BURGERS

OK, thawed out a huge chunk of premium hamburger.

Fired up the indoor 18,000 BTU gas grill and formed some supple, thick meat patties.

Cooked them medium well over the hot gas flame and briquets. Hint of CHAR. Still a bit juicy. The 600 cfm hood could barely keep up. Gotta get rid of the critters before you put that meat in your mouth you know.

Thawed out a nice wheat bun and a couple of my mother law's home made (with LARD!) buns. My mother in law has great buns.

Lightly toasted.

No ketchup bull$h!. CATTLEMAN's Smokehouse barbeque sauce, gobs of it. Normally Famous Dave's is the way to go with barbeque sauce, but not for burgers. Either Cattleman's or KC MAsterpiece Smokehouse.

Red onion, cut to pieces.

MEDIUM CHEDDAR. Thick, although sharp would have hit the spot too.

Get those buns soft in the nuker than char and toast them a bit on the hot irons and set those slabs of beef on there. The bun has to be small enough so the meat is still the main draw of the attraction.

Put on the onions, and smother in a rolling puddle of the sauce and take a bite...............

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM FOODGASM! I think that will keep me happy ALL DAY.

Sometimes you gotta just have a burger.

Tell everyone about your best burgers.

Edited by regfootball

I've discovered that loosely packing your patties is the secret to a delectable burger. I use 93/7 burger, and mix it with a bit of worcestershire and extra virgin olive earl. I also sprinkle in some dried onion flakes, they soften up when mixed and add a nice flavor when chowing down. A nice, toasted bun, mustard, ketchup and fresh relish made with sweet pickles and jalepenos, along with good cheese. YUM.

You make me hungry, reg. It's a good thing I just got back from Mom's, where we had pork and chicken roasted together with sauerkraut, apple slices and onion, or I'd be putting some clothes back on and heading out to the grocery store.

Edited by ocnblu

Lol. Yay to food.

I'm going over to my grandmother's tonight for supper, and I seem to have noticed that going to granny's means there'll be food enough for an army, and grandmothers are always trying to get you to eat more, or try this, and all that.

I love it!

Usually, it involves me getting the Sirloin Burgers from Costco.

If it's cold outside and not good weather to barbeque, I grab the Lean Mean Fat Grilling Machine, and cook them that way.

Miracle Whip on both sides of the bun, sharp cheddar, onion slices, jalapeño peppers, ketchup and mustard. If I'm lucky, I fry up a couple strips of bacon to go with it.

Those Iranian's don't know what they're missing... :thumbsup:

Edited by Captainbooyah

best burger i had was 70%(i think 100% angus w/ some white onions mixed in it (made myself) just char the outside and the inside was still very juicy. now it was on a gas grill :( and since it 70% it shrunk , alot!, but it was soooooo good.

mmm burgers... i love red meat

i usually use 2 patties cooked medium... 3 slices of cheese cheddar or american, either will do, one on top one in between and one on bottom

depending on my mood itll either get ketchup... or bacon and BBQ sauce, usually the latter but every now and then just ketchup will do

no other condiments... why mess with perfection?

90% ground-round from the local Pennsylvania-Dutch Farmer's Market...smells heavenly on the grill. Cooked medium, 1 slice American cheese, ketchup, 1 piece of lettuce, 1 slice of tomato, 1 small piece of onion. Bacon's always welcome, but it's seldom put on the table. Usually white Wonder bread, but a potato or sesame bun is preferred.

Edited by DetroitNut90

Guest YellowJacket894

If it says "Angus" on the package, I'm there. Put some bacon on it, and . . . :yes:

Also, best fast food burger has to come from Backyard Burger. Damn burger (!!!ANGUS!!!) patties are so thick, you have to have a strong grip to hold them together.

I've discovered that loosely packing your patties is the secret to a delectable burger. I use 93/7 burger, and mix it with a bit of worcestershire and extra virgin olive earl. I also sprinkle in some dried onion flakes, they soften up when mixed and add a nice flavor when chowing down. A nice, toasted bun, mustard, ketchup and fresh relish made with sweet pickles and jalepenos, along with good cheese. YUM.

You make me hungry, reg. It's a good thing I just got back from Mom's, where we had pork and chicken roasted together with sauerkraut, apple slices and onion, or I'd be putting some clothes back on and heading out to the grocery store.

yummy, that sounded good.

occasionally i try some grass fed natural beef, that can be good.

i love cracked pepper burgers. A nice thick layers of cracked corns on top, charred into the burger with a kaiser roll. With a mayo/paprika spread, mMmmmmmm

Stilton burgers at the irish bar? MMMMMMMMMM

you know, the WHOPPER is darn good sometimes. And the QUAD STACKER is a cheesegasm waiting to happen.

Edited by regfootball

Burgers. You gotta love them. For a cheap, quick alternative, I visit Hot 'n Now. 3-5 of those beautiful little babies for under $3 and you're set. Or, if you're looking for a big, beautiful burger, Fuddrucker's or a homemade alternative.

I'm oldschool though.. a big, thick burger on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, onion, American cheese (melted on), ketchup, mustard, mayo. Mmmm.

We had some sirloin patties from the local meat market for supper. Those are always so good with a slive of cheese. I dont buy meat from most stores after getting it from Haens(The local meat market) for 10 years. They do the whole process from breeding and grwing the animals to slaughter to making the different things.

are white castles really burgers or osmething else entirely?

its a soy and meat byproducts. If you get it without the tasty onions its really not that bad for yo.

Most of the time I eat turkey burgers. And I don't make a habit of going to fast food restaurants because their prices have gone up to the point where I can get a bigger, better, helathier burger for almost the same price at a diner or sit-down restaurant. When I make my own I sometimes - here's a shocker - sprinkle some garlic and/or onion powder in my meat, roll it up like a meatball to distribute the flavore, then flatten it before I grill it. I'm still getting the hang of this George Foreman grill that I've been using since the BBQ ran out of gas for the winter, so they sometimes come out a tad too well done.

In any case, a wheat bun straight from the toaster, two slices of deli-sourced yellow American, and a slice of turkey bacon, and that's my burger-gasm.

This reminds me of a story in Lee Iacocca's biography of when he worked for Ford. Henry Ford II would basically ONLY eat hamburgers. They had an executive lunchroom where he would get most of his food from... but when they went out to eat, he would order the same thing regardless of the type of restaurant or how nice it was. Ford would always complain that nobody made a burger like his chef in the lunchroom so Iacocca asked the chef why his burgers were so great. The chef's reply was that Mr. Ford only got the best, so it was ground filet burgers for him only in the lunchroom.

This makes a bunch of burgers, but this is how I make mine.

1 lb ground turkey.

1 lb ground turkey sausage

1 tblspn diced onion

1 tblspn diced green pepper

1 tspn salt

1 tspn red pepper flakes

1 tspn black pepper

1 dash of Worsteshire Sauce

1 tblspn milk

Mix up the meet, onion, green pepper, salt, red pepper, black pepper, worstie sauce, and milk until its the right consistency (thick and stickin to your hands).

Form into patties

Take a small pat of butter and fold into the center of the meat, stick on the grille.

These are the juiciest burgers you will ever taste and full of flavor. They are my kids favorites.

This makes a bunch of burgers, but this is how I make mine.

1 lb ground turkey.

1 lb ground turkey sausage

1 tblspn diced onion

1 tblspn diced green pepper

1 tspn salt

1 tspn red pepper flakes

1 tspn black pepper

1 dash of Worsteshire Sauce

1 tblspn milk

Mix up the meet, onion, green pepper, salt, red pepper, black pepper, worstie sauce, and milk until its the right consistency (thick and stickin to your hands).

Form into patties

Take a small pat of butter and fold into the center of the meat, stick on the grille.

These are the juiciest burgers you will ever taste and full of flavor. They are my kids favorites.

WHERE's THE BEEF?

WHERE's THE BEEF?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my pants (joke from the 80s) just kidding

You can use beef, but I got enough of a gut I am tryin to cut KCals here, and its either beef or butter. Gimme the butter for the juiciness.

