A Horse With No Name

GM cars you miss seing the most

73 posts in this topic

My pics of what I no longer see on the road:

1. Buick Riviera. Yeah, I know I'm the small car fan here at C&G but for some reason I've always lusted after the Riv. Almost bought a silver 65 with dual 4v carbs when I bought the 66 Mustang fastback. Used to be several running around my old home town. I also miss the later 60's design and the sweet 70's boat tail design.

Actually, I seldom see the sleek 90's version on the road either.

2. Olds Cutlass Vista Cruiser. When we were talking about the what year thing I thought about how many of these there were running around when I was a kid. Still lust after them, and if I could have GM build me anything from the past brand new, this just might be the car.

3. Flame me for this one, but 70's (second gen) Camaro's. They used to cover high school parking lots in the midwest with the same intensity that snow covers Vermont. You still see them, but they are no longer common.

My son Joel is into 70's and 80's rock, and someday I'm going to rent/borrow/steal a second gen Camaro with T- tops and cruise around all night with him listening to Led Zepplin and AC/DC...with a little Boston and Rolling Stones thrown in for good measure.

4. Buick full size convertibles. My grandfather owned a 69 (yellow with a black top and a white interior) and the woman he dated after my grandmother died drove a 70 (gold with blakc top and gold interior). I have a lot of boyhood memories of these cars and I miss seeing them.

What do you all miss the most?

Chris

The Chevelle, older Camaros, the last-generation B-Body Impala SS, the Pontiac A-Bodies ... god, the list goes on and on!

Just about any pre-1973 GM, and quite a few after that.

One example: 1986/7 Buick Regal T-type Turbo.

Any big body on frame rear wheel drive land yacht is a welcome sight on the roads around here in the middle of riced out Honda/Acura city where I live. Older American trucks as well; I love seeing a nicely-preserved '73-'87 Chevy/GMC and even the older F-series and Dodges are growing on me as they continue to disappear. What was once not thought about at all is now becoming a treat to see.

1977-79 B bodies and C bodies...I miss my old Ninety Eight and my Delta 88 has seen better days, it has some severe rot issues at this point. Early 90's Trofeo's, always loved their styling inside and out especially with the VIC. Monte Carlo SS' and Cutlass 442's, God theres so much I miss.

My son Joel is into 70's and 80's rock, and someday I'm going to rent/borrow/steal a second gen Camaro with T- tops and cruise around all night with him listening to Led Zepplin and AC/DC...with a little Boston and Rolling Stones thrown in for good measure.

Now see I wish I had a son to do that with. No volunteers please, it's just not the same. :AH-HA_wink:

Why it's the Pontiac Custom-S of course, it's one on the rarest of the A Bodies (1968 -1972), because it was a one model year only car. :yes:

The riced Chevy Citation up the road, because now I don't have anything to point and laugh at. :(

All of the RWD mid size and full size cars, especially the Roadmaster, Fleetwood, the big station wagons, Regal turbos, the big Pontiac Bonnevilles from 1971 to 1981, etc.

Like was said earlier, the B-body Impala SS. Actually, I liked all the B-bodies.

3rd-gen Camaro/Firebird.

Too bad there was no Corvette from my birth year... :(

Oh yeah... 66Stang, I saw a wine-colored '90s Riviera earlier.

went to a classic car auction today, had a gold 1970 riviera with a 430 4 barrel, left before it sold though, it was sweeeeet!

they had an 8.2 liter 73 elderado too. massive hehe. as far as what i miss, i just like to see cars that are 20+ years or older in general

Chevette, Citation, and Cavalier hatchbacks. Dunno why, I just don't see them anymore and I kinda miss 'em. They've probably all rusted away by now.

Pretty much anything old school in the pre-1979 sense is a welcome sight....

Obviously the stuff I enjoy the most is REAR-wheel-drive, Body-On-Frame,

American designed/built/sized GM HARDTOPS, although today I was very

pleased to see a 1970 Oldsmobile two door Cutlass in pea soup green

with the 442 hood & white stripes, even if it was a 2-door SEDAN & not a

hardtop, as well as a very elegant custom '87 Buick Regal T-type that I

last saw in the same neighborhood in 1996 as a Senior in high school.

...even the occasional BMW 2002 or air-cooled VW.

I guess I'll use this thread to confess a guilty pleasure. I'd restore and perform an engine swap on one of these for the hell of it, if I had already restored the Chevelle or Camaro of my choice:

1969_opel_gt_02.jpg

I mostly liked the one I had seen last year during one of Somerset's monthly car shows they hold over the summer/early fall months. With it's mini-Vette styling and a smallblock install, it could be one really mean sewing machine! :smilewide:

But, I'll also say, after seeing it in person and in photographs, that I don't like the tall roofline on the GT. It spoils the mini-Corvette styling. I do hope it's there again this summer, however. It was sort of a treat to see.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Chevette, Citation, and Cavalier hatchbacks. Dunno why, I just don't see them anymore and I kinda miss 'em. They've probably all rusted away by now.

:yes:

I used to see Chevettes everywhere....

And I would love to get my hands on a 85-87 Z24 hatchback....

Just about any pre-1973 GM, and quite a few after that.

One example: 1986/7 Buick Regal T-type Turbo.

Agreed.

I guess I'll use this thread to confess a guilty pleasure. I'd restore and perform an engine swap on one of these for the hell of it, if I had already restored the Chevelle or Camaro of my choice:

1969_opel_gt_02.jpg

I mostly liked the one I had seen last year during one of Somerset's monthly car shows they hold over the summer/early fall months. With it's mini-Vette styling and a smallblock install, it could be one really mean sewing machine! :smilewide:

But, I'll also say, after seeing it in person and in photographs, that I don't like the tall roofline on the GT. It spoils the mini-Corvette styling. I do hope it's there again this summer, however. It was sort of a treat to see.

Das ist Opel! :rotflmao:

86-87 Grand National

94-96 Impala SS

84-88 Monte Carlo SS

To name just a few.

Oh my stars.

Not enough time or space to list everything I miss seeing on the road ... suffice it to say, anything older.

Heck, I happened to flip through TV stations this afternoon and came upon the last few minutes of The Rockford Files ... and saw an older Ford LTD sedan ... even kinda miss seeing those around ... lol.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"There's a place for memories" ... Gary Morris ... 'Don't Look Back'

GME ist zerreißend die Kugeln aus dem Camaro im Moment. :smilewide:

Ich bin Hörfähigkeit etwas unterschiedliches wenig. :AH-HA_wink:

Oh, and let me give you a preview of the future, PCS. :AH-HA_wink:

crunch2.jpg

crach1.jpg

5.jpg

You are lucky that I don't let my parent's Aura come across an unfortunate "accident." :smilewide:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Oh, and let me give you a preview of the future, PCS. :AH-HA_wink:

crunch2.jpg

crach1.jpg

5.jpg

You are lucky that I don't let my parent's Aura come across an unfortunate "accident." :smilewide:

They'll just bye another GM product, and that's a good thing for my retirement plan. :AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead