BrewSwillis

Dodge Rampage Concept

47 posts in this topic

Looks like it's a hardtop... cool!

Pretty funky styling but not hideously grotesque like the Ridgeline. I say build it. :)

The Dodge Rampage/Plymouth Scamp and Volkswagen Pickup were all FWD attempts at small Ranchero/El Caminos. They were pickups, just like the Ridgeline is today...only the Ridgeline can haul much more than the Rampage/Scamp or VW ever could. One of the biggest reasons why the Ridgeline is a better pickup (aside from the frame, power, five-passenger interior, etc) is the fact that the Ridgeline isn't FWD.

uhhhh, excuse me but the ridgeline IS fwd in is base form. it is based on the same platform as the pilot. fwd or optional awd. and it has no frame, it is a unibody vehicle. i would hazard to guess it will not hold up a whole lot better than the old rampage or rabbit pickup.

uhhhh, excuse me but the ridgeline IS fwd in is base form. it is based on the same platform as the pilot. fwd or optional awd. and it has no frame, it is a unibody vehicle. i would hazard to guess it will not hold up a whole lot better than the old rampage or rabbit pickup.

The Ridgeline is only available with standard AWD and has a frame beneath the Pilot-derived unibody structure.

Pretty funky styling but not hideously grotesque like the Ridgeline. I say build it. :)

"If [the Ridgeline] was a Chevy or GMC or whatever I'd still say it is a huge stinking pile of Cow $hit."

Guess not Dodge... :AH-HA_wink:

maybe it will end up like the 2002 or so dodge maxx cab pickup.....build a little odd concept ad make the changes and ya have a nice puickup. (2002 Dodge Maxxcab>>>>>>>>>>>>>2006 Mega Cab.)

MaxxCab:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did like this one from the front. Beefy.

Rampage looks sportier in profile, but I at least cannot get away from the image the name Rampage conjures up: FWD econo-pickup. Agree about blacking-out the lil quarter-window 'pillar'.

Looks like it shares the same design theme with every other extended cab pickup produced today, a B-pillar built into the door. Nothing to get excited about on this one.

It doesn't look like it has anything new or exciting, but it is a pretty good looking truck, at least by modern Dodge standards. Except one thing.

Posted Image

That little triangle behind the window both confuses and infuriates me.

The Ridgeline is only available with standard AWD and has a frame beneath the Pilot-derived unibody structure.

Thank you. It would have just sounded like me being stubborn.

"If [the Ridgeline] was a Chevy or GMC or whatever I'd still say it is a huge stinking pile of Cow $hit."

Guess not Dodge...  :AH-HA_wink:

Are you implying that this looks exactly like a Ridgeline?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Or perhaps you missread about the Rampage. I'm pretty sure it does not have a retarded list of features like the spare-in-trunk-in-bed B.S.

As I meantioned in the thread you quoted... the Ridgeline has one of THE TOP-3 WORST interiors I've laid eyes on in the 21st century and the exteriro only gets worse. The Mechanicals are nothing short of a joke all the way down to the Honda dealer accessories that look like Lego-peices.

This truck (Rampage) is not perfect and has a few of the same problems but it's not grotesque IMHO.

As usual thanks for wasting my time. :AH-HA_wink:

whoever thought this truck needed FWD is a dumbass.......got beat up by the stupid stick

Not my ideal Rampage, but interesting...

Maybe they are just proving that they can do a FWD HEMI.......for the new SRT-8 Caravan :ph34r:

:lol:

Like mentioned above....maybe the design cues are meant to show what the next Dakota will look like? And I hope so, because the current Dakota is not a beauty.

This one is quite interesting in the sheer number of directions that this vehicle points...

Mini-van styling?

Pacifica Hemi?

Dakota styling?

Storage galore?

Let alone the fact that the only thing I can describe the powertrain is possible "toronado-esque"

Edited by torobud