Satty

Alcohol!!!

122 posts in this topic

Alright alcoholics, booze hounds, bums, winos and frat boys, we need an alcohol thread, it just seems like the perfect compliment to our sex thread. I'll start: The $3 bottles of wine they sell at Wal-Mart suck majorly. So whats your drink of choice? What do you avoid like the plague?

Beer is disgusting...carbonated piss is what I liken it to.

I like "girly" drinks...you now, the ones that don't taste like ass.

For my 21st birthday my cousin had me try 15 or so various drink mixes and shots. Some were interesting, like the one he called "chocolate cake"

I like kahlua drinks.

Wine is ok.

I'm not big on alcohol...can't remember the last time I had some.

I don't drink, anything.

I've got a weird collection of cheap booze in my home office mini-fridge. There are some bottles of Bud Light, some Smirnoff Ice Wild Grape and some Michelob Lager. I just found out that Ruby Tuesday sells Yuengling (which I've heard is fantastic) so I'm going to give it a shot.

Yuengling is a local brew. We're proud of it.

I don't know what it is but 2 of the 3 places I've worked for recently had Heineken in their fridge.

Edited by Dodgefan

I may have to request you ship some this way. Yuengling is great, but impossible to find out here. On some rare occasions my buddies will get some care packages sent from other forum buddies out of state, and we will all enjoy a good Yuengling. I even asked the local BevMo and apparently they can't even order it.

I think its been mentioned on C&G before, but they dont distribute out here. We've got one good local brewery, most of their beers are good, but they have a lager that once made me sick.

i'm kinda selective on beer i buy.

wine, semisweet or better for to drink more than a few sips.

mixed drinks...had a few, 7&7 is fairly good, Dr morgan is quite good in ~7:3 ratios or so, some ice. tried sex on the beach from another's cup, it was good. jack and coke is fair.

I'm not a big drinker, but there are some drinks i will pay money for. but i've only gotten sick from drinking 1 time, sorta.

Edited by loki

I like "girly" drinks...you now, the ones that don't taste like ass.

:wink:

That reminded me of this old Kids in the Hall sketch:

Jack Daniels = good

Four Roses = good

Beer = good as long as it's Corona, Guinness, Heineken

Some Portuguese liquers = good

Portuguese wine = superb

I avoid vodka and mixing two or three different drinks as it effs up my stomach

Edited by ZL-1

Long Islands are fantasic. The guy who looked at 5 different types of alcohol and decided to mix them together with a splash of coke deserves a medal. Or oral sex. Or both.

:lol:

:lol:

I dont think he's here yet, so your jaw will be less sore if you just wait til he arrives.

Love Yellowtail white wines. In fact, I love a lot of white wine. Red, not so much. Gives me headaches. I've yet to drink a white wine that didn't taste great with a cigarette.

Belvedere is the best vodka hands down, everything else (yes, even Grey Goose) is undrinkable to me.

Love Bombay Saphire gin.

Southern Comfort? Check. I once christened an entire street block off that stuff.

Jack Daniels Single Barrel is my favorite, but I'll drink Maker's Mark on occasion.

Tortuga rum is amazing, as is the rum liqueur. God I miss the Cayman Islands.

Mixed drinks? Love the Long Island. I'm also a fan of variations of it, like instead of the coke, a splash of 7up and Chambord (or just Chambord). Is there a name for this?

Belvedere is the best vodka hands down, everything else (yes, even Grey Goose) is undrinkable to me.

Give Stoli Elite a try, or Jean Marc XO...

Both among the more expensive bottles of Vodka, but they are both very good...Easily the best Vodkas I have tried.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a good, relatively inexpensive (around $100 or less) Cognac?

I'm looking for something to pair with a Camacho triple maduro, or Partagas black label...

Edited by Nick

Stoli? Yech. Haven't heard of the other one, but anything with XO gives me pause. How about this, I'll try it if I see it?

No idea on the cognac, sorry.

Stoli? Yech. Haven't heard of the other one, but anything with XO gives me pause. How about this, I'll try it if I see it?

Definitely don't pass on the stoli. I'm not much for regular Stoli either, but the Elite is very good.

Definitely don't pass on the stoli. I'm not much for regular Stoli either, but the Elite is very good.

We'll file that under the "if I happen to happen upon it" heading, then. I'm really not a vodka drinker though. Really not.

I'm not big on alcohol...can't remember the last time I had some.

I, too, dislike alcohol. I don't know why. I just do. If everyone was like me, Anheuser Busch, Coors and the Napa Valley would have no purpose.

However, I got some bloodwork numbers I didn't like, and the doc gave me 3 months to clean them up. (Actually, they were better from 3 months before that). Therefore, I bought several bottles of red wine at Trader Joe's and, in addition to diet changes, I am now drinking 1 glass of red wine with dinner.

Jim Beam and Diet Pepsi are the drink of choice for me lately. But only at a neighborhood party where I dont have to drive.

I like most stuff other than gin. Bar shots are usually pretty good... beer is ok, but I do get tired of it after a while.

My favorite mixed drink is a shot of vodka and a shot of amaretto mixed with coke, tastes like a Dr. Pepper.

Well, let's see, where to begin? For mixed drinks, I prefer (Bombay Blue Sapphire) gin and tonic. I don't like sweet drinks that much. For beer, I prefer Labatt Ice but this past summer I discovered Bud Light Lime and liked that too. For wine, I like reds and white equally. There are a lot of wineries here in the Finger Lakes area of New York and I like to support the home teams so I try to drink local wines when possible. My favorite white wine is a dry to seim-dry rieslings but un-oaked chardonney is good too. Now, having said all that, I really don't drink a lot. I gave up having headaches and hangovers a very, very long time ago. I also don't like to get drunk because I get really goofy. I'm a far more amusing person when I'm drunk but I don't like to lose control so I don't do that anymore either.

I could give it all up and the only thing I would truly miss, is a nice glass of wine with a good meal.

The ONLY beer I like. I don't drink beer, but whenever I go to one friend's house, he always has a case around.

Everclear straight from the bottle

Nati' Ice

Its always 5 O' Clock some where.

I'm just joking.

Lately Its Bombay Sapphire with anything, I prefer squirt though. and a lot of it.... I need to stop.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor