OH MY GOD

Well I can't tell you the last time I've been to an American Mall, but my daughter wanted to go so we all went.

I definitely have come to the conclusion that Americans are the fattest people on the face of the earth.

People should not wear jeans when they are as wide as they are tall ... :smilewide:

And wearing sweatpants just screams "I've Given UP"! :P

What I experienced tonight was the most bizarre sights and smells I've have seen in a long long time ... My eyes, my eyes ... :unsure:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey...f@#k you. jeans will never be as comfortable as sweat pants. With that said, I only wear sweatpants around the house, when I'm working, or when I need to run to the store and don't give a $h!.

Of course that's only when it's too cold for shorts. :P

On the bright side, they're going to have to pay for 2 seats on some airlines.

The girlfriend and I were connecting through there to Las Vegas and had to wait while they got more seatbelt extenders from the airport, since they didn't have enough of them on the plane for all the larger people.

Do any of you aviation nuts know how large you have to be to not fit in the normal seatbelt? My estimate is at least a 45 inch waist.

Well I can't tell you the last time I've been to an American Mall, but my daughter wanted to go so we all went.

I definitely have come to the conclusion that Americans are the fattest people on the face of the earth.

People should not wear jeans when they are as wide as they are tall ... :smilewide:

What I experienced tonight was the most bizarre sights and smells I've have seen in a long long time ... My eyes, my eyes ... :unsure:

Last I heard, Europeans smell worse than americans...

And maybe you guys could put on some weight if the EU didn't regulate your damn food so much. God forbid you're ever allowed to have the freedom to decide for yourself.

On a serious note, I actually dread the day that I have to fly. Most people say that I will not fit in a coach seat... I guess that's what being in the top 1% of america (size-wise) gets me :P

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I avoid the mall like the plague.

They just completely redid our mall and it is really quite nice now, but I still avoid it. I only go for the new Muvico theater, and probably for the new Ruth's Chris steak house they are opening...I've heard good things.

Whenever I go to actually buy clothes I usually last a couple minutes in a store before I get frustrated, pissed off, and then leave. I just can't get anything done at the mall.

>>"I'm not fat, but it seems to me that people have way too much to say about those who are."<<

Agreed. Strangely, no one seems to equate unilateral "fat America" comments with having a fat mouth.

I hate shopping- I treat it like a Navy Seal mission : in, secure target, get out.

Tolerable clothes shopping experience: 10 minutes.

And why is it always so damned hot in there ??

I'm not fat, but it seems to me that people have way too much to say about those who are.

You'd think that they were all terrorists or something.

Didn't you know that if you're not homogenous now you don't fit in?

It's the NWO of discrimination. You're not "cool" unless you fit a certain demographic.

>>"I'm not fat, but it seems to me that people have way too much to say about those who are."<<

Agreed. Strangely, no one seems to equate unilateral "fat America" comments with having a fat mouth.

What's funny is that in some food deprived societies, 'fat' people are considered high class because they have the means to survive. Therefore, the fatter you are, the more desirable you are.

I hate shopping- I treat it like a Navy Seal mission : in, secure target, get out.

Tolerable clothes shopping experience: 10 minutes.

And why is it always so damned hot in there ??

I love shopping!

(FOG lets his metrosexual side show a little)

Of course, given my degrees, I REALLY enjoy people watching. The only exception is in my hometown where every methed up redneck I see wants to fight me because I'm bigger than them. (If I had a dollar for every jackass in a TapouT shirt that stared me down, I'd be able to afford a new Camaro SS)

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

I'm not big into clothes shopping. I like to go it, find what what I need. Try it on to make sure it fits, and get out.

However I do enjoy shopping at electronics stores, Sears, Home Depot, auto parts stores and such. I like to browse Tagret because I find they have an interesting array of items, and the items they carry tend to put a new spin on an boring concept...such as kettles.

I do some clothes shopping online, like shoes from Zappos and occasionally shirts from the Gap or Dillards. Though I usually prefer to shop for my staples (khakis, jeans, button down shirts, polo shirts) in person, esp. w/ pants (not all 38/32s fit the same way).

As far as wearing sweats in public, I avoid it, though I will occasionally on the weekend roll through the Starbucks drive thru in a pair of black sweat pants and matching hoodie (or my blue U of Michigan sweats), covered in dog hair.. :) I draw the line at getting out of the car and going in a place in sweats..just looks slovenly, IMHO, esp. when I'm unshaven and haven't taken a shower yet (like at 7am on a Saturday).

As far as shopping in general, I do enjoy trolling the aisles at Target, Fry's Electronics, Borders, Best Buy, and my local grocery..I like Ace Hardware and Home Despot also.

Edited by moltar

Yes, because you're so perfect.....

