bring_BUICK_back

stop the bs

85 posts in this topic

I would take a foreign made brand over any day over these poorly made pos american cars. They are built buy lazy unionized workers who could care less if the part they put in is right. At least the Asisns have good work ethics and you people would find any reason to bad mouth these cars. At least Toyota didn't neeed the government to come in and bail them out.

A troll in our midst?

You should buy a Cadillac CTS. They are entirely roboticly assembled. Robots aren't unionized.

Not unionized...for now. I'm concerned about when they rise up against us (i.e. when Skynet comes online). :)

Weren't you the one upset with Buick not getting enough products when Saturn was favored? Now since your favorite brand is having a second coming in US, you are abandoning it? Yay to patriotic mentality?

Someone must have conveniently glazed over the premature frame rot issues Toyota is having with its not very old trucks, the acceleration issues, the probe launched on the new Prius' braking system, that Toyota led all automakers last year in recalls, that Toyota has been getting help from Japanese government for years....

Scion XD Fuel economy is about the same as a Mini Cooper S...and the cooper S has about 50 horsepower on the scion.

Methinks Toyota is actually falling behind the europeans and americans in terms of engeneering!

Chris

Good question Nick!

Chris

In the context of all that's been in the news this year about Toyota in the US, I found this slogan from a video about their new Indian-market Etios to be ironic--

"Toyota--the global Quality standard"

Etios

You sure that it wasn't toyota-Built To a Third World Quality standard?

Chris

You sure that it wasn't toyota-Built To a Third World Quality standard?

Chris

The video also said 'First for India. Then for the world'. Toyota. Still planning world domination.

You people are just biased. Foreign cars for years have always had a better relibility then american. Yes I like Buicks and they are good cars. But fact is fact and american cars are not built to the same quality as a forgien brand.

You people are just biased. Foreign cars for years have always had a better relibility then american. Yes I like Buicks and they are good cars. But fact is fact and american cars are not built to the same quality as a forgien brand.

Do you have any facts to back that up, or do you just mindlessly accept what other people tell you?

2 threads down from this one is a post about Toyota leading all manufacturers for recalls this year, not exactly a sign of premium quality.

...in all honety....I'll hav to disagree. Used to think for awhile like you do now, but my friend David bought an SVT Ford Focus back in 2003. That car convinced me that American carmakers are getting back on the right track. Thinking a Focus or Cruze may very well replace my current Toyota/Scion 2005 xB as our next family car.

...and I'm not baised against foreign cars. Ask the guys here...I race a Miata...which is built in Hiroshima Japan.

But I do think American cars really are worth a serious look. Just test drove a Focus in fact...VERY good car. My only fear with it is the bs I'll get here from my friends on the GM forum if I buy one. But the upcoming Cruze looks very good also.

Chris

...and one serious question...not to be offensive...but are you sober when your posting this?

Chris

Who needs facts when geniuses like this have opinions.

Did you eat paint chips as a kid?

How many '85 Toyotas do you still see on the road? Very few.

How many '85 GM do you still see on the road? They're beat to hell but you'll still see them regularly

Fact is, Toyota didn't know how to make a car that wouldn't rust into the ground after one north east winter until the 1992 Camry came out. They had one good run with that body style and then the sludge issues started on the next body. The body following that had transmission issues and sudden acceleration issues.

Honda never bothered to even offer a V6 in the Accord till the mid 90's. Once they did they found that their new 5-speed auto couldn't handle the torque and they had to quietly extend the warranties on the Accord, Odyssey, and TL. My own 2004 Honda CR-V has been garaged it's whole life but still has small rust spots forming around the door hinges at 70k miles. My Avalanche didn't have any rust on it when I got rid of it at 86k miles and it was too big to fit in the garage.

Who needs facts when geniuses like this have opinions.

Says the guy with the...what.. 200k mile Dodge?

2 GM trucks here approaching 200k... oh yeah, and a 33 year-old Chevy wagon.

All regularly used.

Seen any 33 year-old Toyotas?

I have. In grainy, faded photographs.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor