Chris_Doane

I did 133mph today

44 posts in this topic

I have an Audi A6 (3.2L) press car this week and I was told its electronically limited to 130mph. Turns out it's more like 133 :D

Heh...but the funnier part of the day was with the chief of police. I kinda know him, and he wanted to check out the A6. So on a local highway, I did 116 with him in the passenger seat. I wasn't going to let it rip but he said something like "come on, do it!"

I was almost hoping we'd get pulled over just to see what would happened when the chief stepped out in full uniform.

I have an Audi A6 (3.2L) press car this week and I was told its electronically limited to 130mph. Turns out it's more like 133 :D

Heh...but the funnier part of the day was with the chief of police. I kinda know him, and he wanted to check out the A6. So on a local highway, I did 116 with him in the passenger seat. I wasn't going to let it rip but he said something like "come on, do it!"

I was almost hoping we'd get pulled over just to see what would happened when the chief stepped out in full uniform.

What state do you live in?

Haha, you're just now learning that?

First time I actually had a serious question, being German, I normally know the answers before the questions are asked. :AH-HA_wink:

First time I actually had a serious question, being German, I normally know the answers before the questions are asked. :AH-HA_wink:

haha i love being german...

I did 100 or so in the Cobalt last wewk before I ran out of space in the left lane of I93...not to hijack your thread Chris :P

lolz...do I need to post pictures of my speedo with the needle exceeding the 155 marking?

lolz...do I need to post pictures of my speedo with the needle exceeding the 155 marking?

Wasn't there a high speed thread or something in the lounge? :scratchchin:

Edited by Dodgefan

Haha well sure. Thats the thing though...I could tell the motor had quite a bit left over. Pretty sure the speedo goes to 170 for a reason. Edited by Chris_Doane

I'd like to see that.

I'm all for keeping these sort of speeds on the track, but you just don't pass up a chance like that.

" It's good to be the king"

:lol: Great story! That would have been awesome had a cop pulled you over with the chief. You just better hope that its the same jurisdiction.

What did the chief think of the A6?

Edited by K.C.

:lol: Great story! That would have been awesome had a cop pulled you over with the chief. You just better hope that its the same jurisdiction.

What did the chief think of the A6?

He was pretty impressed overall. Liked how smooth the powertrain was.

Well 133mph is child's play now. Several weeks ago I got to 145 in a diesel Audi. A few days ago in a...something or other...I got to 160 before I had to lift. The car was still gaining too but I was running out of real estate.

I have pulled around 100 mph in my Sonoma, right before the rev limiter kicked in. I believe it took probably close to a full minute to get it up to that speed. :P

When I was 14, my buddy and I 'borrowed' my father's '69 Chrysler 300 and took it for a spin on a freeway just north of Toronto at about 2 in the morning. I buried the needle at 120 mph, so I really have no idea how fast we were going.

I nearly $h! myself thinking about that now: no seatbelts, no air bags. At least the beasty had front discs, Michelin radials (my dad was a big tire nut) and a 15' hood to fly over if we had hit anything.

the nova's speedo only goes up to 120, but i buried it on an empty highway, and it definatley went way past that! :P

Well 133mph is child's play now. Several weeks ago I got to 145 in a diesel Audi. A few days ago in a...something or other...I got to 160 before I had to lift. The car was still gaining too but I was running out of real estate.

I've been 135 in an (original model year) Lexus SC430 and a (old-body-style V12) 750iL......120mph in my old Mazda6 company car.......135mph in my C6 convertible.......and 125mph in an Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 1.9L TDi......

That's it for me.....

142mph in the GTO... ran out of real estate, otherwise I have no doubt it would have easily made it to the 158mph limiter.

Not to hijack the thread but...

Tested a WRX SCCA pace car when they first came out about 2001 or 2002. They are indeed electronically limited to 141.

Buried the 160 Speedo on a Plum Crazy Purple 70 Road Runner, No idea how fast we were really going, not sure I want to know.

A friend got clocked at 156 in a modified turbo RX-7 by the Ohio State Patrol...and then talked his way out of it. NOT kidding here!

Done enough stupid stuff when I had my 70 Chevelle that I shouldn't be alive now...

Chris

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor