IF you had to drive none GM....

I don't like to name brands because no one brand is really that appealing to me, so, in no particular order...

Infiniti G35 Coupe

MazdaSpeed6

Ford Mustang GT

Charger RT

Caliber SRT4 if it gets a better interior

Lancer Evo

Impreza STi

Legacy GT

Honda S2000

EDIT: I didn't realize this before, but none are FWD.

I don't like to name brands because no one brand is really that appealing to me, so, in no particular order...

Infiniti G35 Coupe

MazdaSpeed6

Ford Mustang GT

Charger RT

Lancer Evo

Impreza STi

Legacy GT

Honda S2000

The Caliber SRT4 is.

Considering we're slowly shopping for a new ride... ruling out the GM option we've looked at, it'd be one of these in order of current preference:

Subaru Forrester

Mazda 5 (the new tiny minivan.)

PT Cruiser,

Honda Element.

We want something road-trip worthy, able to haul luggage, friends AND a car-seat. get good gas mileage, and be small enough to be friendly in inner-city driving.

The HHR slots right there with the PT.

chrysler crossfire

maybe a charger srt-8...

nissan 350z

lotus elise

if i had lots of moneys...

lambo gallardo

aston martin V12 vanquish

Hows about I make BV look good?

hmmm... models rather than brands for me.

*puts flame suit on*

Mazda 3 sport

Civic coupe

Golf

Jetta

Caliber

Prius

Yaris hatch

Focus 3-door or 5-door

Aerio hatch

In that order. Funny, even though I like Nissan, they have nothing that appeals to me right now.

Infiniti G35 Coupe

MazdaSpeed6

Ford Mustang GT

Charger RT

Lancer Evo

Impreza STi

Legacy GT

Honda S2000

:withstupid:

Except not the S2000 or Legacy GT. I'd add in the 350Z and Magnum R/T.

hmmm... models rather than brands for me.

*puts flame suit on*

Mazda 3 sport

Civic coupe

Golf

Jetta

Caliber

Prius

Yaris hatch

Focus 3-door or 5-door

Aerio hatch

In that order. Funny, even though I like Nissan, they have nothing that appeals to me right now.

so many hatchbacks... cant... comprehend... desire for hatchbacks... *twitch*

dude somebody rev a V8... quickly!!! its a matter of life and death!!!! time is a factor!!!!!

Now I'm not sure the flame suit was a good choice. Maybe I should have hid under a garbage bag to protect myself from the exploding brains of Monte, Wildman and 68?

:lol: yes that wouldve been a better decision... but a flame suit would protect you from that too id imagine... a garbage bag wont protect you from fire tho... flame suit was probably the better choice in the long run... :P

Edited by 04monteintimidator

Oh, by the way I do like coupes as well...

It's just that none of those cars come as coupes, with the exception of the Civic.

That's really sad actually. There are no affordable 4-cyl compact coupes left. Cobalt and Civic are the only ones, unless you count the New Beetle *barf*.

BMW and Mercedes make 4-cyl coupes, but I'm not that rich yet...

:lol: yes that wouldve been a better decision... but a flame suit would protect you from that too id imagine... a garbage bag wont protect you from fire tho... flame suit was probably the better choice in the long run... :P

True. I'll just commission buickman or harry to clean the brains off the flame suit.

Oh, by the way I do like coupes as well...

It's just that none of those cars come as coupes, with the exception of the Civic.

That's really sad actually. There are no affordable 4-cyl compact coupes left. Cobalt and Civic are the only ones, unless you count the New Beetle *barf*.

BMW and Mercedes make 4-cyl coupes, but I'm not that rich yet...

Eclipse

Impreza

RX-8? Technically not a 4 cylinder....but...

In no particular order and subject to change as soon as they are posted (strictly vehicles I may by some stretch be able to afford):

Dodge Charger

Dodge Caliber SRT-4

Ford Mustang GT

Ford Focus ZX3

Chrysler 300

Jeep Liberty

Jeep Wrangler 2007

Nissan Frontier

Honda Element

Mazda 3 sedan

Mazda MX-5

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

Subaru Legacy Outback

Mini Cooper S

Volkswagen GTI

Volkswagen Rabbit

Volkswagen Jetta

Well, if money was no problem:

(in no particular order)

BMW M3 convertible

BMW M5

Mercedes SL65 AMG

Audi S6

Audi RS4

last-gen Infiniti M45

current Infiniti Q45

Mazda6 V6

Mercury Marauder

Ford Mustang GT conv.