Not at all.... but I also don't eat a triple bacon whopper with cheese, a bucket of fries, and wash it down with a gallon of cola just because I can.

We as a society have lost the ideas of moderation, self control, and self responsibility.

"It's not my fault I'm obese, it's those McDonald's cheeseburgers that are so so good!"

"It's not my fault I'm obese, McDonald's fries their fries in fat."

"It's not my fault I'm obese, McDonald's increased the size of the medium fries and it's only 35 cents more for the large... it's such a good deal!"

"It's not my fault I'm obese, the only time AmericanIdolWantstobeaMillionairebystudyingLawandOrdertobeaSurvivoronCSI:Miami is on are the 7 hours after I get home from work so I really don't have time to exercise."

Not at all.... but I also don't eat a triple bacon whopper with cheese, a bucket of fries, and wash it down with a gallon of cola just because I can.

We as a society have lost the ideas of moderation, self control, and self responsibility.

"It's not my fault I'm obese, it's those McDonald's cheeseburgers that are so so good!"

"It's not my fault I'm obese, McDonald's increased the size of the medium fries and it's only 35 cents more for the large... it's such a good deal!"

"It's not my fault I'm obese, the only time AmericanIdolWantstobeaMillionairebystudyingLawandOrdertobeaSurvivoronCSI:Miami is on are the 7 hours after I get home from work so I really don't have time to exercise."

That wasn't towards you...

The only exception is in my hometown where every methed up redneck I see wants to fight me because I'm bigger than them. (If I had a dollar for every jackass in a TapouT shirt that stared me down, I'd be able to afford a new Camaro SS)

I could write an essay about 'Tapout' wearing douchebags. <_<

How is someone else's weight any of your business? It's not like you are feeding them. :nono:

How is someone else's weight any of your business? It's not like you are feeding them. :nono:

It's my business if I have to look at it in too-tight clothing, it spills onto my airplane seat, it gets subsidized by my health insurance, it gets subsidized by my tax dollars through disability claims, and when I have to pay an extra $25 to check a second bag at the airport. It's called "public health" because it is a concern of the public--and each member of the public contributes to the aggregate statistics.

I'm certainly not perfectly in shape, either, but I've lost 8 inches on my waist since I decided I was tired of being overweight and was going to do something about it. 4 years ago I was 214 lbs, wore a size L and 36" waist. Now I'm a 28/30 waist, wear size S or XS, and weigh about 155. And I don't even recognize myself in really old photos. It's awesome, and I highly recommend taking health seriously to anyone I can.

It's my business if I have to look at it in too-tight clothing, it spills onto my airplane seat, it gets subsidized by my health insurance, it gets subsidized by my tax dollars through disability claims, and when I have to pay an extra $25 to check a second bag at the airport. It's called "public health" because it is a concern of the public--and each member of the public contributes to the aggregate statistics.

I'm certainly not perfectly in shape, either, but I've lost 8 inches on my waist since I decided I was tired of being overweight and was going to do something about it. 4 years ago I was 214 lbs, wore a size L and 36" waist. Now I'm a 28/30 waist, wear size S or XS, and weigh about 155. And I don't even recognize myself in really old photos. It's awesome, and I highly recommend taking health seriously to anyone I can.

Wow Croc you're a small guy. How tall are you?

5'10"

The XS shirt size is only from Lacoste, because Europeans don't do the whole "self-esteem sizing," and converting to standard American sizes means I get a men's XS sometimes...they go down to 2XS, so I'm not tiny.

Edited by Croc

That's impressive..I'd like to get that thin again..when I was 18, I was 155lbs, at 28, 185lbs, and now at 38, I'm 235. 6'0". Too sedentary, too much sitting on my duff in front of a computer or the tv. My mountain bike has flat tires. Arggggghhh...

And the corollary of that all is the 'sue'em all' mentality. Because the notion of individual responsibility has practically gone down the drain, not only in the US but everywhere. It's disgusting...

Edited by ZL-1

This is precisely the sort of collective thinking that offends me so much.

The sort we all should leave behind.

Freedom is messy and imperfect - get used to it.

Or surrender it.

This is precisely the sort of collective thinking that offends me so much.

The sort we all should leave behind.

Freedom is messy and imperfect - get used to it.

Or surrender it.

The push to surrender to uniformity is on. Under the guise of freely expressing one's self.

Because they force their girth in front of my eyes, so I will comment on it. One study suggests 86 percent of Americans will be overweight or obese by 2030. The health care costs attributable to obesity and overweight are expected to more than double every decade. So yeah, I am paying for their bad habits in higher Health Care cost. As for feeding them, from what I saw, I'm not sure I could afford to feed them, even on my salary ... :scratchchin: