Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
K.C.

Just built a G8 and . . . . .

53 posts in this topic

I priced up a fully loaded GT with Premium Package, Sport Package, and Sunroof for $32,745. I then priced up a loaded V-6 model with Comfort & Sound Package, Premium Package, and Sunroof, and the price was $33,735. Wha? :o A loaded V-6 model is $990 more? Come on people! :angry:

Edited by K.C.

Well... Those who want better MPG are willing to pay more than those who want HP. :o:P

I'm joking... but honestly, it's really down to a choice between the two powertrains. The V8 is not necessarily higher end than the V6. It's just preference to some. Power isn't a premium, just an option? Sound possible?

Well... Those who want better MPG are willing to pay more than those who want HP. :o:P

I'm joking... but honestly, it's really down to a choice between the two powertrains. The V8 is not necessarily higher end than the V6. It's just preference to some. Power isn't a premium, just an option? Sound possible?

Well, it is a different way of thinking. Just caught me off guard.

I priced up a fully loaded GT with Premium Package, Sport Package, and Sunroof for $32,745. I then priced up a loaded V-6 model with Comfort & Sound Package, Premium Package, and Sunroof, and the price was $33,735. Wha? :o A loaded V-6 model is $990 more? Come on people! :angry:

Math. The difference is probably the 'Comfort & Sound Package' vs. the 'Sport Package' + v8..

Edited by moltar

this dude is hitting the auto show tomorrow and i will be spending QUALITY time in a g8. i can taste it.

this dude is hitting the auto show tomorrow and i will be spending QUALITY time in a g8. i can taste it.

Looking forward to seeing it myself at the end of the month at the Denver Auto Show..

Don't lick the seats, I hear it's Chinese leather! :AH-HA_wink:

I'm going to have to drag my butt to the local Pontiac store and see if they have one yet.

I'm going to have to drag my butt to the local Pontiac store and see if they have one yet.

You have to drag it there? God now I'm afraid! :smilewide:

You have to drag it there? God now I'm afraid! :smilewide:

:lol:

Let's just say that my "to do" list is a bit onerous these days.

some people wont notice this because the v8 is an unthinkable option... this is where GM profits from green freaks...

I'd only take the 6...with current hp/torque levels from modern 6s, I cannot for the life of me think of one situation where I'd say, "damn, I wish I had the 8." The weight savings alone (and better weight balance front/rear) likely make the 6 the better handler anyway.

This car is in a much better position than the GTO was, with a real trunk, four doors and the 3.6L option. I hope it does well.

I'd only take the 6...with current hp/torque levels from modern 6s, I cannot for the life of me think of one situation where I'd say, "damn, I wish I had the 8." The weight savings alone (and better weight balance front/rear) likely make the 6 the better handler anyway.

unrelated, but that remind me of a quote to knock off the fast and the furious.....

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.... the whole 23 seconds, i wish i had a V8

unrelated, but that remind me of a quote to knock off the fast and the furious.....

I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time.... the whole 23 seconds, i wish i had a V8

My Cutlass makes me want my Millenia, performance wise. :P

Thinkin about this post last night, I realize that at first, the G8 GT will come with a stupid tax that will make it far more expensive than a loaded V-6 model.

I see the V6 has 256 hp. This is the regular 3.6 and not the DI, I assume?

Its the same engine that the base CTS has. The DI would be a good inclusion to the G8 imo.

This car will sell very well IMO. The G8 is an amazing product.

I'm assuming no DI because of where the car is assembled. GM must not be giving Holden DI engines for thier cars yet. 256 hp is definitely enough. the hp wars are crazy in my book. 300 hp with equal or better gas mileage is without a doubt fantastic. BUT, if you're just looking at hp, 256 is more than enough. this is a whole pissing war/grass is greaner on the other side issue. 300 hp without a hot wife still only nets 300 hp, net gain not much additional happiness.

I see the V6 has 256 hp. This is the regular 3.6 and not the DI, I assume?

Weird... I thought the original number was 261. Oh well, it's 5hp.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0