dirtyvega

Holden Statesmen sedan

38 posts in this topic

VenSeattle    8

OOOHHHH.... nice! :)

It is very Audi-ish as mentioned before, but the first thought that came to mind (at least the front) was Infiniti M-Series.

Camino LS6    866

This is an artist's conception from an Australian Car Mag. It's the WM or long wheelbase Holden. People who have actually seen the car say that it is pretty accurate. Also that it is Audi-like in many ways, especially the interior.

FunkyPig    0

Not long back Lutz made a reference to a 'Buick Statesman', mentioned in the same article as the future of the GTO. I wonder if he meant this car? If he did, it could be in American dealerships inside 12 months (it is ready and in production in only a few months) as it goes on sale in Australia before the end of this year.

Camino LS6    866

Not long back Lutz made a reference to a 'Buick Statesman', mentioned in the same article as the future of the GTO. I wonder if he meant this car? If he did, it could be in American dealerships inside 12 months (it is ready and in production in only a few months) as it goes on sale in Australia before the end of this year.

This is an artist's conception of the car Lutz was talking about, or at least the Holden version. Hopefully, the actual car looks considerably better and the Buick version better than that.

titan    0

All in all, not bad at all. The rear needs to be tweeked, I think. Still, slap a bow-tie on it and you have the next RWD Impala, lol. ;-) The size is definitely right. If this is Zeta, Buick needs more than a few products on it ASAP.

Carguy    20

It seems they--"near luxury/luxury brands" all have the AUDI POINT at the C piller----OR----the BMW DOGLEG KINK!-----WHATEVER HAPPENED TO (((UNIQUE TO THE BRAND STYLEING!!)) Please GM something DIFFERENT ((PLEASE!!))

FAPTurbo    1,077

Wow, it's an Audi, but only with rear wheel drive and better build quality. I dunno, it needs a bit more personality, but then again, maybe the Australian demographic doesn't think so.

Croc    268

I hate this! I hope this is as accurate as your typical C&D rendering...

What's wrong? Primarily, very dated styling from 1998. The trend has been to substantial, more formal rooflines, and this design features spindly, thin C-pillars. The rear is bland, but acceptable, though far too influenced by AUDI. The front is straight off the VW Phaeton. Overall, I've seen this car before, and if the 500/Montego get panned for derivative VW styling a generation late, then so should this.

Overall: D-

Mikko O    0

A nice styling upgrade from the current model. Perhaps we will see a

version for North America.

ZL-1    160

A conservative and risk-free design, but RWD Aussie cars are conservative and risk-free designs.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.