Bimmer325

'07 Escalade Exposed

89 posts in this topic

Side shot exposes the long-rumored Sixteen-style vent. I'd say Buick's portholes are safe.

Posted Image

Front shot is extremely small.

Posted Image

the lights look they came off an SRX...they may be slightly taller though it seems...

Not to mention, the majority of changes will happen on the inside.

[post="36426"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

i link that pictures yesterday

Front shot is extremely small. 

Posted Image

[post="36417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Now I'm scared.

Notice that piddly GM badge next to the Escalade wording. Just get rid of that BS already.

Okay, so the real question: how much DIFFERENT will the Caddy interior be from the cloned Chevy/GMC cousins? Hope to god not just like now, with some Caddy specific wood, chrome, and that's all she wrote. HOPEFULLY, the new Escalade will really FEEL like a vehicle worth the $55k+ asking price, and not just like a tarted up cheap Chevy with some nice parts and a crazy sticker--then again, that seemed to sell well regardless. :rolleyes:

Okay, so the real question: how much DIFFERENT will the Caddy interior be from the cloned Chevy/GMC cousins?  Hope to god not just like now, with some Caddy specific wood, chrome, and that's all she wrote.

HOPEFULLY, the new Escalade will really FEEL like a vehicle worth the $55k+ asking price, and not just like a tarted up cheap Chevy with some nice parts and a crazy sticker--then again, that seemed to sell well regardless. :rolleyes:

[post="36475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I have confidence it will be. I can't believe people bought them at that price with the interior they had--granted it was nicer than the other versions (Chevy, GMC, etc), but c'mon, in a $55K vehicle, it was shameful!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I can't wait to see what the "granite package" is! :)

I have confidence it will be.  I can't believe people bought them at that price with the interior they had--granted it was nicer than the other versions (Chevy, GMC, etc), but c'mon, in a $55K vehicle, it was shameful!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I can't wait to see what the "granite package" is! :)

[post="36479"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, REALLY. Even if it DID have a lot more power than a Navigator, for instance, sitting in the Lincoln and then sitting in the Caddy is like entering a completely different planet, and NOT a good one. For that reason alone, I could never imagine laying down the $$$ for such a nice looking, but cheap-ass Chevy feeling truck.

Then again, on "another" board specifically catered to Cadillac's and their owners, a LOT of current gen owners already despise the '07 Escalade. Makes not a bit of sense to me, other than a few of the exterior style comments (but even for that--we still haven't all seen the full thing), but a LOT of them are actually complaining that they like the current interior more than the, and I quote, "Sissy, Passat-copied interior" in the Tahoe/Yukon they've seen so far.

Had a little posting debate with one person, to see just exactly if he could explain how the el-cheapo Chevy work truck parts throughout his '03 Escalade were BETTER in his opinion, and still never got an answer that made sense.

Ahh, who cares. The rappers will still love them! Edited by caddycruiser

LOve the outside Mirror and turn signal. I think its Sweet.

Yeah, REALLY.  Even if it DID have a lot more power than a Navigator, for instance, sitting in the Lincoln and then sitting in the Caddy is like entering a completely different planet, and NOT a good one.  For that reason alone, I could never imagine laying down the $$$ for such a nice looking, but cheap-ass Chevy feeling truck.

Then again, on "another" board specifically catered to Cadillac's and their owners, a LOT of current gen owners already despise the '07 Escalade.  Makes not a bit of sense to me, other than a few of the exterior style comments (but even for that--we still haven't all seen the full thing), but a LOT of them are actually complaining that they like the current interior more than the, and I quote, "Sissy, Passat-copied interior" in the Tahoe/Yukon they've seen so far.

Had a little posting debate with one person, to see just exactly if he could explain how the el-cheapo Chevy work truck parts throughout his '03 Escalade were BETTER in his opinion, and still never got an answer that made sense.

Ahh, who cares.  The rappers will still love them!

