Dodge News: Next-Generation Dodge Challenger To Embrace Electrification

William Maley

12 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

..nobody really has electrics ready for the market.. 

Agreed, other than Tesla, the Chevrolet Bolt and Nissan Leaf are it as far as global EVs and even then Nissan still does not have their long range out yet so you have Tesla 3 or Chevrolet Bolt.

22 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Agreed, other than Tesla, the Chevrolet Bolt and Nissan Leaf are it as far as global EVs and even then Nissan still does not have their long range out yet so you have Tesla 3 or Chevrolet Bolt.

Too many electrics will flood the market and overwhelm it, just like Hybrids did.

30 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

This is most likely going to be just the eTorque system which doesn't add much in the way of power, but gains you efficiency in other ways. 

That would be extremely disappointing, just like the eTorque system.

What I originally heard hybrid Ram I thought it was a great leap forward and then I realized it was basically just to get moving and it wouldn't do anything once yo're rolling..I became disappointed. 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

What I originally heard hybrid Ram I thought it was a great leap forward and then I realized it was basically just to get moving and it wouldn't do anything once yo're rolling..I became disappointed. 

That blows if it is! :nono:

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

It actually does do stuff while you're rolling, but it isn't power-add things. I should do a write up on all the things the eTorque does that aren't directly related.

• Upvote 1

On 1/22/2019 at 12:27 PM, ccap41 said:

..nobody really has electrics ready for the market.. 

what's really pathetic is that with the head start on the market that GM had, after all this time, they could have truly wiped everyone else's ass off the floor by now and owned the market.

Side note, how cool would it be for GM to re release the EV1 with modern electric powertrain?

Image result for saturn ev1

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 1/23/2019 at 6:55 PM, regfootball said:

what's really pathetic is that with the head start on the market that GM had, after all this time, they could have truly wiped everyone else's ass off the floor by now and owned the market.

Woulda.  Coulda. Shoulda.  The EV-1 was a product of old GM..the dead company. 

15 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Woulda.  Coulda. Shoulda.  The EV-1 was a product of old GM..the dead company. 

Yup, The current CEO seems to think all electric, which I am very excited about especially now that they are looking to electrify the GMC Sierra!  :metal: 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, regfootball said:

YEAH!  GM WAS SO GOOD WITH ELECTRIC CARS, THEY REALLY ......... (wait for it)    CRUSHED IT!!!!!!!!!!

I remember parking in a garage in downtown Sacramento back in the early 00s and seeing a row 3-4 of these along a couple of the funky chunky Honda electric car of that time..all had CA government plates. 

Edited by Robert Hall

Electrics failed because gas was and is cheap and batteries were either too weak to do the job or too expensive to justify sales.  Once the batteries are actually superior to gas and charging is as fast as filling up, sales should rise significantly.  Give them at least 10-15 years for that to happen.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Give them at least 40-55 years for that to happen.

Typo fixed

14 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

they did it before anyone else.

...and stopped it for blaringly clear reasons

On 1/25/2019 at 5:26 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

they did it before anyone else.

Actually since GM has probably built more cars than anyone else more GM cars have been crushed than anyone else's. This is not unique to electrics.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:44 AM, ocnblu said:

I agree with Drew, hopefully it will just be the ineffective e-torque baloney strapped on, and not full suicide.

Tell us how you really feel.

• Haha 1

AC DC can do well in Amish country...they have their own heavy metal...

Just now, Drew Dowdell said:

No... please don't. We've all heard it all before. 

We have never used sarcasm before here at C and G so no one recognized it.

• Haha 1