New VE Commodore pics!

LHD with a chrome bar on the grille probably means those are Chevrolet Lumina/Omega.

It seems to carry the Torana concept's syling theme. Can't wait for the official pics to be released!

its nice, definitely an improvement, but the greenhouse looks like it could belong to any (and every) carmaker in the world. I wish GM could do something, different.

((AMEN!!))----The BOGLEG THINGY in the C piller is SO TIRED NOW!!

Looks good.  Something about those wheels reminds me of the Trailblazer SS and spied Equinox SS wheels.  Could this by chance be some kind of Chevy RWD SS sedan?  That would be awesome!!

CHEVELLE BABY!!-----Not likely for us YET!-----But HERES HOPEING!

Man, I'm more excited about this than the Camaro. I hope they send one over as a Pontiac.

Me, too. And...me, too.

We all knew/know what the Camaro was going to be, even before the concept came out. These other Zetas could literally be anything, and that's very tantalizing.

This calls for a celebration. :)

Long live RWD!!! :wub:

Who wouldn't be excited about this lineup that we have pleaded for for years here? I'm not excited about the waiting game....so it's hard to get excited about GM right now....since everything is always so far away.

The exterior is sweet, but I'm sort of underwhelmed by the interior. The plastics don't look too great and the gear selector looks cheap. Also, the stack and upper IP look like they came straight out of the Aura, which is odd.

Very cool... I also love the Datsun Bluebird wagon in that pic.

It's my Maxima with 2-fewer cylinders. :D

I don't know, to early totell but it looks like the current Manaro/our GTO with 4 doors. If this things comes over here it will have a "yawn" impact like the GTO has had. I mean I love the current GTO but the general public won't even notice this thing, it still looks too generic in my eyes.

What's with those four switches in the centre console?

Weird place for window switches down there, they were there is some Cavaliers. Yuck.

But I enjoy the styling overall.

The central trim strip in the dash looks rather like a Mercedes-Benz.

((AMEN!!))----The BOGLEG THINGY in the C piller is SO TIRED NOW!!

Yes, it's dissapointing how much the doors look like E36 3-series doors...not just the upper but also the lower sculpting. And the short, tall tail treatment has been done so many times before..

Nice to see the spy photos. I look forward to the Holden Statesman/Caprice photos. That car also looks shorter than the current model. The reason why Holden is doing more European styling instead of Amercian styling is because the Australian market has become quite competitive. It is not enough to be rear drive and have a V8. You have to either stand out or make something that is just as competitive. The market is changing there. At least Holden is not sitting still or making the mistakes GM American did.

Holden wants younger buyers too.

What's with those four switches in the centre console?

Weird place for window switches down there, they were there is some Cavaliers. Yuck.

But I enjoy the styling overall.

The central trim strip in the dash looks rather like a Mercedes-Benz.

Interesting..the window switches on the console have long been an M-B tradition..the dash definitely reminds me of some recent M-B designs..

Yeah I agree the BMW side window look is starting to get tiring, but this looks pretty sleek-wonder how the passenger and cargo room holds up. Here's for hoping the Pontiac Zeta isn't a rebadged Commodore....

I don't know, to early totell but it looks like the current Manaro/our GTO with 4 doors. If this things comes over here it will have a "yawn" impact like the GTO has had. I mean I love the current GTO but the general public won't even notice this thing, it still looks too generic in my eyes.

dull.  dated.

I think some people think this is meant to be some sort of muscle car. REMEMBER this car is designed to be the top selling car in Australia, with over 50% of sales being 3.6 V6 fleet sales. Off course it is RWD and has an optional 6.0 V8, and there are some very muscle car style versions, especially those from HSV (official tuner). But in the end Holden MUST make this car appeal to many and offend few, such is always the case with a best selling car in any market.

I think some people think this is meant to be some sort of muscle car. REMEMBER this car is designed to be the top selling car in Australia, with over 50% of sales being 3.6 V6 fleet sales. Off course it is RWD and has an optional 6.0 V8, and there are some very muscle car style versions, especially those from HSV (official tuner). But in the end Holden MUST make this car appeal to many and offend few, such is always the case with a best selling car in any market.

What he said. Remember folks, we were told the Impala would have retro cues. Personally I kinda like em and hey atleast the V6 model next to red one LOOKS right, unlike the V6 versions of the LHX cars.

These look like they are RHD to me?

He changed the pics. The first ones were LHD cars with a chrome crossbar in the grille, so they were probaby the Middle Eastern Chevrolet Luminas.