Ive had some veggie burgers that taste great (almost meat-like), and I've had others that tasted like compacted grass clippings.

all right ya'll. My burger recipe. 1-lb 100% angus beef, 1-ish lbs of sirlion (do the grinding of it myself), mix together, add pepper, salt, woresteshire, beer, thyme, oregano, and lawry's seasoning salt. Let that soak for 24 hours before cooking, then fire up the grill outside, charcoal only for burgers, gives the best smell to me. Grill to taste, once it comes out and is still juicy, hit it again with a little more lawry's. Buns normally lightly toasted on the grill just after the burgers come up. Add mulpitle slices of bacon to your heart's content, also add two or more slices of American cheese, followed by either Heinz 57 of some form of BBQ sauce. Before sitting down, make sure you've got a napkin, and beer, then turn on your favorite football or baseball game and enjoy.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Ya know - tt may have been the particular In-n-Out I went to, but given the amount of time I waited for my burger, I really wasn't all that thrilled with it. It only tasted slightly better than your average McD's hamburger. I'd rate Jack-in-the-Box over In-n-Out.

Ya know - tt may have been the particular In-n-Out I went to, but given the amount of time I waited for my burger, I really wasn't all that thrilled with it. It only tasted slightly better than your average McD's hamburger. I'd rate Jack-in-the-Box over In-n-Out.

I've been to a few In-n-Outs but didn't think they were all that great...Fatburger is better, IMHO..

I've been to a few In-n-Outs but didn't think they were all that great...Fatburger is better, IMHO..

Fatburger is also delicious... but it's like comparing apples to oranges. Yeah they're both burgers, but each has a distinct style. Both In-n-Out and Fatburger sit atop podiums in different sections of my stomach! :blink::lol:

Usually when we go camping this is how I make my burgers:

Bring a cup of Gentleman Jack

A mixing Bowl

Shredded Cheese

Crumbled Bacon

Ground Meat of your choice.

Fire up the small grill I built (Which is hugger orange with black stripes btw :P)

Take the ground meat with the crumbled bacon and shredded cheese and put in the bowl. Using my hands I mix all of the contents together. I then had the cup of Gentleman Jack to Mixture and I keep mixing everything up to work the whiskey in and to absorb most of it.

After everything is mixed, I start making the patties in preparation for the grill.

I fire up the grill using Mesquite charcoal (I always cook with Mesquite, I will accept no other form of charcoal)

After the fire dies down and the coals are white hot, I lay foil out over the grill and I poke some holes here and there on the foil so some of the excess whiskey can drain out of the meat and so some of the mesquite flavor gets into the food. I then place the patties on top of the foil and close the lid.

I let the meat cook until there is just a hint of pink in the very middle of the burger.

I also frequently turn the meat as I find that is the best way to do it.

I serve the meat on regular hamburger buns with a some bbq sauce.

I usually use the Lipton onion soup recipe. 2 pounds of 90% lean hamburger from the local meat place and one pack of Lipton onion soup and I think 1/3 cup of water. Mix very well.

Fatburger is also delicious... but it's like comparing apples to oranges. Yeah they're both burgers, but each has a distinct style. Both In-n-Out and Fatburger sit atop podiums in different sections of my stomach! :blink::lol:

Agreed. Fatburger let's you put egg and bacon on the burger...which I definitely do.

Still, this is my favorite:

Posted Image

Oldsmoboi, his friend Dominic, GMTruckguy74 and I ate at Red Robin after we left the Hershey car show. It was fairly good, I guess.

For me, a restaurant burger must have a bun that can handle the meat. I cannot stand a burger that has so much junk on it that it squeezes out of the bun and plops on your plate.

Edited by ocnblu

I was at a Red Robin when I was in Anchorage on vacation. I got The Works Burger with the egg and bacon on it. It was very. . very good, and how can you go wrong with all you can eat steak fries. I also recommend the huge ice cream pie and the freckled lemonade. Yum!

For me, a restaurant burger must have a bun that can handle the meat. I cannot stand a burger that has so much junk on it that it squeezes out of the bun and plops on your plate.

Oh, let me bat that one out of the park! :lol:

Ruby's Kobe-beef burgers are pretty good. It reminds me of the awesome pan-fried steak my mom makes. The "crust" of the meat is deliciously salty and almost crispy, while the inside is meaty and flavorful. Unlike other burgers where the patty is diluted with the rest of the burger trimmings, the Kobe patty really stands out... it's wonderful.