Dodge Rampage Concept

BrewSwillis

Looks like it's a hardtop... cool!

Pretty funky styling but not hideously grotesque like the Ridgeline. I say build it. :)

The Dodge Rampage/Plymouth Scamp and Volkswagen Pickup were all FWD attempts at small Ranchero/El Caminos. They were pickups, just like the Ridgeline is today...only the Ridgeline can haul much more than the Rampage/Scamp or VW ever could. One of the biggest reasons why the Ridgeline is a better pickup (aside from the frame, power, five-passenger interior, etc) is the fact that the Ridgeline isn't FWD.

uhhhh, excuse me but the ridgeline IS fwd in is base form. it is based on the same platform as the pilot. fwd or optional awd. and it has no frame, it is a unibody vehicle. i would hazard to guess it will not hold up a whole lot better than the old rampage or rabbit pickup.

The Ridgeline is only available with standard AWD and has a frame beneath the Pilot-derived unibody structure.

Pretty funky styling but not hideously grotesque like the Ridgeline. I say build it. :)

"If [the Ridgeline] was a Chevy or GMC or whatever I'd still say it is a huge stinking pile of Cow $hit."

Guess not Dodge... :AH-HA_wink:

maybe it will end up like the 2002 or so dodge maxx cab pickup.....build a little odd concept ad make the changes and ya have a nice puickup. (2002 Dodge Maxxcab>>>>>>>>>>>>>2006 Mega Cab.)

Looks like it shares the same design theme with every other extended cab pickup produced today, a B-pillar built into the door. Nothing to get excited about on this one.

It doesn't look like it has anything new or exciting, but it is a pretty good looking truck, at least by modern Dodge standards. Except one thing.

Posted Image

That little triangle behind the window both confuses and infuriates me.

"If [the Ridgeline] was a Chevy or GMC or whatever I'd still say it is a huge stinking pile of Cow $hit."

Guess not Dodge...  :AH-HA_wink:

Are you implying that this looks exactly like a Ridgeline?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Or perhaps you missread about the Rampage. I'm pretty sure it does not have a retarded list of features like the spare-in-trunk-in-bed B.S.

As I meantioned in the thread you quoted... the Ridgeline has one of THE TOP-3 WORST interiors I've laid eyes on in the 21st century and the exteriro only gets worse. The Mechanicals are nothing short of a joke all the way down to the Honda dealer accessories that look like Lego-peices.

This truck (Rampage) is not perfect and has a few of the same problems but it's not grotesque IMHO.

As usual thanks for wasting my time. :AH-HA_wink:

This one is quite interesting in the sheer number of directions that this vehicle points...

Mini-van styling?

Pacifica Hemi?

Dakota styling?

Storage galore?

Let alone the fact that the only thing I can describe the powertrain is possible "toronado-esque"

Edited by torobud

Could this not be a styling preview of the next Ram or Dakota?

I hope becasue the mechanicals do suck.

Guest YellowJacket894

Front-wheel... wha'?

I'd like to see the truck produced, I mean it's the best truck design to come from Dodge as of late, but... front-wheel drive? Well, it wouldn't be able to tow anything up the grade of a speed bump - even with a Hemi.

Here's what should be done: downsize the Nitro/Liberty platform somewhat and slap 85 percent of the styling on that platform and - bingo! - a cheap, awesome truck with the best styling of any recent Dodge truck hands down.

You know, I actually like it- the design that is.

As far as Chrysler's latest car concepts, I KNOW (and I know others could too) do much better than whoever they're paying.

Edited by MyerShift

I like the front end...it's a better execution of the Dodge grille theme and nose shape than the bloated Ram or Durango..

The front end details look pretty close to that of a production vehicle...I wonder if they have any plans for it...I wonder what the platform is..it's hard to tell the size from the photos.

Edited by moltar

I still don't understand the whole FWD-HEMI thing and if it doesn't look like a Ram/Nitro on the truck side (which this is not-though that styling would be more ideal here) or a Charger/Viper on the car side, its not an ideal Dodge to me.

Squint very hard, and you can see a '93 Dakota Sport in there somewhere.

I haven't seen anything that dissuades me from thinking this is the next Caravan....the Hemi was rumored to go FWD with the Caravan, so why not float the new style here, just to be sure they're not far off for their bread n butter product.

If you compare the spyshots of the Minivans w/ the Rampage, I believe the front half lines up almost perfectly...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...avan-spy-photos

Edited by enzl

omg hahaha ROFL

:rotflmao:

Sorry, I couldn't contain myself.

Dodge Ridgeline? Except with a much manlier name! If I ever were to drive one of these vehicles, I would probably feel an urge to go thrashing through a parking lot running people over screaming out the window RAMPAGE b*tches!!!! (that is until my front wheels get stuck)

Btw, let's not compare the production Ridgeline to the concept of this. This thing will be plenty dumbed down before it hits the showroom (which is a good thing, just look at it, ugh).

:fryingpan:

:hissyfit:

:neenerneener:

Oh this made my day.

I haven't seen anything that dissuades me from thinking this is the next Caravan....the Hemi was rumored to go FWD with the Caravan, so why not float the new style here, just to be sure they're not far off for their bread n butter product.

If you compare the spyshots of the Minivans w/ the Rampage, I believe the front half lines up almost perfectly...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/...avan-spy-photos

Cool... maybe we'll replace the Odyssey with the VW version.

we had a couple of scamps. 72 and 73. i do not remember a scamp pickup truck.

rampage was a chopped dodge omni/plymouth horizon. to compare that to an el camino or the ranchero is way off target.

Guest YellowJacket894

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope, not at all. The front lines are different. Notice how the front of the car in the spypic has a crease in the fender and the Ramapge's are flared.

As for the concept being a powertrain preview for the next Caravan, I think you're right. A V-8 powered Caravan has been rumored since '99, when mules for the current bodystyle were spotted.

But, I don't rule out that the styling previews some truck to possibly compliment the Nitro or the next Dakota. Ever hear that old line that goes "Kill two birds with one stone"?

I still don't understand the whole FWD-HEMI thing and if it doesn't look like a Ram/Nitro  on the truck side (which this is not-though that styling would be more ideal here) or a Charger/Viper on the car side, its not an ideal Dodge to me.

It looks like it is FWD to give them space for making the interior as "minivan-like" as it is with Stow and Go seats and the ability to make a perfectly flat load floor.

Nope, not at all. The front lines are different. Notice how the front of the car in the spypic has a crease in the fender and the Ramapge's are flared.

I just thought the spypic was Chrysler's Voyager/TC & the Rampage is the Dodge, just based on the FWD oriented distance from the cabin to the front wheel centerline...

Guest YellowJacket894

I don't think that the Dodge and the Chrysler will be that much different. I think Chrysler Group will get a case of something called "Temporary Shallow Pocket Syndrome" when it comes to styling differentation on the minivans.

But, who knows? Maybe you're right. I would just rather see this as a real bonafide truck to replace that shameful pug nosed Dakota.

I don't think that the Dodge and the Chrysler will be that much different. I think Chrysler Group will get a case of something called "Temporary Shallow Pocket Syndrome" when it comes to styling differentation on the minivans.

But, who knows? Maybe you're right. I would just rather see this as a real bonafide truck to replace that shameful pug nosed Dakota.

The Dakota is nasty...and the Durango as well....I think MB's inexperience with badge engineering has benefitted the divergent appearance of the LX's (even if they aren't traditionally 'handsome')...I would expect that the Pacifica, Caravan and T&C would be somewhat different, more along the lines of the Caliber, Compass & Patriot....DCX is fully committing to fully flexible manufacturing, which is why I predict Chrysler product coming out of the MB Ala. factory within 7 yrs...

I think the rampage looks great. EVen if they don't build it, let's hope that friend end winds up on the refreshed Dakota or Durango, cuz those front ends suck. I think they should consider building the Rampage though, it looks awesome, it'd be able to compete with both the Ridgeline and to a lesser extent the Avalanche. I thinnk if they do build it, they'd offer AWD as an option or something, perhaps a ystem that splits the power under cornering/acceleration and for towing. It has a lot of good ideas and it's wrapped in a good looking package. I say go for it, and put that ugly-as-sin Ridgeline back in it's place. By the way, for peopel who think the Rampage is wussy cuz the concept was FWD, let's not forget that the Ridline is no man's truck itself. It's ugly, it's based off the Pilot, and it only has a V6. The Rampage would be a good alternative to say, a Dakota or something, like a crossover alternative.

On another note, I think Chrysler has done a great job differentiating it's newer products. Even though you can see the family resemblance, the 300/Magnum/Charger look different enough so that they don't look like clones (like how GM likes do do when it badge engineers).