DetroitNut90

Nissan unveils Rogue CUV

36 posts in this topic

Nissan goes after the Honda CR-V with a new compact crossover

Posted Image

Is a car company trying too hard to attract younger buyers when it names its new compact crossover after an X-Men character? Well yes it would be, but that's not the case with the 2008 Nissan Rogue, which makes its debut at the 2007 Detroit Auto Show. According to Nissan, the name Rogue was chosen to reflect "its independence-oriented positioning." Not sure what that means, but at least they didn't call it the Wolverine.

Inside Line

Interior is nicer than the RAV4 and CR-V, in my opinion. Should compete well with the CR-V.

'Rogue' would be better as a Jeep name...surprised Chrysler didn't trademark it, since it is an old AMC name (from the Rambler Rogue ht in the '60s).

Since Reg hasn't posted yet, I will give you guys a preview of what his post may look like:

IT SUCKS IT ONLY HAS A 4 CYLINDER! NO V6!! GHEY!!

:D

Edited by siegen

Cheesy....

Looks like a CR-V has but sex with a retarded Murano about 9 months ago.

That's evolution for ya! :P

It looks sexy inside and out, but it needs something different for the front fascia.. I'm not liking the headlights or something; I just can't nail what I don't like about it though.

Since Reg hasn't posted yet, I will give you guys a preview of what his post may look like:

IT SUCKS IT ONLY HAS A 4 CYLINDER! NO V6!! GHEY!!

:D

If it only gets 12mpg... then, yeah, ghey

It looks like kind of like that Kia Rondo thing in the front. Interior is nothing special, but if this is just average it will be better than the CR-V.

You guys are jerking off over this interior?!? It's a poor rip off of an Equinox!

Posted Image

You're not serious are you?

Posted Image

I see exactly zero Equinox in the Rogue interior.

BTW, I know I pictured the old Equinox interior. It's impossible to rip off an interior that was released around the same time (new Equinox interior). Plus, the Rogue doesn't look like that one, either.

For a (I'm guessing) $21,000ish vehicle, that interior is spectacular, IMO, and nothing like the Equinox's.

Edited by NOS2006

It sort of reminds me of the new Santa Fe from the side, which is nothing to aspire to. I agree with those that like the interior, however. :thumbsup:

it's ugly from the side view, from the front, and the back. yuck, but at least the interior has the details right, and it's a nice looking place too.

I'm not sure how many of you are sick to death of hearing from me about 1950s Hardtops...

but it must feel a LOT like I feel about modern interiors. 99% of the time I just do not care. :duck:

I'm not sure how many of you are sick to death of hearing from me about 1950s Hardtops...

but it must feel a LOT like I feel about modern interiors. 99% of the time I just do not care. :duck:

except interior design and comfort is relevant to today's consumer

Nice-lookin cute-ute. A couple of things, though:

In profile, it looks a lot like the new Santa Fe. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just suprising.

Nissan's wheel arches are getting bigger with each iteration. Before long the quarter panels will be one big wheel arch. I don't like that, because visually it makes the wheels/tires look smaller than they are, negating the mostly cosmetic effect of larger-rimmed tires.

It should be quite competitive, though, and I do like the interior.

-RBB

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.