Guest Josh

GMT900 Exposed: The Avalanche!

79 posts in this topic

As on the old forums C&G provided imagery of pieces of the GMT900 dash, interior, sunroof, bumpers, hoods, etc here we are bringing an image of the rear and side view of the Chevrolet Avalanche. It should be noted that these images were taken at the sametime as the "spy shot" featured by TCC from Brenda Priddy & Company of the Chevrolet Tahoe

Posted Image
Side 3/4 shot of the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Posted Image
Side & rear 3/4 shot of the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Posted Image
Ted Krygiers side by side comparison of the current Avalanche compared to the much cleaner GMT900 Avalanche.

When discussing this article, please LINK to this thread.

The GMT900 Avalanche looks so much more modern when compared to the current one. The current one looks like it's lunging forward about to fall on it's face while the GMT900 looks nice and composed. If the wheels on the current one are 16s or 17s it looks like the GMT900 has 18s or 19s.

Yeah, when they are compared side by side, you can really notice how much cleaner and more modern the new look is, I just hope it goes far enough to leap ahead!

gonna have to go against teh flow here and say this is a step backwords. It looks blander to me. I like the lines on the current one. The tails look like one's you'd get off any early 90's p/u. at least the current Lanche has some persoanity with the slanted lines on the tails.

Along with looking more modern, it looks like it has a lot better build quality. I like how it's more evolutionary instead of revolutionary. However, I hope normal consumers know it's all-new (vs. only a new look).

That's a good looking mo'fo'. Going to sell like balls-to-the-wall great, should be one of Chevy's bestsellers.

It looks better than the current Avalanche BUT it already looks somewhat dated, like it's something that should be on the market right now. It doesn't look very fresh. Honestly, I think this redo needs a redo.

So if you fill in the rear with a roof, windows, and B-pillar, you should have how the '07 'burban will look... Looks like a clean, modern design without clutter...I like how the front bumper is body color and I assume the grille and headlights will look like the Tahoe spy photo seen here a while back.... (i.e. no more ugly scowling headlights). Edited by moltar

Looks terrific. I love how everything is slanted slightly rearward for a much sleeker, more refined look. It's a sophisticated look, and the wheels complement it really well. It's just a million times better than the previous one. The fenders are a similar shape but are more rounded and flow into the wheelhouses better.

Hopefully there will be no "body armor" on this one! It looks really good..... Hard to tell the difference at a glance....I'd say an evolutionary rather than revolutionary change....but a nice change nonetheless...

Um i dont think think this is the fianl thing because the Tahoe and Suburban have gray plastic surrounding there lights

please tell me they didn't put the fuel tank on the passenger side! I hate it when they do that... :angry:

[post="2604"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nope. Look at this spy pic that clearly shows a fuel filler door on the drivers side:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gal.../9502_image.jpg

I love the clean look of it. This is on my short list of next vehicles. I really hope it has the power midgate. I don't care for the taillight design or the big bowtie in back, but those are very minor quibbles.

Whats up with the emblem on the tailgate that looks strikingly like a ford emblem? Hmmm....

[post="2901"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Huh? That's a bowtie. :blink:

could they replace the boring tailgate plastic handle with a nice large bowtie... and open the tail gate with the bowtie?

Much more masculine and refined. A perfect example of the term "All-American truck."

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead