Variance

Spied: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe [updated 11/21]

Spied: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

Posted Image

A member on Car and Driver's forums snapped these pics of the new Altima Coupe. I'm guessing this will be released in mid to late 2007 as a 2008 model. The pics are somewhat small and a bit blurry but from what I can see, it's much nicer than the bubbly in comparison Accord and the just plain wierd Solara.

Read "New Altima Coupe" @ Car and Driver Forums

*Update at post #48.

Good idea. A cheap G35 lookalike will do far better than a Solara or Accord coupe.

207551[/snapback]

And handle better too. I like it, looks really good.

A reasonably priced, V6 powered RWD coupe. This'll sell nicely.

A reasonably priced, V6 powered RWD coupe. This'll sell nicely.

207554[/snapback]

Well, being based on the Altima sedan, I don't see it being RWD (though it's be quite a suprise if it was).

Proportioning seems to dictate no. And, honestly, I don't find it attractive. I also don't find the G35 coupe or 350Z attractive either. Yeah, I suck, I'm ghey, I'm a 'tard, whatever. I just don't.

A coupe is supposed to be long, wide, low, and sleek. These cars are merely low and wide, which makes them look pudgy, frogish, or have big unadorned wraparound fender panels that remind me of hovercrafts.

So, I'll be weird in my corner I guess.

The G35's proportions make it such a stunner.

They can't be successfully duplicated on a FWD-based car.

I don't think the Altima's front end meshes very well with the G35's body. The body is all smooth and the front is kind of edgy.

Well, being based on the Altima sedan, I don't see it being RWD (though it's be quite a suprise if it was).

207558[/snapback]

Oops, my bad.

Man, I hope the coupe market is coming back. This, the Fusion, the Focus, and others are getting coupes...the G6 has a coupe, Cobalt has a coupe, etc. I remember a few years ago when it seemed like the coupe market was on the verge of dying.

Now they just need to bring back the full-sized coupes...although I doubt that's going to happen.

Man, I hope the coupe market is coming back.  This, the Fusion, the Focus, and others are getting coupes...the G6 has a coupe, Cobalt has a coupe, etc.  I remember a few years ago when it seemed like the coupe market was on the verge of dying.

Now they just need to bring back the full-sized coupes...although I doubt that's going to happen.

207592[/snapback]

The Fusion is getting a coupe?

From Left Lane News:

Ford is considering offering a two-door version of its popular Fusion sedan, according to the latest issue of Motor Trend. Specific details of the program were not given, but the magazine reckons a Lincoln equivalent in the form of an MKZ coupe is also in the pipeline.

Proportioning seems to dictate no. And, honestly, I don't find it attractive. I also don't find the G35 coupe or 350Z attractive either. Yeah, I suck, I'm ghey, I'm a 'tard, whatever. I just don't.

A coupe is supposed to be long, wide, low, and sleek. These cars are merely low and wide, which makes them look pudgy, frogish, or have big unadorned wraparound fender panels that remind me of hovercrafts.

So, I'll be weird in my corner I guess.

207561[/snapback]

Weirdo.

This car is just plain beautiful. I hate Japanese cars except for Nissan and newer Mazdas. I was always a fan for the G35C but this flows better to my liking. The G6 coupe is going to have a good run against this. I think this will prevail in the end compared to the G6 coupe. I am not that big of a fan of it but the Nissan is unbelieveable. I never even heard any rumours about an Altima Coupe. Nissan can keep things quiet.

Man, I hope the coupe market is coming back.  This, the Fusion, the Focus, and others are getting coupes...the G6 has a coupe, Cobalt has a coupe, etc.  I remember a few years ago when it seemed like the coupe market was on the verge of dying.

I heard somewhere saying that the DCX midsizes (Seebring, Avenger) were not getting any coupes. And they said there was no market for coupes.. :nono: Now, only if Subaru would do this to the Impreza and Legacy.

As for the Altima, I like it.. though, G6 coupe is the first on my list.

Edited by Decka

Nissan is throwing a curveball with this. It is a good decision. I think it looks better than the sedan but, overall, better pictures are needed.

So this is just a reskinned G35? Do they really need it if they already have the 350z? It just doesn't seem right. It looks good for sure, but it just seems too small and sporty to make a good mid-size coupe. Maybe this is the replacement for the 350z haha :AH-HA_wink:

So this is just a reskinned G35? Do they really need it if they already have the 350z? It just doesn't seem right. It looks good for sure, but it just seems too small and sporty to make a good mid-size coupe. Maybe this is the replacement for the 350z haha  :AH-HA_wink:

207720[/snapback]

As stated above, it is not a RWD car and it should be quite a bit roomier than the G35. It may have a overall similar shape but the actual size should be larger than the G coupe.

As stated above, it is not a RWD car and it should be quite a bit roomier than the G35. It may have a overall similar shape but the actual size should be larger than the G coupe.

207722[/snapback]

Do we know for sure it is based off of the Atima Sedan? It's hard to tell how big it is from those pictures.

Do we know for sure it is based off of the Atima Sedan? It's hard to tell how big it is from those pictures.

207743[/snapback]

Why would they base an Altima coupe off of anything other than the Altima sedan? :huh:

Well, I like it. I'm not a huge fan of the current gen Accord coupe, and I've NEVER liked the Solara and will be glad to see it go. Love the G6 Coupe (woman at work has the convertible--in white, it's sweet), and will be happy to see one of these on the road.