an 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen running Chevrolet Infotainment 3 is standard, along with 4G LTE Wi-Fi (with 1-month/3GB data trial)3 and Apple CarPlay4 and Android Auto5 compatibility. Performance and Capability
      The new Blazer is powered by a standard 2.5L I-4 engine rated at 193 hp (143 kW) and 188 lb-ft of torque (255 Nm). A 3.6L V-6 is also available, offering 305 hp (227 kW) and 269 lb-ft of torque (365 Nm).
      Both direct-injected engines feature intelligent stop/start technology that seamlessly shuts off the engine when power is not needed, based on a variety of driving factors, and both are paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
      “The Chevrolet Blazer is more than just good looks,” said Waqar Hashim, Blazer chief engineer. “Both the Ecotec® 2.5L four-cylinder engine and 3.6L V-6 engine are paired to Chevrolet’s nine-speed automatic transmission, providing drivers a great balance between performance and efficiency.”
      Traction Select is standard on all models and allows the driver to make real-time adjustments to the vehicle’s driving mode to account for varying road conditions. On AWD models, it also allows the system to be completely disconnected from the rear axle, meaning drivers can opt to have their vehicle operate in FWD when AWD capability is not necessary.
      RS and Premier models offer a more sophisticated twin-clutch AWD technology that helps optimize traction for every condition. It provides excellent performance in wet, snowy and icy conditions, while also providing enhanced stability in dry weather.
      Available Early 2019
      The Chevrolet Blazer will arrive at U.S. dealerships in early 2019. Additional details and pricing will be announced closer to the start of production.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Guys, the Blazer is coming back!
      Hooray!
      Its going to be a crossover that slots between the Equinox and Traverse.
      *Blank looks from the crowd*
      I'm sure there are some that were hoping that the Blazer nameplate would return on something similar to body-on-frame Trailblazer/Blazer sold in various parts of the world. But if you have been keeping a close eye on Cheers & Gears for the past year or so, then you would know Chevrolet has been working on a crossover to fill in the white space between the Equinox and Traverse possibly named Blazer. Tonight in Atlanta, Chevrolet pulled the curtain back on their new midsize crossover.
      The Blazer looks to be a mashup of Camaro and the Nissan Murano crossover. There is a large grille, slim HID headlights, a rising window line that leads to a blacked-out d-pillar, and a sharply raked tailgate. Like the Traverse, the Blazer will have a RS model complete with blacked-out trim and 20-inch wheels. We find the Blazer RS to be a bit too much.
      Inside, Chevrolet's designers appeared to have lifted the dash from the Camaro and dropped it in the Blazer. While stylish and driver-centric, it does also introduce some usability issues - see the small and crowded row of buttons for the climate control system as an example. The Blazer will debut Chevrolet's first Cargo Management System that uses rail system and cargo fence to split up the cargo area help secure cargo. All Blazers will get an 8-inch infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, wireless charging, six USB ports, and 4G LTE connectivity.
      Powertrains mirrors what you'll find on the GMC Acadia. This means a 2.5L four-cylinder with 193 horsepower and 188 pound-feet of torque, and a optional 3.6L V6 offering up 305 hp and 269 pound-feet. Both engines come with a stop-start system and a nine-speed automatic. Standard on all models is Traction Select that allows the driver to make adjustments to the vehicle's driving mode to account for different conditions. On all-wheel drive models, Traction Select can disconnect the rear axle when AWD capability is not needed. RS and Premier get a more sophisticated twin-clutch AWD system.
      Chevrolet says the Blazer will arrive at dealers in early 2019.
      Source: Chevrolet

Bold Design Defines 2019 Chevrolet Blazer
      Attention-grabbing midsize SUV offers style and versatility ATLANTA — Chevrolet is raising the bar on crossover design with the introduction of the 2019 Blazer as the newest member of the industry’s broadest, freshest crossover and SUV lineup since 2015. The all-new contemporary midsize SUV is rooted in attention-grabbing design with seamlessly integrated customer-focused technologies and superb functionality.
      “Chevrolet has been at the forefront of each of the major automotive industry trends by anticipating consumer demand and delivering innovative products like Bolt EV, Colorado and Trax,” said Alan Batey, president of GM North America and head of Global Chevrolet. “The introduction of the all-new Blazer builds on that momentum and further strengthens the most comprehensive lineup of crossovers and SUVs on the market today.”
