2007 Nissan Altima pictures and video

!!!TED!!!

Thanks for the pics. It looks better in those real life shots, almost attractive. However it still looks bloated and fat. I think it's the rear end that makes it look that way.

217888[/snapback]

truth is this car is 20 times more desirable than the camry and accord. this car is gonna kill the accord in the under 44 demographic. KILL the accord.

truth is this car is 20 times more desirable than the camry and accord.  this car is gonna kill the accord in the under 44 demographic.  KILL the accord.

217962[/snapback]

It's definitely nicer looking than both of those, which is no surprise since the Accord is 4 years old and the Camry is, well, a Camry. But it looks like it needs to lose some weight in the rear. Or maybe it would look better with larger rims. The black one looks like the back end is sagging, or there is less distance between the rear wheel and the top of the arch. The wheels that are on those pictured Altima's certainly don't do them justice.

Edited by siegen

And what's with that interior getting good reviews? It looks like a G6 with more vents and is really boring.

217996[/snapback]

The Altima's dash is cleaner and less cheap-looking IMO. It just wish it had a boot on the parking brake like the G6 does.

Posted Image

Posted Image

With navigation, the Altima really blows it away. (Admittedly, not a totally fair comparison since you can't get navi with a G6.)

The front is okay, but the rest is... meh.

And what's with that interior getting good reviews? It looks like a G6 with more vents and is really boring.

217996[/snapback]

looking through the window at an actual car on the lot, it looks wonderful in person.

my only pause about this car is the already dated nissan styling and the fact that the rear flairs up and is lighted like a Y2k ssei. it looks like a pulled taffy rear end just like those heavy ass rear bonnevilles did, although the altima tapers more. it just doesn't have the ribbed for her pleasure side cladding.

i.e. batmobile.

Posted Image

Edited by regfootball

:drool:

Sorry, you distracted me with a real luxury performance sedan in that last post.

218039[/snapback]

Yeah, one with an interior that feels cramped compared to a smaller Altima and is made out of materials and lighting even Nissan wouldn't succumb to anymore...sorry I HAD to do that :AH-HA_wink:

More for the Altima itself, it looks like a terrific car, and being that the last gen sold like gangbusters for a long time, the new one that's many steps up in most regards should do even better. So far, initial owner reports are glowing on all accounts, including someone over on GMI who swapped his company '06 G6 for one...made a post about it, and expelled just how much better of a car the Nissan was all around.

Yeah, one with an interior that feels cramped compared to a smaller Altima and is made out of materials and lighting even Nissan wouldn't succumb to anymore...sorry I HAD to do that :AH-HA_wink:

218044[/snapback]

Heh. Its roomy and all the dash and touchables are soft touch, unlike the Altima. Plus, 75% of them aren't posuers with funny-sounding 2.5l 4-bangers.

altima, faster, nicer interior, handles better, more room than the bonne, sorry had to put that out there.

its an easy call over the bonneville. neither is a styling peach, but niether is offensive. the GXP bonne is very nice, i guess in that iteration wins out in styling.

to top it off, the altima is much cheaper than that bonne with sim equipment ever stickered and it doesn't have a (gasp) BENCH SEAT!

the altima spanks the G6 so badly its not even funny. its brutally sad. at least until the G6 GTP with 3.6 shows up.

the altima makes the mazda6 S look like complete dogmeat.

Edited by regfootball

to top it off, the altima is much cheaper than that bonne with sim equipment ever stickered and it doesn't have a (gasp) BENCH SEAT!

218050[/snapback]

Haha! I actually tried to find an SE with a bench once online and could only find one. Of course, it turned out to be at the dealership where we got ours...here in Florida.

Anyway, this Altima is alright. I'll probably have one for a rental at some point. Had to dodge two this go around. I really just don't find appeal in owning a car that's every-freakin'-where like the Altima is. By that fact alone, the Maxima has greater appeal to me and that car is more visually displeasing than this one. Plus, I have Flagshipitis where owning an Altima would just have me wanting a Maxima because its higher up.

Guest YellowJacket894

That Pontiac steering wheel is horrid. :o

The new three spoke is a vast improvement. That interior photo was of a first year G6, when that was the only steering wheel you could get.

I too was struck with how plain the Altima's interior looks, but it could be construed as "user friendly", which is good. It certainly doesn't look any better in these photos than the G6 looks in person. That G6 photo posted above is not a fair comparison shot. It's got the ugly, first-year wheel and the lighting isn't good.

Like the new Sentra, the new Altima looks almost hatchback-y, with that super-short decklid. And the front end is clearly a backdown from earlier Nissan attempts at being adventurous, which turned off some folks.

This is an "all-new" car, according to Nissan, but frankly, I'd have to see this parked next to an '06 to gain a perspective on its freshness, or lack thereof.

Oh, I'll have to check that thread out. I did read somewhere in a Nissan-provided piece that this car is on a new platform, but it makes sense that Nissan would follow other makers like Honda and Toyota (and GM with the evergreen W body), and just rebody the old platform for a second go-round.

The Altima's dash is cleaner and less cheap-looking IMO. It just wish it had a boot on the parking brake like the G6 does.

Posted Image

Posted Image

With navigation, the Altima really blows it away. (Admittedly, not a totally fair comparison since you can't get navi with a G6.)

218001[/snapback]

This one isn't a fair comparison either. One is like midlevel and the G6 is like Value-Leader base.

Otherwise, the Altima is growing on me. Other than the Bangled Camry-like butt it looks pretty clean.

Not too bad, still not a fan of the tails but the car does look much better IRL pics. The Accord interior is still second to none in the midsize class imo. I'm surprised how plain the Altima interior looks, something to do with the small triple air vents I think.

I past a new Altima and swear that it was a new Maxima. Until I saw those horrid taillights.

That is the base G6. No chrome accents, no leather wrapped steering wheel, no radio controls on said steering wheel (the new steering wheel that is in my SS is MUCH nicer than this one) etc. NOt a big visual difference, but I can tell my loaded GT vs this stripper.

Front end looks better (even with the giant hood gap), but the rear is awful (so plump & stubby), esp those convoluted and HUGE taillights. Jeez, soon headlights & taillights will touch the bases of the A- & C-pillars. What's with the dual outlet exhaust on a 4-banger- does the v-6 get 4 tips??

I like it, but I have yet to see it in person-hopefully soon enough. Looks very Maxima-like-hopefully it will have more passenger and cargo room than before, or at least comparable.

I don't know why, but the big slogan, "COME ON IN WERE OPEN" on the dealership's window cracked me up. Maybe because they don't know how to spell "We're".

218237[/snapback]

if you look closely in the 3rd pic, there is a really small apostrophe there.

Not great, but not bad.  Pretty much the same feeling I had when the last Altima came out.  The most recent refresh of which (in SE-R trim) I actually really liked.

On a side note, I bought my first GM vehicle just around the corner.  Ahh, memories  :cry:

218245[/snapback]

Sorry to tell you, but as of last week, that dealer has closed its doors. :(

Sorry to tell you, but as of last week, that dealer has closed its doors. :(

218248[/snapback]

never said it was bought from a GM dealership :P

I picked my Cavy up at Future Hyundai. If I would had a little bit more money, I woulda had a last gen Monty Z34 from the GM dealership though :(

or cast iron block pushrod v6's originating 40 years ago..........and barely cracking 200hp......

218051[/snapback]

so... funny sounding I4 making 175 HP/180 ft.lbs or funny sounding V6 making 205hp/230 ft.lbs. and both get about 30mpg highway.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the Altima is roomier, the only dimension where the Altima beats the Bonnie is in front legroom by an inch. Rear legroom in the Bonneville is two inches more than the Altima.

so... funny sounding I4 making 175 HP/180 ft.lbs or funny sounding V6 making 205hp/230 ft.lbs. and both get about 30mpg highway.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the Altima is roomier, the only dimension where the Altima beats the Bonnie is in front legroom by an inch. Rear legroom in the Bonneville is two inches more than the Altima.

218262[/snapback]

did someone delete my post?

o cmon, that year bonneville had no rear room. everyone knows that.

did someone delete my post?

o cmon, that year bonneville had no rear room.  everyone knows that.

218568[/snapback]

I don't know what you're talking about man. Mom had a Bonneville for years. It's what I took my driver's test in. Plenty of legroom back there.

The Bonneville has plenty of rear leg and hip room. And even though the heavily-slanted backlight cuts into headroom much more than any other G-body, I have never hit my head sitting in the rear and I nautrally sit higher than the average person because I'm weird.

The Bonneville is an almost great car.

If only the interior didn't look like it melted in 150 degree heat.

And it didn't get such terrible reliability ratings.

Good thing modern GM cars are much more reliable than the Bonneville.

the G6... GM has a thing with making unattractive, cheaply textured steering wheels. It's such a prominent object in the cabin, it ruins the car.

I would actually take the G5 Cobalt over the G6.

The Altima is on an all-new D platform. The suspension and rigidity are improved, geometry revised. Can't do that on an existing platform. The car rides differently than the 2002.

Not to say the Altima has a good steering wheel either. I'd prefer a 3-spoke.

Edited by JT64