Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ocnblu

Congratulations, Chris Doane

56 posts in this topic

Chris Doane was recently featured at Gaywheels.com's "Headlights" section, showcasing out gay automotive professionals. C&G friends, gay and straight, check it out.

Oh... and thanks to our old buddy Borger for calling my attention to the article. :AH-HA_wink:

click

Edited by ocnblu

Wonder what he was doing on "gaywheels"? And I'm not referring to Chris.

Actually I hate stereotypes but...as a strait guy I've found that a lot of the most creative, enteresting, informed, whatever people that love cars happen to be gay. I am even thinking about joining the local Lamda car club. They have some great people involved...and like the Local Miata club, they seem to know a lot of good local places to get together for a good meal for meetings, etc.

Seriously, thanks for sharing this with me.

Although my wife and three daughters will want to know why I am now surifing Gaywheels.com on the internet.

Chris

Thanks. :)

The really funny/surreal thing (well for the gay guys here anyway) is that the story was featured on gay.com. It was one of those 5 rotating feature stories they have on the home page. I had no idea gaywheels shared content with them. Thursday night I come home and there is an IM from my friend saying "dude! youre on the front page of gay.com!"

To clarify the thing about Borger... he was giving me grief (just teasing, not mean-spirited afaik) about the gay thing the other night in IM, threatening to start his own forum (! contradicting some of his reasons for leaving here) called "Cheers, Queers & Automobiles". I countered his assault with "well, gaywheels.com says GM is a gay-friendly company as far as treatment of employees, so there must be some gay folk there, especially at GME". So I guess I inadvertently steered him toward the site, even though I hadn't myself visited it in about a year. He says a "reader" from GM sent him the article... hmmm...

Great article CD. I like your outlook on being gay. It's not who you are in the least, and there are no boundaries to what you can do. People place too much importance on being gay, especially people who are gay. It's just sexuaity and who you share your romantic life with. The first step in removing bias is when both people who are gay and straight stop demanding to know others' sexuality. It's none of anyone's business.

Props do you man. Congrats on what you accomplish and as a car nut, thanks for keeping me in spy photo eye candy!

To clarify the thing about Borger... he was giving me grief (just teasing, not mean-spirited afaik) about the gay thing the other night in IM, threatening to start his own forum (! contradicting some of his reasons for leaving here) called "Cheers, Queers & Automobiles". I countered his assault with "well, gaywheels.com says GM is a gay-friendly company as far as treatment of employees, so there must be some gay folk there, especially at GME". So I guess I inadvertently steered him toward the site, even though I hadn't myself visited it in about a year. He says a "reader" from GM sent him the article... hmmm...

Interesting, I must say...

Great article CD. I like your outlook on being gay. It's not who you are in the least, and there are no boundaries to what you can do. People place too much importance on being gay, especially people who are gay. It's just sexuaity and who you share your romantic life with. The first step in removing bias is when both people who are gay and straight stop demanding to know others' sexuality. It's none of anyone's business.

Props do you man. Congrats on what you accomplish and as a car nut, thanks for keeping me in spy photo eye candy!

:yes:

Ditto, congrats on what you do as a car nut...

Chris

The first step in removing bias is when both people who are gay and straight stop demanding to know others' sexuality. It's none of anyone's business.

Well written! :thumbsup:

Yeah, :cheers: to CD for keeping an eye out for the new stuff for all of us car nuts!

I have theories... That's all I'll say. :P

Congrats again Chris!

... as for the rest, I'm keeping my mouth shut.

...who the f@#k is this "Borger" character?? I must've missed some drama during my sabbatical.

Congrats Chris.

...who the f@#k is this "Borger" character?? I must've missed some drama during my sabbatical.

Congrats Chris.

Eh, you didn't miss much :AH-HA_wink:

Congrats Chris.

A sometimes odd ex member and also worldwide GM employee, we had here for a while.

An always odd ex member and also worldwide GM employee, we had here for a while.

Fixed :P

Anyways, congrats Chris, that's pretty dang cool.

Edited by REDO1GPGT

Cool. Congrats.

Yes, who is this Borger I hear so much about? :smilewide: Now CD you do know I am plugged into the net, almost as if I were a human Cray supercomputer. Nothing, and I do mean nothing escapes my gaze! <------ (PCS made a funny) :P

Congrats on the article, it was well deserved. Perhaps we will meet sometime soon, since we seem to travel in the same circles. I will be leaving soon enough from my beloved Delaware, it seems there was a VP of Production at the Wilmington plant in the past week or so, perhaps things are looking up there. I love the smell of new product in the morning! :yes:

Well you certainly see who your friends are on a thread like this, (or not)! :smilewide:

Ok CD, I'll race you to Melbourne, you are going I hope and will I see you in Swaziland next month in beautiful Geneva?

Keep up the good work CD, as will I on my end too. I look forward to my return to the USA in November so I can pull the lever for Obama! Yes we can! :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

I can't believe I'm not desensitized (or is that sensitized) yet to Mr. Borger's constant departures and returns, whatever the reason.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0