      Slotting between the Equinox and Traverse, the 2019 Blazer will offer unique design elements on each model, appealing to customers seeking distinctive styling and outstanding utility.
      Highlights include:
      Bold styling that features a strong grille and muscular proportions. Driver-centric interior and distinctive looks on all models. Model range includes sporty RS and up-level Premier models. Five-passenger seating with up to 64.2 cubic feet (1,818 L) of max cargo space with second-row seats folded flat. Adjustable sliding rear seat. Available Chevy-first cargo management system with a rail system and cargo fence. Available panoramic dual-pane power sunroof. Suite of available active safety features. Standard 2.5L I-4 and available 3.6L V-6 engines, each backed by a nine-speed automatic transmission. Advanced twin-clutch AWD system available. 4,500 pounds (2,041 kg) estimated max trailering with the available 3.6L V-61. Available Hitch View feature that helps the driver align the hitch with the trailer. An SUV With Attitude
      The 2019 Blazer is the boldest, most progressive expression of the Chevrolet crossover design theme. A wide stance, tight proportions, a high beltline and dramatic sculpting give it a toned, athletic appearance from all angles.
      “The Blazer has attitude,” said John Cafaro, executive director, Global Chevrolet Design. “It looks commanding on the road, while fulfilling the promise of versatility at the heart of every Chevy crossover and SUV.” 
      Each model in the lineup offers a unique look with distinct styling to suit different customers’ tastes, including unique grille appearances, additional bright chrome on the Premier trim and a more sinister-looking, blacked-out appearance for the Blazer RS.
      A powerful front end featuring a strong grille, athletic hood lines and low-placed HID headlamps distinguishes all models. The design also features a distinctive lighting execution that separates the headlamps and LED daytime running lamps.
      Long, lean and sculpted body sides lead to a rear end highlighted by LED-illuminated Chevy-signature dual-element taillamps, dual exhaust outlets and an integrated tailgate spoiler. The Blazer also offers a range of stylish wheels, starting with standard 18-inch aluminum rims and expanding to available 21-inch wheels on the RS and Premier.
      The Blazer’s cabin echoes the bold exterior theme with sporty good looks. The design emphasizes space, craftsmanship and customer personalization, with a wide range of interior styling choices for the different models, achieved through several color and trim choices. Sporty details include a padded knee area, round air vents and grab handles on the doors.
      The new Blazer also offers a Chevrolet-first Cargo Management System, standard on RS and Premier models. It features a rail system and cargo fence to help secure smaller items by dividing the cargo area.
      Seamless Technology and Connectivity
      The 2019 Blazer is designed to offer occupants seamless connectivity, intuitive controls and a host of convenience features that help make the drive more comfortable.
      Features include:
      Hitch Guidance — Available on models with the 3.6L engine, it aids in aligning the Blazer’s hitch to a trailer by showing the center line on the rear-vision camera. Hitch View — This available feature complements Hitch Guidance by showing a top-down view, making it easier to hitch a trailer without a second person to assist. Electronic-locking glove box — A Chevy first, it offers added storage security, and is roomy enough to fit a small handbag. The glove box is locked with the vehicle’s Valet Mode, which is accessible through the Settings menu. Automatic heated steering wheel and automatic heated/ventilated front seats — These available features work with Remote Start and/or automatic climate control to automatically adjust temperature to help maintain comfort. Comfort-open windows — Activated by the key fob, this feature allows all windows to roll down to help heat escape before occupants enter the vehicle. Heated outboard rear seats are available on RS and standard on Premier. Adaptive Cruise Control and Rear Camera Mirror are available on RS and Premier2. Hands-free power liftgate with Bowtie logo projection is standard on RS and Premier. Wireless charging and six USB ports are available. When it comes to connectivity, an 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen running Chevrolet Infotainment 3 is standard, along with 4G LTE Wi-Fi (with 1-month/3GB data trial)3 and Apple CarPlay4 and Android Auto5 compatibility. Performance and Capability
      The new Blazer is powered by a standard 2.5L I-4 engine rated at 193 hp (143 kW) and 188 lb-ft of torque (255 Nm). A 3.6L V-6 is also available, offering 305 hp (227 kW) and 269 lb-ft of torque (365 Nm).
      Both direct-injected engines feature intelligent stop/start technology that seamlessly shuts off the engine when power is not needed, based on a variety of driving factors, and both are paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission.
      “The Chevrolet Blazer is more than just good looks,” said Waqar Hashim, Blazer chief engineer. “Both the Ecotec® 2.5L four-cylinder engine and 3.6L V-6 engine are paired to Chevrolet’s nine-speed automatic transmission, providing drivers a great balance between performance and efficiency.”
      Traction Select is standard on all models and allows the driver to make real-time adjustments to the vehicle’s driving mode to account for varying road conditions. On AWD models, it also allows the system to be completely disconnected from the rear axle, meaning drivers can opt to have their vehicle operate in FWD when AWD capability is not necessary.
      RS and Premier models offer a more sophisticated twin-clutch AWD technology that helps optimize traction for every condition. It provides excellent performance in wet, snowy and icy conditions, while also providing enhanced stability in dry weather.
      Available Early 2019
      The Chevrolet Blazer will arrive at U.S. dealerships in early 2019. Additional details and pricing will be announced closer to the start of production.
    • By William Maley
      For the past few months, we have been hearing about some key changes to the Mazda MX-5 Miata; more power from the four-cylinder engine, new safety features, and a telescoping steering wheel. Mazda has been using the "can't comment at this time" when asked about these changes. Today, the Japanese automaker finally confirmed the changes.
      Under the hood lies a reworked 2.0L Skyactiv-G producing 181 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque - up 26 and 3 respectively. A higher redline of 7,500 rpm complements the added power. To pull this off, Mazda made a number of changes to the engine which include,
      Lighter pistons and connecting rods Reconfigured intake ports New fuel injectors New exhaust system Mazda has also fitted a higher final drive ratio (3.583 vs. 3.454), which should make it slightly quicker off the line.
      There is also more safety tech for the 2019 MX-5 Miata. All models get a backup camera as standard and higher trim levels boast traffic sign recognition and  Smart City Brake Support.
      Other changes for the 2019 MX-5 include,
      Optional brown canvas soft top Redesigned 17-inch wheels Telescoping steering wheel Mazda hasn't announced pricing on the 2019 MX-5 Miata, but does say it will arrive at dealers later this fall.
      Source: Mazda

View full article
    • By William Maley
      For the past few months, we have been hearing about some key changes to the Mazda MX-5 Miata; more power from the four-cylinder engine, new safety features, and a telescoping steering wheel. Mazda has been using the "can't comment at this time" when asked about these changes. Today, the Japanese automaker finally confirmed the changes.
      Under the hood lies a reworked 2.0L Skyactiv-G producing 181 horsepower and 151 pound-feet of torque - up 26 and 3 respectively. A higher redline of 7,500 rpm complements the added power. To pull this off, Mazda made a number of changes to the engine which include,
      Lighter pistons and connecting rods Reconfigured intake ports New fuel injectors New exhaust system Mazda has also fitted a higher final drive ratio (3.583 vs. 3.454), which should make it slightly quicker off the line.
      There is also more safety tech for the 2019 MX-5 Miata. All models get a backup camera as standard and higher trim levels boast traffic sign recognition and  Smart City Brake Support.
      Other changes for the 2019 MX-5 include,
      Optional brown canvas soft top Redesigned 17-inch wheels Telescoping steering wheel Mazda hasn't announced pricing on the 2019 MX-5 Miata, but does say it will arrive at dealers later this fall.
      Source: Mazda
    • By William Maley
      The past months has brought some interesting rumors to light on the 2019 Mazda MX-5 Miata. In March, a NHTSA document came to light that revealed the 2019 model would produce 181 horsepower from its 2.0L four-cylinder. A month later, a leaked document from a Canadian Mazda dealer confirmed the horsepower rating, along with some much wanted features such as a telescoping steering wheel.
      Recently, Japanese outlet Car Watch had the chance to drive the updated 2019 MX-5 Miata for the Japanese market - called the Roadster. In their first drive report, they confirmed a number of details we have reported previously. For starters, the 2.0L has seen power boosted from 155 to 181. The engine has also see its redline increase from 6,800 to 7,500 rpm. This is due to a number of improvements for the engine including lighter pistons and a larger opening for the throttle body. Mazda has also fitted a new dual mass flywheel that will reduce vibrations coming inside, along with a new muffler. Other changes include new color choices for the exterior and interior; Smart City Brake Support, and a telescoping steering wheel.
      Unsurprisingly, Mazda said that it "can't comment at this time" about if these changes will appear in the U.S. Given the amount of evidence, it would be a safe bet that we'll be seeing most, if not all appear on our MX-5 Miata in the near future.
      Source: Car Watch, Road & Track

View full article
  • My Clubs