OH MY GOD

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Camino LS6 @ Apr 16 2009, 10:28 PM) ...And just how often do you see kids playing outside? Riding bikes? Running?

This "obesity epidemic" is really a " sitting on your ass epidemic".

Five pages later, there's the answer.

Another reason to kill your TV.

We do without a functional TV set for just that answer...

We went to the mall today to check something out. In addition to all the fat people, there were a lot of those typical skanky 15 year old girls. My wife and I were at Starbucks and saw a group of 5-6 of them. As we're standing there waiting, Jill said something about half of them probably having herpes, I told her they probably all have herpes, but half of them have probably had abortions. And thus, a fun mall game was born.

Ahhhh, American society. We're f@#ked.

One in four teenage girls has an STD, I think I read somewhere...

Not surprising...I have two teenage daughters...I know how many of their friends sleep around...there are 15 year old girls that get laid more often than the whole C and G family combined...

I ate such a small lunch yesterday (starved) that I stopped by McDonald's and ate a double quarter pounder meal, medium with a diet coke. I had every intention of then heading over to the gym... but there were no parking spaces, so I came home and plopped my butt in front of the computer.

Essentially at C and G we are a bunch of mildly dysfunctional guys who use our computers to escape reality...

I just can't imagine ever making a science of what I eat, I don't get the fascination.

I eat what I want, when I want, and as much as I want.

That's good enough for me.

Works for me, although I'm overweight and your not.

But I enjoy salads, and eat quite a few of them.

I work my ass off to stay somewhat in shape. Non-flabby is what I work for, and I work hard. Problem is, as Camino pointed out, not many people do. My generation has a lower life expectancy than my parents. I kinda like living, I'm willing to work out a bit and not Supersize in order to do it a bit longer.

I keep active and physical, which is about the best I can do right now...but I need to work harder at loosing weight...

If you're already fairly active, a few dietary changes will do wonders pretty quickly. Replace carbonated drinks/HFCS with water, tea or real juice,eat smaller portions) and snack on things like grapes instead of chips and candy and you're in better shape in no time.

If you're already fairly active, a few dietary changes will do wonders pretty quickly. Replace carbonated drinks/HFCS with water, tea or real juice,eat smaller portions) and snack on things like grapes instead of chips and candy and you're in better shape in no time.

Actually been doing that and loosing weight. I try to avoid fast food at all costs...

Alas, tending to my crops in Farmville doesn't count as physical activity. :(

About the only physical activity I've had beyond light house cleaning this weekend was taking the string trimmer to cut some weeds in the back yard, checking the air in the tires on the cars, and washing 3 of the dogs.

Too many hours w/ the laptop glued to the the TV & tiVo this weekend...catching up on recent '24', 'Southland', 'South Park', and 'Doctor Who' episodes and the F1 Chinese Grand Prix. It was 96 degrees today, too hot to go outside, I rationalized.. :)

5-HTP is a great herbal anti-depressant. It also helps with appetite control. Find it in the herbal supplement section of your local pharmacy.

Also, if anyone wants the "recipe" to recreate the original ECA stack fat burner that worked so well please PM me. I can tell you personally that YES it works--eliminates your appetite almost completely while providing so much energy it's ridiculous.

5-HTP is a great herbal anti-depressant. It also helps with appetite control. Find it in the herbal supplement section of your local pharmacy.

Also, if anyone wants the "recipe" to recreate the original ECA stack fat burner that worked so well please PM me. I can tell you personally that YES it works--eliminates your appetite almost completely while providing so much energy it's ridiculous.

My wife uses 5-HTP and it works so well its almost silly, both for weight and for mood.

Sisty-Six is a very happy boy when she's taking this stuff...

Chris

Is it an Amway product?

No, but try it...you will feel much better!

I've heard about the 5-HTP being an anti-depressant, but I hadn't heard of it as appetite control. Can you tell us more about it?

edit: and before you tell me to google it, I am asking about your own experience..... unless you have a blog... then you can tell me to google that. :neenerneener:

Interesting...will have to look into it..as a anti-depressant, I take Cymbalta, used to be on Zoloft. Both are milder than my Prozac-and-vodka days when I was in grad school.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I've heard about the 5-HTP being an anti-depressant, but I hadn't heard of it as appetite control. Can you tell us more about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-HTP

I did not begin taking it for the appetite control properties, but saw that on the non-FDA-approved uses listed on the bottle (herbal supplements are NOT evaluated by the FDA, usually). Anecdotally, it seems to work decently in that capacity as well. I'm happy that it seems to assist in that capacity as I am currently cycling off of the ECA stack for the rest of this week. I was at 180 on 20 March, and now I am at 165. I have not been busting my ass at the gym, either, just walking to class and around the neighborhood a little bit.

Interesting...will have to look into it..as a anti-depressant, I take Cymbalta, used to be on Zoloft. Both are milder than my Prozac-and-vodka days when I was in grad school.

Try it, but again I am not a doctor or anything. It seems to work well, and my mood stabilized within a few days of beginning to take it. Last week was ROUGH, so I'm doing much better now, and no sluggishness or any side effects to report other than a decreased appetite.

edit: and before you tell me to google it, I am asking about your own experience..... unless you have a blog... then you can tell me to google that. :neenerneener:

I got your meaning.

Nice. Losing 3 lbs. a week is about the max doctors recommend someone try for. Losing any more than that rate can start to become unhealthy.

Would be better than gaining 3 lbs a week.

It's taken me 10 years to put on 60 lbs...hoping to take it off in 1/2 that time.

Would be better than gaining 3 lbs a week.

It's taken me 10 years to put on 60 lbs...hoping to take it off in 1/2 that time.

It can be done over a few months, depending on how you go about it. Start now, and you could be there by autumn.

It can be done over a few months, depending on how you go about it. Start now, and you could be there by autumn.

I've been taking walks in the morning and evening every day for a few months now, about 1 1/2 miles per day. Going to be harder to do when it's 115 in July, but I'll be swimming a lot in the pool starting in May when it gets warm enough..

bleh... nah, I read the list of possible side effects on Wiki. I've had intermittent high blood pressure readings, and this HLT-6 stuff is shown to exacerbate it.

Good to know. I always have low blood pressure, which is both surprising and fortuitous since I smoke.

My BP is so low that the machines they have in the drug store say that I should seek medical attention.

Dead. You just are. Admit it. Posting from the grave.

Somehow I always get mine taken right after a road rage incident going to the doctor...and get the eye "um..."

I'm kind of in the market for a good appetite suppressant. I could stand to lose about 5-10lbs. Go ahead and laugh, but as a cyclist, dropping that much weight is like upgrading my current bike to a high end carbon fiber bike. I also could use some of the other effects every now and then.

Any specific brand(s) you recommend that work better than others?

How long after you start taking it do you feel its effects?

What dosage did you require specifically to achieve the weight loss - recommended dosages seem to be over the map, and I dont want to take any more than I have to.

I'm kind of in the market for a good appetite suppressant. I could stand to lose about 5-10lbs. Go ahead and laugh, but as a cyclist, dropping that much weight is like upgrading my current bike to a high end carbon fiber bike. I also could use some of the other effects every now and then.

Any specific brand(s) you recommend that work better than others?

How long after you start taking it do you feel its effects?

What dosage did you require specifically to achieve the weight loss - recommended dosages seem to be over the map, and I dont want to take any more than I have to.

I've just noticed decreased appetite. My main weight loss was from ECA Stack. The bottle I got from Rite Aid is 100mg, take it twice daily, looks like the following (but 100mg): http://www.amazon.com/5-HTP-100mg-Time-Release-tab/dp/B001JD9DMI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1271741223&sr=8-5

Edited by Croc

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll see your American Mall and raise you one Midwestern water park. Awful, just awful.

That mental image just caused me to dry-heave. Farmer tans, stretch marks, outies and piggy people...oh god so f@#king foul!!!!!!!!!!

Funny coincidence: we were talking about this obesity plague last night with a couple of Americans that live here in Sevilla :lol:

Yeah, well in Spain you have to deal with the gorgeous women epidemic. Jackass. :P

:lol: Yeah, this place's too good!