Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BuddyP

Official production Volt photo's

117 posts in this topic

... over at www.gm-volt.com

Can't seem to get on that site right now... it's swamped I'm sure!

it does kinda have a civic vibe to it.

still looks pretty good though.

is the "exhaust" the back up light?

It looks so much better when GM executives aren't hogging the camera.

That's a sweet interior.

The door cut line is a bit awkward. Not a fan of the rear. Otherwise it looks good. Did GM partner with Apple when making the center stack? :smilewide:

That interior looks fantastic!

I don't like the door cut lines either, I hate it when there's that pit of painted sheet metal above the windows that's still part of the door. But otherwise it looks very nice.

looks great.

I wasn't sold on the look in last week pics but in these I think I like it better then the concept.

definitely an option for our next car

I like how it still has concept style elements like the headlights/foglights and the interior, which looks awesome.

Interesting... they actually seem to have made the wheels directional (side-specific).

That looks SO MUCH BETTER than either Toyota's or Honda's auto's. :D That baby is HOT HOT HOT.

Sadly, I wish they could get it here sooner than Nov 2010. :(

BUT WE ARE IN THE GAME! Go GM!!! GO :P

Interesting... they actually seem to have made the wheels directional (side-specific).

it's so you can customize that look....? hehe

The exterior look pretty good from the front, the back is so-so, but overall it kicks the crap out of the Prius. Interior looks pretty good as well. What's with the gearshift?

It looks so much better when GM executives aren't hogging the camera.

That's a sweet interior.

What are you trying to say about GM executives? Not all of us have a size 60" waist. :smilewide:

I love the interior, however I like the show car exterior more. Yes I know it was as aerodynamic as a Mac Truck, but it had a way cooler image, and isn't that why 50% of the people buy cars, for the image?

In any event if/when I get back to the US, I may even buy one for Mrs. PCS.

shifter?

is it that white thing that looks movable?

Edited by jbartley

Exterior is a bit blah, but the interioir looks good and modern. I just hope it looks modern when you can actually buy one.

Couple of things I noticed from the pics of the interior.

thumb800x800_2863063092_3aa849ed13_o.jpg

1. There are phone answer / hang up buttons on the steering wheel.

2. Next to the phone buttons is a some kind of wheel. With Volume controls next to that.

3. There is no 3.5 mm jack visible in the photos. How do we hook up an iPod/iPhone? Perhaps they've done it right this time an have iPod control in this vehicle?

4. There are record and delete buttons on the center stack. Press release says this is for navigation as well as to record music to it.

5. The center display says 82% charge and 27 miles range. That equals to about 3 miles a percent or 33 mile range on EV, however the press release says 40 miles.

6. The left side of the steering wheel has what appears to be adaptive cruise control.

7. Everything appears to be touch including the door panel controls for the windows and locks.

the interior is a showpiece and a great testament to GM's new design focus. the exterior also showcases this through phenomonal lighting tricks that are unique and go the step above, great surfacing, great lines, great attention to detail. it's not forward thinking enough in concept, in staying true to the concept, and grafting a more aerodynamic shape, it went too far in the direction of Honda and Toyota's current looks on their upscale models. But will people care enough to notice, and will this effect remain once the car is viewed in person in the context of its own unique proportions. it's a job well done, and looks the part of a $30,000 electric propolusion car. GM better figure out how to market this thing, how to make a lot of them, and how to price it around there. they would be stupid not to [i am expecting pure stupidity and bungling on thier part]

finally a small car that is conceptually interesting to look at and mechanically conceptually interesting....from GM!

ITS EASY TO GET EXCITED ABOUT THIS THING!

easily trumps other hybrids on style. GM is in the game in a huge way. love the interior!

Darker colors work much better for the Volt.

QFT

Am I imagining things, or does that white center stack have somewhat of an iPod (i.e., 'techy') look/feel to it?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0