Dear Audi...

I think im going to look at a S5 tomorrow,

I saw a A5 coupe and i really love that car.

I think its that time in my life were i deserve to drive a nice car. It comes out to be 56k sticker with 360 hp and a 6 speed. In Pearl Black with red interior. Ahh, What a beautiful car. Its a guilty pleasure i must say. I don't know why i like it so much. My CD's end next Monday so i will have 40k and if i put 40k down then its like paying for 16k car for 3 years. I really want to do this. what do you guys think? I called the local audi dealer and set up the test drive. I think im going to sell the 95 camaro and pick up a sports car. Kimberly likes this over a Vette and its more practical. should be quick too. Its going to be hard to sleep tonight. Or should i get a Koenigsegg CC8S? In 4 years I might be able to get a used one. Some one talk me out of it.

08_audi_s5_front.jpg

Should I?

Yes you should.

Don't forget the S5 gets hit with the gas guzzler tax. Price it out on edmunds to see that added to the cost. I think it's about $1700.

Also, A5's/S5's are in extremely high demand and hard to come by right now. If you order one it will be *at least* 3 months. Don't forget the back seats are more/less for show. The trunk is huge though. The mpg is also quite terrible.

None of that really matters though. Get a hot car while you can. In a couple years it will be too expensive to operate one of these cars.

A used K-egg would be sick!

But as far as the S5 it's quite a car, so long as you don;t despise

fat, ugly B-pillars & glued in rear side windows like on a $15,000

Kia hatchback.

Personally I'd rather spend that kind of money on a classic car,

esp. with the recent dip in muscle car prices.

I don't know. I loved the car. Seats are a little weird at first. The Clutch is very precise and i love the quick throws of the shifter. I know i will die in this car. The salesman was not happy with my driving. The ride sucks on Michigan roads which Kim did not like. I'm Going to think it out maybe go take another test drive. After driving it, I don't think I like it that much. Its a excellent car, but some guys know that if the person that has your balls in their purse doesn't like it. then you cant get it.

Gas mileage and back seat room don't matter.

68: I love classics but I want something thats comfortable, handles well, and is fast. Most classics don't fit my wants Im looking for. maybe it was never meant to be.

Cap-

As much as I like Audi- I'd say no.

I'd you are going t spend around 40 grand-I'd go with a G8.

I just test drove one before the baby-I loved it. Plus, it will be easier to ride in all year round...

OR

If you like the Camaro-put one of the CDs back for a little while.....then you could order a Z or Z vert... :scratchchin:

Take the other half and buy that classic( or kinda one). Maybe another Caprice (Save another one from ending up on dubs)

Older GM Classic (cheville, nova)

Older Caddy or Buick...

Or, if you like the Lesabre-You could pick a Lucrene CXS (good deals on them now), put on a nice set of wheels, and represent the D (since they are built at D-Ham) :AH-HA_wink:

Just a few ideas....

Im a closet Audi fan, so yes, if you can, you should. :AH-HA_wink:

I'm a closet Audi fan also, I'm just dieing to buy a clean first gen TT (My son Joel turned me on to these and I also can't sleep jights thinking about them).

Good luck and post pics...

Chris

I don't know. I loved the car. Seats are a little weird at first. The Clutch is very precise and i love the quick throws of the shifter. I know i will die in this car. The salesman was not happy with my driving. The ride sucks on Michigan roads which Kim did not like. I'm Going to think it out maybe go take another test drive. After driving it, I don't think I like it that much. Its a excellent car, but some guys know that if the person that has your balls in their purse doesn't like it. then you cant get it.

Gas mileage and back seat room don't matter.

68: I love classics but I want something thats comfortable, handles well, and is fast. Most classics don't fit my wants Im looking for. maybe it was never meant to be.

Audi's do shift really sweetly...

Chris

I say go big or go home! If that's what you really want, why not treat yourself to something nice? I myself have been heavily considering trading in my Jeep for an A3...granted a used one, but Audi builds some great cars with beautiful interiors...

I did own a DTS for a couple months, I loved it but, It didn't have a soul. Also I have always said to my self I'm not in that societal bracket to drive a nice car and lately i have been thinking a lot and said, "Why, I have the money, I have the passion, I should be behind the wheel not some guy that doesn't care about the car and drives it only based on the fact that it costs a lot."

One thing I did do right when i was young is had a good father and Banker that told me to save and such. Last Year I got a really good stock broker too. I have a 7 digit bank statement which i am very proud of but, I don't realize it. Right Now i plan that for the rest of my life I have 34K to spend a year plus i get a nice pension of 21K a year and health and stuff covered by a union. And I get my VA package and Pension from Uncle Sam. I'm Very happy with life at the moment and my retirement.

Cadillac has nothing in its stable that i want besides a last gen V but I hate GM's Sticks its like they take a truck gearbox and put a sporty handle on it and call it a day. I Love GM but, The G8 doesn't have that edge over manufacturers like Audi and Mercedes Benz. I want a Luxury sports car or sports/supercar. I have been thinking Noble M12. I would Kill to have a CCX from K-eeg. I want that more than anything in the world. I will never have a BMW in my driveway EVER! I make my buddy with his M5 park across the street. Never liked the F430 or the 599. Lambos dont do anything for me either. Yes, I know I'm picky. I will have to see how this week goes.

I Love classics but I would want to do the restoration which i don't have the itch for. I hate people that pay a show to restore cars for them. I mean it should be a labor of love that you develop with a car. Thats why the car means so much. If you buy a "store bought" 69 Camaro theres no sentiment its just another car. Plus when you have a new car things work. The caprice is getting old this week i have to put new fuel lines in it then call up the junkyards for a steering column.

Any Suggestions?

maybe I'm just crazy...

Well....do you have Audi R8 money? 911 Turbo money? SL AMG money?

What are we workin' with here? :D

The max im allowed is $250k. And She has to like it. which is hard to do.

I want a nice car so bad im getting that itch again and i want to scratch it.

However im a logical person and i hate excess which all these cars are excess.

Boy...if you've got that to work with...I'd have to say the R8 is the way to go. All my auto-journo friends who've driven it say its one of the best drives ever.

Yes, buy the R8 by all means. The sticker price on the one I had a chance to look around was $120,000, although I think it suffered from dealer mark-up. Still a hell of a bargain if you ask me, considering what all you get.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Im testing an R8 and DB9 this week.

What color? God thats almost as hard as which car to choose.

Get a Silver Aston

[/nuff said]

In all seriousness, if I was going to buy an expensive sports car, The DB9 was it... Now that's my kind of car.

Aston-Martin-DB9-SA-Speed-1280x960.jpg

2007-Aston-Martin-DB9-Interior-Night-102

Well All plans are off till further notice i canceled the test drives. hopefully me and kim can go look at one of these together one day... I hope

I thought about a noble. Today i was watching top gear episodes all day. Im thinking Porsche now or even a ZR1. Theres a lot of homework i need to do.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I think i made the decision I will be buying a 50th anniversary Corvette with 16k. Hopefully by the end of the Summer I can pick it up. I couldn't beat the deal for 15k.

000056-200406-000009big.jpg

I was looking at 08's on the lot and I called a relative that has one and she said don't buy it i will sell you mine. I drove the car before and I know its been taken care of very well. I wrote the check on the 4th and drove the car around. I just need to do the paper work and get a car hauler and bring her home. I think this will fill the gap and replace the camaro. Plus Kim loves the red and that the roof glass is removable.

So I feel pretty good about it.

I'm going to support whatever decision you make.

Can I have a Lucerne CXL? Just tell your wife the car you chose cost 30K more than it actually does.

:P

I did own a DTS for a couple months, I loved it but, It didn't have a soul. Also I have always said to my self I'm not in that societal bracket to drive a nice car and lately i have been thinking a lot and said, "Why, I have the money, I have the passion, I should be behind the wheel not some guy that doesn't care about the car and drives it only based on the fact that it costs a lot."

One thing I did do right when i was young is had a good father and Banker that told me to save and such. Last Year I got a really good stock broker too. I have a 7 digit bank statement which i am very proud of but, I don't realize it. Right Now i plan that for the rest of my life I have 34K to spend a year plus i get a nice pension of 21K a year and health and stuff covered by a union. And I get my VA package and Pension from Uncle Sam. I'm Very happy with life at the moment and my retirement.

Cadillac has nothing in its stable that i want besides a last gen V but I hate GM's Sticks its like they take a truck gearbox and put a sporty handle on it and call it a day. I Love GM but, The G8 doesn't have that edge over manufacturers like Audi and Mercedes Benz. I want a Luxury sports car or sports/supercar. I have been thinking Noble M12. I would Kill to have a CCX from K-eeg. I want that more than anything in the world. I will never have a BMW in my driveway EVER! I make my buddy with his M5 park across the street. Never liked the F430 or the 599. Lambos dont do anything for me either. Yes, I know I'm picky. I will have to see how this week goes.

I Love classics but I would want to do the restoration which i don't have the itch for. I hate people that pay a show to restore cars for them. I mean it should be a labor of love that you develop with a car. Thats why the car means so much. If you buy a "store bought" 69 Camaro theres no sentiment its just another car. Plus when you have a new car things work. The caprice is getting old this week i have to put new fuel lines in it then call up the junkyards for a steering column.

Any Suggestions?

maybe I'm just crazy...

I'm working my way through the thread.....but surprised so far no mention of the 335i Coupe!

I like both the S5 and the 335i Coupe....but I think if I absolutely had to pick, it would be the BMW. I think it's slightly prettier (I am not crazy about the rear part of the roofline and c-pillar treatments on the Audi) and as nice as a V8 can be, I think the twin-turbo I-6 is the ticket. If I remember, car mags put the performance of the 335i Coupe right neck-and-neck with the S5 (it's lighter), fuel economy should be better, and fully-equipped, you are looking at around $5K - $6K less.......

Maybe you want Quattro for Michigan winters.....but there's also a 335xi Coupe....or do you really need AWD? I drove a last-gen Camaro though MI winters when going to school there and never had a problem?

:scratchchin:

I hate BMW's with a passion they make me ill when i look at them. I don't know why.

Today I went and test drove it while I went to go get the title transferred and stuff., Since its down in South Lyon right now. Man Insurance is going to kill me! but i think i made a mistake I took it on the I 96 and I was in 6 th and I felt like i was going pretty fast and i looked down at the HUD and I was doing 142. This Car is going to get me in trouble. But its fun when you turn the suspension to sport and T/C off. Oh Boy... Glad I didn't get an R8 cause i would have killed myself in it.