Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Drew Dowdell

Chevrolet Cruze has been delayed

55 posts in this topic

Chevrolet Cruze has been delayed

2011_chevy_cruze2.jpg

General Motors Co. has decided to push back by about three months the launch of a critical new small car for its Chevrolet brand, a spokesman said.

The auto maker had been aiming to launch the Chevrolet Cruze next April, but the company is pushing the launch back until at least July. GM spokesman Klaus-Peter Martin said the move is "to ensure a flawless launch" and make sure the Cruze debuts with an array of available options, including a variety of fuel-efficient engines.

As slow as GM has been bringing this thing to the States, they should call it Camaro Jr.

If they are doing it to get it right then do it.

Also, remember the other article today where the transaction prices of the Cobalt are improving? Well, the longer you sell that car the better it is for profits. New car = taking some hit in the beginning on a lot of fronts. So maybe they are milking the Cobalt.

If they are doing it to get it right then do it.

Also, remember the other article today where the transaction prices of the Cobalt are improving? Well, the longer you sell that car the better it is for profits. New car = taking some hit in the beginning on a lot of fronts. So maybe they are milking the Cobalt.

I'd bet that is part of it - Cobalt has done better than expected.

Ride the wave for all it's worth till the new bling comes out and the old trusty is relegated to Fleet.

But it is already for sale in other parts of the world, if I'm not mistaken...?

Yes..here's the Cruze configuration website on Chevrolet UK, for example..

Chevrolet Cruze

overstock / decent selling of Cobalts came to my mind immediately. C4C sold a lot, right? ramped up production...now they have alot left on the lots and in inventory.....

My gut tells me that hey are trying to line this up againist the new Civic, which should roll out around the same time......

So you would be right. The engines are going to be key.......

I'd bet that is part of it - Cobalt has done better than expected.

Kinda...granted, they are really going to ride that MPG on TV like crazy.....

1.4 T not out yet?

Apparently not. The UK model has a 1.6, 1.8, and a 2.0 diesel. No 1.4.

overstock / decent selling of Cobalts came to my mind immediately. C4C sold a lot, right? ramped up production...now they have alot left on the lots and in inventory.....

That's nice. I don't want another one.... :alcoholic:

As far as GM models, it's either the Cruze, Cruze Jr., or Cruze Jr. hatch........

My gut tells me that hey are trying to line this up againist the new Civic, which should roll out around the same time......

I hope thats not the line of thinking GM is using, thats just Astra all over again.

I hope thats not the line of thinking GM is using, thats just Astra all over again.

Well, the Civic is the target of any mainstream FWD compact, isn't it? Got to aim at the market leader and try and surpass them. I assume the Euro 3rd gen Focus will also be here in a couple years, and Chrysler will have a compact Fiat sooner or later. The Sentra, Corolla and some Kia and Hyundais are out there also in this space...

Why would you hold a car back to compete with an unknown entity when you could release it to compete with a known (an not universally loved) one?

yes they want to milk the cobalt. also they want to launch the new model closer to traditional model year time frame.

also i bet they have learned some of how cruze design could be faulty and try to fix more of it before launch.

i bet the 1.4 was not supposed to be in the car, now it is, and its not ready in some ways to hit the showroom in april because of it. whether its the line, or problems with the final spec of it, whatever.

Actually, GM has no choice. The have to beat the best, or it is all over.

The Civic IS the car to beat.

Why would you hold a car back to compete with an unknown entity when you could release it to compete with a known (an not universally loved) one?

Because it's time to shake things up.

It should catch people by suprise.....

yes they want to milk the cobalt. also they want to launch the new model closer to traditional model year time frame.

also i bet they have learned some of how cruze design could be faulty and try to fix more of it before launch.

i bet the 1.4 was not supposed to be in the car, now it is, and its not ready in some ways to hit the showroom in april because of it. whether its the line, or problems with the final spec of it, whatever.

:scratchchin:

Taking a car thats ready for sale in the states and holding it back a few months isn't shaking things up.

Taking a car thats ready for sale in the states and holding it back a few months isn't shaking things up.

I take it you haven't seen the new GM ads yet....

it's all about timing......

I ask again, in what way does it make sense to take a car thats ready for sale in the U.S. and hold it from the market? And early production bugs would have already been discovered in Europe, Asia or Africa, so its unlikely there is going to be a mass recall.

As for the suggestion that they want it to go head-to-head with the new Civic, thats just asinine. The Civic has a huge following and has been a top-10 seller for years. The Cruze will be the 3rd name for a Chevy compact this decade, people will say, "I know what a CIvic is, but wtf is a Cruze?" so it would be in GM's best interests to get it here as soon as possible so it can become better known in the market without being overshadowed by any of its competitors.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0