Followers 0
Flybrian

2009 Solstice to get G6 GXP-inspired fascia

39 posts in this topic

2009 Solstice Facelift
Draws from G6 GXP
Posted Image
Link to Original Article on Autoblog

Oh no. Blogger Mickey Kaus says that he's seen an updated Pontiac Solstice ('09, presumably, since the '08 is unchanged), and that the new front clip sports the unbecoming, "tongue-thrusting" look of the current G6 GXP. Let's hope what Kaus saw was just some driver with poor taste rolling with an aftermarket nose, because the Solstice is not in need of a factory-prescribed rhinoplasty. GM would do well to focus on further refining the next generation of the car and not engage in ill-advised interim facelifts just for the sake of having them.

Aside from the 'buckiness' of the grills the rest of the front end is quite nice looking. Hopefully the grills just get more squared off, like the G8, and the lights get a nice little update.

If true, someone needs to be shot.

And that is the most irritating site I have ever navigated - good thing I'm not epileptic.

if the grill was that big, they'd almost have to re engineer how the hood fits on the front...right?

Final proof GM wants to kill Pontiac. I recommend offering carrot-orange as a colour option for Bugs Bunny II.

Sounds like a harebrained scheme to me!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO TREAT ME LIKE THIS???!!!

Is my life doomed to be stuck with dying brands? First it was Oldsmobile. Then it's Pontiac.

The changes on the SEMA car are a good clue of the future. Pontiac has long used SEMA to show off future styling on some of their custom cars.

The G Force GP concept in 02 comes to mind as a good example of future ideas.

Edited by hyperv6

Is my life doomed to be stuck with dying brands? First it was Oldsmobile. Then it's Pontiac.

:bowdown: Please, please, whatever you do don't start to like GMC next :bowdown:

:P LOL! :P

I hope they don't do a G8 GXP with such a grille treatment..

LOL how sad would that be, this makes me want to make the clock ticking noise....

Allow me, TICK-TOCK! :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

If true, someone needs to be shot.

And that is the most irritating site I have ever navigated - good thing I'm not epileptic.

hey guys i live near oshawa and i saw an uncovered version of this modified solstice on the streets a few mths ago - i tried to snap a pic, but i was late for work. it was completely un-camoflaged but it looked like it just came out of a mould. no paint/chrome on the fascia. it honestly looked wicked. the only draw back was the rear of the car. it was obvious that the front design language had been updated, but the rear was the same. the front has a lower profile and the rear needed a little ground effects of some nature to even it out. i think the g6 GXP looks like bugs bunny, but the solstice was good. the grill is basically more squared off and slightly longer from top to bottom (vs. the currect soltice). it doesnt look like buck teeth. it was an obvious evolution in the design theme. a little g6 gxp meets g8. hope the production model lives up to my expectations.

They should keep the SOLSTICE looking close to todays model for several genorations like the original 911 did. Its beautiful as it is and BETTER then any 911 EVER WAS just refine it from the inside out while keeping the same over all looks with SLITE TWEAKS here and there! Its a BEAUTIFUL CAR AS IS!!

I agree with you, Carguy: I've always liked the Solstice over the Sky and if mazda can built the exact same design for 18 years with nearly no whimpering from the enthusiast crowd, the Solstice -a far more engaging design- should be able to do an easy 8 years with minor tweaks stylisitically.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room