300/Charger SRT-8

Jag XJ Super V8

VW R32

Chrysler LHS

Taurus SHO V8

Edited by DetroitNut90

1. Chrysler 300C / Dodge Charger

2. Infiniti M45

3. MB CLK500 *hardtop*

4. BMW 540i

5. Subaru WRX-STi

Subaru Impreza Outback Sport

Subaru Legacy Outback

PB, buddy, you knew I'd be all over that. Love those Subarus. :puke:

Seriously, though, this thread drives home how much I love GM. My list is fairly short:

Have driven as rentals, so:

1. Chrysler Sebring hardtop coupe

2. Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 6-cylinder (too bad 4.0 L6 is gone)

Would have to drive it to see if I liked it, but I do like the wedgy styling:

3. Ford Fusion

Charger SRT8 all the way! You can't go wrong with a 425 hp family sedan. Ya gotta love the bold, muscular styling. It is in your face and it looks ready to race. My aunt's boyfriend has fun beating all of the tuners in his Magnum RT. Gotta love HEMI power. But the real question is, if I had to drive none Dodge, lol!

Guest YellowJacket894

I guess I'll list models, too...

300C

Charger

Avenger (The old '97 model or the upcoming '07.)

Mustang GT

350Z

G35 Coupe

Any Pre-Bangle BMW

924/944/968

Any 911 (Okay, let's just say "any Porsche." :D)

VW Scirocco and Corrado

3000GT/Stealth

First-Gen Diamond Star Car

RX-7 / RX-8

Mazdaspeed 3

To be dead serious, if GM, FoMoCo and Chrysler went belly up tomorrow, I would buy vintage in a heartbeat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second the thought. 8)

Edited by YellowJacket894

well that criteria clearly doesn't apply anyway... does it?

Well... when you come across a cheap ass semi-luxury sedan that runs and drives perfectly...

Mazda 3 sport

Civic coupe

Golf

Jetta

Caliber

Prius

Yaris hatch

Focus 3-door or 5-door

Aerio hatch

Wow... I wouldn't even consider some of those cars... :lol::P

All right, if GM wasn't around and I couldn't drive any of my current GM vehilces.....a 1966 International Harvester 1600 Loadstar with the IHC 304, or a 1997 Massey Ferguson 231 tractor with Perkins Diesel, or a 1995 Kenworth with a newly dropped-in Detriot Diesel 60-series....(which by the way, means I'm still driving partially GM)

All right, if GM wasn't around and I couldn't drive any of my current GM vehilces.....a 1966 International Harvester 1600 Loadstar with the IHC 304, or a 1997 Massey Ferguson 231 tractor with Perkins Diesel, or a 1995 Kenworth with a newly dropped-in Detriot Diesel 60-series....(which by the way, means I'm still driving partially GM)

Well, unfortunately, Detroit Diesel at the time the 60 series was introduced, was owned by Penske and the engine was actually desinged by John Deere. So tracing heartage, yes GM, but really no. I would go for a nice big tractor too with a CAT engine in it. Maybe a Pete or a KW.... or maybe a Volvo with a Cummins. (Volvo/GM used to be a tie in as well)

That's true, but still. I wouldn't really got with the Cat simply becuase I've heard issues with fuel mileage on them. They're great pulling and strong engines if you've got nothing but short hauls, but for something long-distance, the MB diesels, along with the Detriots and Cummins engines are longer-legged.

theres no other crossfire fans here? come on guys... that car is sweet and you know it... it reminds me of the AMX

Sorry for the multi-post, but I just realized something else:

The more I look at that Cadillac bike picture the more I'm not impressed.

It has the same cheap seat post design that I've managed to snap a bolt on twice that I finally just replaced.

It also has what's called V-brakes. They're the traditional bike brakes that pinch the sides of the rim to brake. They're hard to adjust, wear out fast and don't work well at all in mud or even rain. They're mostly relegated to bargain bin bikes you find at Sears. I've even seen a few Sears bikes with disc brakes like the pictured Kona.

That's also a really small gear set, especially having only 2 in the front.

Why would Caddy put their name on a cheap bike?

heh you think the caddy bike is bad... my brother recently got a new bike... a Jeep bike... mountain bike obviously...

BUT... the gear shifter does not have numbers... nope just little tick marks... its impossible to figure out what gear yur in unless you count around the ticks...

its only like a 7 speed... yet there are well over 14 tick marks... which makes it more confusing

it does not have shocks, which my old mongoose stormer does... they may squeak and need a bit of oil... but at least they're there...

and worst of all... the V brakes... my stormer has them... but they work... very very well... i can leave a solid 50 foot skid mark if i feel like it... the V brakes on this Jeep bike... no matter how hard i squeeze them... the wheels will keep roling... slower of course... but they continue rolling...

this is Jeep... a HUGE name in offroading... WHY would they put their name on this mountain bike... that SUCKS so much?

I'd probably go for one of the Fords .......

Aston Martin

Jaguar

Land Rover

Volvo

Or, I'd buy a 1960 Buick convertible and take it to a "hot rod shop" and have it updated with a crate "Northstar" engine, "Brembo" brakes and an updated suspension.