Exclusive Camaro Interior Pictures

Myself & Chris have JUST walked in the door after an amazing two days with General Motors & Camaro enthusiasts. We'll be uploading videos & pictures all day long in our continuing coverage of NAIAS '06.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah...those guages, while I like the idea behind them, seem kindly hard to make out. I think they should rethink how the instruments read. Aside from that, I can't find a problem with the interior! It reminds me of a first gen Camaro....and that's ALWAYS a good thing.

This is the most encouraging sign I've seen yet the GM is moving forward. We don't have to copy the Japanese to be state of the art. There was a time when American design was leading the way, and I believe when you look at this car - especially the interior, you know you are looking at an American car.

I love the design, but I doubt little (if any) of this will make the production model - there's no way that center IP makes it, and there aren't even any airbags. Josh - have you heard how close to the production model this car is?

BTW, in this picture:

Posted Image

Is that a start button next to the HVAC controls? The icon there looks like it's echoed in that orance strip above the center vents. What is that?

Thanks,

-RBB

Really nice . When they want to do something right they can. I cant wait to see it at the Javits Center

GM has always been known for amazing concepts...it's sad they rarely come close to reality...though lately changes have been made as far as bringing concept to reality...take the solstice and aura for example... they were awesome as concepts, and, while toned down a bit, are/will be quite nice as production versions without losing too much from the concept.

is the display abouve the center vents some thing like OEL tech?.... intruments need toned down from the pics...hard to say what they'd be like in life. overall interior A, not A+ mainly cause of the odd intruments

Question: So for anybody who's seen it in person...is the headliner suede!? If it is that'd be awsome! also, the dash looks leather...that would also be very sweet...I love the fuel, oil etc. gauges, but i agree they are kind of hard to read....other than that. What an AMAZING car!

The only reason the gauges have that appearence is because there is a flash going off or so I assume. Im sure dead on from drivers position they are awsome. Finally something different and .......wah wah wah

This interior is striking.

AGREED.

:(:(:( That's it? this is what we have been waiting for? if you guys think this exact car will be built you better wake up, GM did it again come out with a beautiful concept that can't be built, here why

1.look at the steering wheel, where do you suppose the air bag will go? and how nice when the CAMARO emblem kissed your forehead when it deploys.

2. over 79" wide? again i don't think so, that the same as the full size p/u

3. Gauges that you can't read

4. non existant bumpers

5. mirrors that are pretty much useless

6. 21/22" wheels on a factory car

i fully realize this is a concept, but i am wandering what will be left of it when it comes to production, i have owned 5 f-cars over the year, but it looks like my next one will be a Challenger.

Again GM is late to the party.

have a nice day.

Would it not be GREAT if we could see some real BRIGHT WORK like this inside of our cars again! I LOVE IT!!

Even if this was not the Camaro concept I'd say it is an AMZING interior. I love the gauges especially. Retro buit very modern. I love everything about the dash.... the backlightsing is ever-so remeniscent of my '68s.

I can NOT understand why anyone woudl have complaints abotu the gauges & dash???? Is this not the nicest and most 3D dash since the Pre-Nader era?

Even if this was not the Camaro concept I'd say it is an AMZING interior. I love the gauges especially. Retro buit very modern. I love everything about the dash.... the backlightsing is ever-so remeniscent of my '68s.

I can NOT understand why anyone woudl have complaints abotu the gauges & dash???? Is this not the nicest and most 3D dash since the Pre-Nader era?

"And that, kids, is why drugs and alcohol are bad for you." :D Sorry, just had to as it fit.

I'm sick of this negativity.... fut the nuck shup!

Damn-it the Solstice, Corvette/Z06, STS-V and CTS-V have all translated to production with amazing results.

I'm sick of the bitchin. I've been saying since 1998 that GM needs to go a retro-1st gen Camaro ASAP, now after all you collective negativity, a 4 year "hiatus" and all the otehr negatie bull$h! hurting GM the last thing we need is this "not all that it's cracked up to be" stuff.

I wanted '69 style wheel arches/sped lines. Gm did not put ther there... so waht bif effin deal.... I'm not goint to cry about it.

This car represents a turning point for GM. The return to Pony cars and affordbale RWD 4 passnger cars, and as perhaps more importainlty AMAZING styling the likes of which we have not seen since Mitchell & Earl have led GM design.

Plus it's a hardtop!!! WE have not have a hardtop from GM or any otehr American car manufacturer since 1975ish. Damn it the lack of a B-pillar alone makes it worth buying.

I can not beleive we're hearing complaints about this car. Jeezus. Go buy a Camry and join the Toyota club of America. :P

I'm sick of this negativity.... fut the nuck shup!

Damn-it the Solstice, Corvette/Z06, STS-V and CTS-V have all translated to production with amazing results.

I'm sick of the bitchin. I've been saying since 1998 that GM needs to go a retro-1st gen Camaro ASAP, now after all you collective negativity, a 4 year "hiatus" and all the otehr negatie bull$h! hurting GM the last thing we need is this "not all that it's cracked up to be" stuff.

I wanted '69 style wheel arches/sped lines. Gm did not put ther there... so waht bif effin deal.... I'm not goint to cry about it.

This car represents a turning point for GM. The return to Pony cars and affordbale RWD 4 passnger cars, and as perhaps more importainlty AMAZING styling the likes of which we have not seen since Mitchell & Earl have led GM design.

Plus it's a hardtop!!! WE have not have a hardtop from GM or any otehr American car manufacturer since 1975ish. Damn it the lack of a B-pillar alone makes it worth buying.

I can not beleive we're hearing complaints about this car. Jeezus. Go buy a Camry and join the Toyota club of America.  :P

"And that, kids, is why drugs and alcohol are bad for you." :D Sorry, just had to as it fit, again.

im with you sixty! cant people just be happy that there even was a camaro concept instead of nit picking every detail. i mean seriously c'mon fellas there is no car that is gonna make u 100% happy there will always be something you dont like but you gotta see the over all signifigance of this car

and...... ahem ahem if you call that crap from toyota that we saw at the auto show like the fine-t "moving forward" i dread the future

I'll be happy... when everybody stops acting like this is the single most important car in the world and realize other people might... just might... have different tastes than them. Listening, Sixty8? Call me when Pontiac makes another ME Fiero... I want to know how it feels, if I don't die of old age first.

I'll be happy... when everybody stops acting like this is the single most important car in the world and realize other people might... just might... have different tastes than them. Listening, Sixty8? Call me when Pontiac makes another ME Fiero... I want to know how it feels, if I don't die of old age first.

yea...i dont see the big deal anyways...

it's really the flash making everything look grey instead of black that is throwing you guys off. it is one of the nicest concept interiors I've seen. Lutz said all the billet won't be in the production version. i assume that means the gold metal too. However even if they just make it aluminim trim on black it'll be hot. the shifter, hvac, stereo controls will all be different I'm sure, but the gauges/dash will prob look a lot like that.

It just that we have been waiting for so long, i was expecting a more closer to production than this "thing".

GM is in trouble and they need to get going on new product that we can buy, not dream about, how come Dodge did it? and GM can't, i am not waiting 2 years to see a production (narrowed by 6") before buying my next car.

I absolutely LOVE the exterior, and I couldn't possible dislike the interior any more.

Then again, I am much more for conservative designs... I'm one of those losers who likes things to be a little more on the bland side :P

I like the interior...even with flashbulbs going off all over the place, I still like it. I like it so much if I were given the chance, I'd go and put a deposit on one right now (of course it would have to be one hell of a small deposit, but that's beside the point). I know that certain people want a car to fit them, and believe me, even with the negativity seen here (I'm not going to call names because I know that there are cars that everyone wants to see and there are cars that everyone doesn't, its your opinion and you're more than entitled to it), its still a beautiful car, inside and out, I like the gauges, it reminds me of the 1st generation F-bodys, and I've always liked the twin round combi-gauges like that. But I give the whole car a big, fat, "BUILD IT RIGHT NOW OR WE'RE ALL PITCHING A FIT!"

Would it not be GREAT if we could see some real BRIGHT WORK like this inside of our cars again! I LOVE IT!!

The only problem with that is that when your Camaro has been under the sun on a hot day, as soon as you touch the chrome, your skin burns off.

:(  :(  :( That's it? this is what we have been waiting for? if you guys think this exact car will be built you better wake up, GM did it again come out with a beautiful concept that can't be built, here why

1.look at the steering wheel, where do you suppose the air bag will go? and how nice when the CAMARO emblem kissed your forehead when it deploys.

2. over 79" wide? again i don't think so, that the same as the full size p/u

3. Gauges that you can't read

4. non existant bumpers

5. mirrors that are pretty much useless

6. 21/22" wheels on a factory car

i fully realize this is a concept, but i am wandering what will be left of it when it comes to production, i have owned 5 f-cars over the year, but it looks like my next one will be a Challenger.

Again GM is late to the party.

have a nice day.

<_< I totally disagree with you. In a day when interior Room for us big americans is needed and control, having a wide low slung hot rod of a car is exactly what america wants. Sounds like you been eating to much Rice burner auto crap.

The Width is fine, total control on thr road. I have yet to see many ricer cars or some Europeans that have bumpers, adding that would really be a step back wards. Built into the body like this is just fine. Wheels, why not? nothing wrong with large rims. We know they will have smaller rims on less powerful Camaro's but on the SS this is the right thing to do.

B)