Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

Spy Shots: Chevy Cruze shows off its interior

37 posts in this topic

chevycruzeint_lg.jpg

We've got a bit of a wait ahead of us in the United States, but if this interior photo does indeed show the Chevy Cruze's passenger compartment, then maybe it'll be worth it. TheCaranatic.com doesn't tell the source of the image, the Daewoo logo on the wheel indicates that it was probably snapped in South Korea, where the car will be produced for the European and Asian markets. As for the interior itself? Well, based on the photo it looks top-notch, blending a lot of Opel Insignia with dashes of Chevy Malibu to create a very pleasant driver's environment. This is promising.

Source: Autoblog

Looks very nice...I see a strong Acura and Honda look to the design.

...and by the time we get it, people will complain about how dated it looks. <_<

looks good. it just seems that designers love to put tons of buttons in the center stack.

how do people like the "3 spoke" wheels? i've not driven one, but i just tend to like to let my hand rest in the center bottom when it's lazy driving.

Very nice. Looks much more expensive than GM's current small car interiors.

That's more like it. They are ready to challenge the Civic.

I count 356 buttons. The Daewoo logo makes me sick. Overall, it of course looks more modern than the Cobalt/G5. I like it.

A pretty good-looking interior. Should be close to the top of the class, if it gets here in time.

Looks fantastic! I love it!

Still hate the name.

I like it! Very attractive and upscale... if this is the direction GM is going with small-car interiors, I have no doubt GM can make a luxury Buick compact to compete with S40, TSX, etc...

looks good. it just seems that designers love to put tons of buttons in the center stack.

how do people like the "3 spoke" wheels? i've not driven one, but i just tend to like to let my hand rest in the center bottom when it's lazy driving.

Then you're just lucky no-one has forced you to make an emergency maneuver while you where being "lazy". You may not cause an accident, but you're a sitting duck if someone else does. If anything GM has an obligation to make it difficult for you to keep doing that.

I like it! Very attractive and upscale... if this is the direction GM is going with small-car interiors, I have no doubt GM can make a luxury Buick compact to compete with S40, TSX, etc...

Isn't that what the 9-3 is for? I'm not sure if Buick needs one especially if GM does Cadiilac/Buick/Saab dealerships?

Isn't that what the 9-3 is for? I'm not sure if Buick needs one especially if GM does Cadiilac/Buick/Saab dealerships?

Exactly why the Buick oughta be an Alpha and not a Delta.

Exactly why the Buick oughta be an Alpha and not a Delta.

But then it competes with the Cadillac Alpha...

If the Cruze is this nice I assume the Astra will be amazing... plenty good enough to compete with those other cars. If anything, Buick should get a SWB EPII sedan that's slightly bigger than the S40, the 9-3 could be smaller on DeltaII and the 9-5 bigger on EPII LWB... I guess the LaCrosse/Invicta and 9-5 will just have to be cross-shopped sometimes.

I don't care unless I will see this at Chevrolet dealerships in 2009.

Looks very nice. Let's see if GM can get the timing and details right.

2011, I thought?

It's not overlap in a segment if they're targeting different buyers. A premium/luxury compact in Buick guise would be extremely different in features, performance, and style than a Scandinavian inspired Euro-sport compact from SAAB.

As you know, there's more to a car than length, doors, and platform. You can even take the current offerings and realize what I'm talking about... a 9-3, Aura, & G6 all sitting side-by-side on a showroom floor would appeal to different buyers... even as potentially overlapping as a 9-3 convertible and a G6 convertible might appear to be. They're completely designed and tuned for a different market/buyer despite sharing the same platform.

I really hope a Pontiac version will have its own complete front and rear ends, along with interior, instead of the grille, carbon-fiber dash trim and taillights differences of today's G5. It deserves the same differentiation that set the Sunfire apart from the Cavalier... is that asking too much? I know it didn't cost much atall for GM to make the Sunfire a worthwhile alternative to the Cavvy.

How about Pontiac getting the sportier version next time around.

RE: TSX/9-3 etc competitor, I'm not sure a smaller platforméshorter wheelbase than the current 9-3 could pull it off well. I suppose anything is possible if they sink enough money into the suspension components.

right. GM get off your ass and get this car here now.

make the ecotec turbo an option please.

that really is an awesome interior, kudos!

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0