GMT900 Exposed: The Avalanche!

Guest Josh

As on the old forums C&G provided imagery of pieces of the GMT900 dash, interior, sunroof, bumpers, hoods, etc here we are bringing an image of the rear and side view of the Chevrolet Avalanche. It should be noted that these images were taken at the sametime as the "spy shot" featured by TCC from Brenda Priddy & Company of the Chevrolet Tahoe

Posted Image
Side 3/4 shot of the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Posted Image
Side & rear 3/4 shot of the 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche

Posted Image
Ted Krygiers side by side comparison of the current Avalanche compared to the much cleaner GMT900 Avalanche.

When discussing this article, please LINK to this thread.

The GMT900 Avalanche looks so much more modern when compared to the current one. The current one looks like it's lunging forward about to fall on it's face while the GMT900 looks nice and composed. If the wheels on the current one are 16s or 17s it looks like the GMT900 has 18s or 19s.

gonna have to go against teh flow here and say this is a step backwords. It looks blander to me. I like the lines on the current one. The tails look like one's you'd get off any early 90's p/u. at least the current Lanche has some persoanity with the slanted lines on the tails.

Along with looking more modern, it looks like it has a lot better build quality. I like how it's more evolutionary instead of revolutionary. However, I hope normal consumers know it's all-new (vs. only a new look).

So if you fill in the rear with a roof, windows, and B-pillar, you should have how the '07 'burban will look... Looks like a clean, modern design without clutter...I like how the front bumper is body color and I assume the grille and headlights will look like the Tahoe spy photo seen here a while back.... (i.e. no more ugly scowling headlights). Edited by moltar

Looks terrific. I love how everything is slanted slightly rearward for a much sleeker, more refined look. It's a sophisticated look, and the wheels complement it really well. It's just a million times better than the previous one. The fenders are a similar shape but are more rounded and flow into the wheelhouses better.

please tell me they didn't put the fuel tank on the passenger side! I hate it when they do that... :angry:

[post="2604"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nope. Look at this spy pic that clearly shows a fuel filler door on the drivers side:
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gal.../9502_image.jpg

I love the clean look of it. This is on my short list of next vehicles. I really hope it has the power midgate. I don't care for the taillight design or the big bowtie in back, but those are very minor quibbles.

If I owned the old Avalanche I'd certainly want to trade my in. So much cleaner looking, a huge style improvement over the previous generation. Hopefully they come up with inovations that will blow the competition away.

im not seein it guys. its not there. i feel like im looking at pictures of a difffernt truck or something cuz im not seeing the appeal of the new one over the old. the new one looks well... OLD theres nothing exciting aggressive or interesting about it, it looks almost car based or something in the way it sits

In that spy pic it looks like two totally different sized tires!

[post="2786"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The Car Connection spy pic is a 2500-series 8-lug. I would be pleased to see some incarnation of the Duramax under the hood. (Or should I say "inTRUCKnation"...)

It looks fine. It doesn't knock my socks off but I believe it's an improvement from these angles. I'll have to wait until I can see the front and interior before I can give it a final yeah or nah from the design aspect. Now, what truely makes a truck beautiful is what it can do for you in the way of engine, transmission, etc. That remains to be seen.

Here are the engine choices for the Silverado im guessing all the GMT900's have at least two of these V8's > 4.2L = 290HP/300tq> i think this is the I-6 in the Envoy and TB and the three other clones > 4.8L = 300HP/335tq> > 5.3L = 355HP/380tq> V8's > 6.0L = 400HP/400tq> > 8.1L = 475tq>

Love that BIG prominent bowtie on the tail gate!!! That's right, it's a Chevrolet and we're proud of it.

could just be me but it seems to be a bit too blue ovalish

[post="2629"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

ya the big box lines and the big bowtie on the back of the truck are reminding me also of the blue oval, and why is the bowtie blue instead of gold. i thought the cars had a blue tie and trucks have gold. do i also notice calipers on the rear wheels.????

besides that the truck looks good. why are there no front grille shots?

Posted Image

The side shot of the Avalanche screams 80's silverado + GMT-800 smoothness and sleekness.

Also I find it odd that Ford and Chevy have basically went back to the 80's and early 90's truck design wise. With the New F-150 Looking like the Early 90's F-150s moderized and this Avalanche and with the Tahoe spy shots the new Chevy Truck lienup seems to be taking some 80's silverado cues...........

It has much more of a clean look, like the Ridgeline.  <_<

[post="3113"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Bahahahaha! More like an offspring of the Avalanche (which I like) and the Asstek knocked up a Japanese whore.

And out pooped a Fridgeline.

Good idea dusting these pics off for the new C&G generation. Edited by C.H.U.D.

... With the New F-150 Looking like the Early 90's F-150s moderized and this Avalanche and with the Tahoe spy shots the new Chevy Truck lienup seems to be taking some 80's silverado cues...........

[post="5510"][/post]

Actually, the main inspiration for the GMT900's is the 70's, believe it or not:
Posted Image

Posted Image

And there is a healthy dose of '73-87 too:
Posted Image

I think a lot of the appeal for the current Avalanche owners is its brute, well, ugliness, with all of the body plastic et al. So I dont know if that many owners of the first ever Avalanche will return to this one. But as far as I'm concerned, this thing is nice and I'd buy it. Lines may be similar to the simpler and cleaner Silverado of the 90's but that clean look is pretty much it.

Another disgusting fuel-guzzling truck. :puke: Why are you Americans still interested in such monsters?

[post="7096"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Because the majority of us don't care for (and can't fit in) dopey little 50HP deathtraps with 12" wheels.