[post="36482"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The GMT-800's dash always reminded me of a TV dinner tray.

I was expecting the front to have taller, thinner headlights, but it appears they are very similar to that of the Yukon. I do like the integrated turn signals on the mirrors, they look well done and very detailed. I'm guessing it is more angular than what can be seen in the tiny front pic, so I'm hoping it doesn't look so similar to the Yukon. It appears they used chrome pretty heavily, which I guess is good for the "bling" factor.

Even from just those two pics I can tell it's going to be very nice. Love the intergrated turn signals in the mirror as well.

Am I the only one who is getting this weird Navagator-esque vibe from the side shot from the front door and on back?

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  The Escalade has unique sheetmetal including doors along with it's own interior.  The engine is shared with only the Yukon Denali's and of course it offers the largest wheel/tire combination.  Wait until next Saturday. :AH-HA_wink:

[post="36489"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No offense, but those doors look exactly the same as the tepid Tahoe and Yukon clones. The side vent looks interesting, but the block lettering is exactly the same as Tahoe's, the chrome, or rather bright-insert bodyside moldings look like they're also cut from the same cloth-I'm not impressed with what I'm seeing from these GMT900's so far. GM really needs something daring and groundbreaking, and styling/designwise, these ain't it-they're the polar opposites-they need to shock and not bore like what we see here. Still slightly better than Ford's upcoming Expedition/Lincoln Navigator redo's I bet.

so when are the official pics going to be released?  anyone know?

[post="36618"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This Saturday, November 5th :AH-HA_wink:

No offense, but those doors look exactly the same as the tepid Tahoe and Yukon clones. The side vent looks interesting, but the block lettering is exactly the same as Tahoe's, the chrome, or rather bright-insert bodyside moldings look like they're also cut from the same cloth-I'm not impressed with what I'm seeing from these GMT900's so far. GM really needs something daring and groundbreaking, and styling/designwise, these ain't it-they're the polar opposites-they need to shock and not bore like what we see here. Still slightly better than Ford's upcoming Expedition/Lincoln Navigator redo's I bet.

[post="36545"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm extremely impressed by what I've seen of the Escalade thus far. It seems that even if you've been left less than impressed by some GMT9xx cues*, you'll come to embrace the Escalade. While I can empathise with your sentiments regarding "daring" and "groundbreaking" products, GM was never going to - and should not have - created a hugely divisive or far-out GMT92x. These vehicles are understood to receive evolutionary redesigns. GM will be similarly conservative with the Silverado, et. al. (though the Hummer full-size PU will be out there, true to its heritage).

The financial performance - for better or worse - of General Motors in large part depends upon these vehicles appealing to the maximum amount of buyers. The previous Ford F-150 launch is well remembered in this regard. The C/K's in their last year overtook a radically-designed F-150 in its first full year of production. So while I'm ordinarily with you 100%, in my opinion GM has competently walked that fine line between "just enough" and "too much".

*though the vehicles have grown on me, I've had at various times reservations about: the minivanesque rear; the extent of faux wood on the lower-end models; the headlights and general front-end treatment of the Yukon, the Yukon's copy-cat interior, etc. all-in-all, though, the trucks are great.

I like it.

Though I wish the headlights were more Sixteen than DTS...

[post="36533"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I'm in total agreement. I thought we would see the Sixteen headlights,
not the DTS lights. I'm really disapointed that GM wouldn't make a
bolder statement with the front end design.

I too wanted Sixteen-style lights. :angry:

Sixteen-style lights would be too soft for a truck of this calibre. I like it just fine...It looks like the Escalade is keeping what worked (styling theme) and improving what didn't (interior)

Up til now, when each Cadillac vehicle has been redesigned, its name has been dropped and it is give a three letter disignation. How come the Escalade gets to keep its name? Not that I mind, I'm just curious. It seems out of place with the rest of the vehicle lineup.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor