Random Thoughts Thread

Two products that actually have 'good' assembly instructions: Anderson doors and Weber grilles.

Define 'good'. They actually use words?

Actually, no. In my experience, most written directions are translations I-don't-know-how-many-times-over.

Weber has unquestionable, picture-only directions. Just put together the Spirit E-310, zero stumbles.

Since I'm out of a car... I had a minor crash with my vintage bicycle. But the bike is toast. I can't true the wheels, because I've done it so many times already. The hubs are gone, even with prodigious care. The spindle for my bb is pitted, the cups are cracked, and the bearings, while fresh, sit in a little groove created by the old bearings. It's got Shimano Biopace, chainrings and shifters are great though. Buttery smooth shifting; but I think it's time for me to upgrade.

I want this bike:

BBE9F3BE-0905-400C-8879202DF5D7C1C6.jpg

I want to dust off my bike and go riding again.

*looks at my travel schedule*

I wonder if US Airways will let me put it in the overhead.....

How about a 1960s Fatigue Green Nottingham Raleigh with internal 3 Speed fixed Sturmey Archer? Now you're riding in style my friend!

I want to dust off my bike and go riding again.

*looks at my travel schedule*

I wonder if US Airways will let me put it in the overhead.....

How about a 1960s Fatigue Green Nottingham Raleigh with internal 3 Speed fixed Sturmey Archer? Now you're riding in style my friend!

gesundheit

In building teaching material or a course, the mgr should be supplying a list of Learning objectives garnered from the stakeholders, not asking the development team to figure them out and build an outline for the new course from it. Why do some people seem incapable of such common sense!  :facepalm:

In building teaching material or a course, the mgr should be supplying a list of Learning objectives garnered from the stakeholders, not asking the development team to figure them out and build an outline for the new course from it. Why do some people seem incapable of such common sense!  :facepalm:

Because common sense doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Eh, I checked my PMs over there yesterday. The Three Ford Stooges were already back in full swing. I STILL say it's a deliberate effort to drive the place into the ground :D

Update: TAF just posted a series of PMs from one of them. I couldn't believe what he wrote. Pathetic little coward of a kid.

Edited by El Kabong

Eh, I checked my PMs over there yesterday. The Three Ford Stooges were already back in full swing. I STILL say it's a deliberate effort to drive the place into the ground :D

Update: TAF just posted a series of PMs from one of them. I couldn't believe what he wrote. Pathetic little coward of a kid.

Where is that at, I'm not seeing it, but it sounds entertaining.

Their Randon Thoughts thread.

On a possibly related note, has anyone out there ever gotten a PM from a guy where he refers to himself as "the man, the myth, the legend?" And if so, did it make you snicker so hard you spit your coffee out your nose?

Their Randon Thoughts thread.

On a possibly related note, has anyone out there ever gotten a PM from a guy where he refers to himself as "the man, the myth, the legend?" And if so, did it make you snicker so hard you spit your coffee out your nose?

The man, the myth, the legend?

Somehow this cartoon clip springs to mind...

There is a metaphor in there...several of them...and if Im guessing right, good 'ol Wile E. is wearing the perfect suit personifying this legendary figure...and how he slams into the side of the cliff...another metaphor...

• Agree 1

ROFL@Olds TOTALLY nailing it

You know what is REALLY freakin' hill-a-rious? (yes...hill-ah-ri ous)

Is that I can make total fun of this fellow using two different cultures...

His birth culture and his adoptive country's culture...and the kicker...no words from me necessary ...using someone else's artistic linguistic techniques only...

Aesop's words and a Warner Brother's 30 second cartoon clip... :rofl::roflmao:

Edited by oldshurst442

Alot of people in this area have pretty bad taste in appearance modifications.  First the ruined Bullitt and now a Ram Black Express I really like has RAM in huge letters across the tailgate and HMI across the hood in white, REALLY?  The point of the black express is that it is a blackout package as much as the point of the Bullitt was basic good looks (no spoiler, no doglights, and should not be festooned with chrome Bullitt from autozone on each side of the freaking hoodscoop!

• Agree 1

A Toyota Tundra was tailgating me HARD on my way home from work tonight. I tried it all, slowing down, putting a little pressure on the brakes, squirting the wiper fluid, nothing worked. So we're about to come up to a curve then a light. Let's see how well he knows what he's doing. I drop it in fourth and pull away, but he's hard on it behind me. At the top of the hill before the curve I brake and drop it to third, taking the bend at 75 MPH. I see the screwball hit ABS braking for the turn on my rear view mirror. He didn't follow me too close after that.

If he was in SUCH a big hurry, why didn't he pass me the two times he legally could have?

Almost got broadsided at an intersection coming back to work from lunch yesterday...riding in a coworker's sweet modded for offroading '80s Land Cruiser FJ60, he turned legally on a left arrow and some dumbass blew through the red light in a 90s Sonoma...the Sonoma nearly t-boned us, but he swerved and locked up his brakes and missed us by a few feet...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Driving a car without active cruise control after logging 700+ miles in a car with it.... is difficult. 

I want to drive a car with active cruise so bad! I'm just so curious how it actually feels when behind the wheel. I'm an avid cruise control user so the whole active cruise intrigues me.

Driving a car without active cruise control after logging 700+ miles in a car with it.... is difficult. 

I want to drive a car with active cruise so bad! I'm just so curious how it actually feels when behind the wheel. I'm an avid cruise control user so the whole active cruise intrigues me.

It just.. .workes.  It makes driving in heavy volume at any speed much more relaxing.

Does anyone make a cool man bike with like 3 speeds?

I hear that. I hate that bikes have 21+ speeds. I use 4 or 5 max when I'm on a trail, I usually just change between planetary gears.

Weird enough.. I typically will do the same thing but still there will be certain inclines that I will want a middle gear. And I'm rocking a 27 spd. I guess this explaines why cars/trucks are working on 10spds.

A Toyota Tundra was tailgating me HARD on my way home from work tonight. I tried it all, slowing down, putting a little pressure on the brakes, squirting the wiper fluid, nothing worked. So we're about to come up to a curve then a light. Let's see how well he knows what he's doing. I drop it in fourth and pull away, but he's hard on it behind me. At the top of the hill before the curve I brake and drop it to third, taking the bend at 75 MPH. I see the screwball hit ABS braking for the turn on my rear view mirror. He didn't follow me too close after that.

If he was in SUCH a big hurry, why didn't he pass me the two times he legally could have?

I've never friggin understood why people tailgate when there is PLENTY of room to make a pass! It can be so frustrating. All it does it piss off both parties.

It just.. .workes.  It makes driving in heavy volume at any speed much more relaxing.

Nice...Nice... What kind of vehicle were you in that had it recently?

I've never friggin understood why people tailgate when there is PLENTY of room to make a pass! It can be so frustrating. All it does it piss off both parties.

Nice...Nice... What kind of vehicle were you in that had it recently?

Mercedes-Benz CLS400 4Matic - I'll have the review up in a week or two (I hope)

post-51-0-68734700-1433951871_thumb.jpg

No need to, man. It left the dealership with a full tank of diesel and about 3/4 full of DEF. I suppose I could have been a jerk and asked them to put in two more litres/quarts but I decided to let it slide. I'm going to weigh it today and put a few more break-in klicks on it. It's surprisingly different than the Longhorn, considering they're only two model years removed from one another on the same basic architecture. I'll probably do a writeup on it at that point.

I hate doing reports, i need a more exciting job......

Reports??? Try coming up with a proposal that will potentially put a few $$$$$ in your pocket. Stress??? Try looking out your office window and seeing a bright shiny Blade Silver topless girl name Sasha begging to be taken for a ride on a sunny day and then turning around to see that U haven't even started to begin this potential $$$$$ proposal. The only thing that keeps me from leaving today is the inevitable day I can say my company is sold.. and I am retiring to go live on a effin 50 footer off the FL Keys

3127899_20110421125546_1_LARGE.jpg?t=119

Yup yup yup. Laramie Limited half-ton. Picked it up today!

Congrads. U gonna leave the big letters on the rear or black them out??? 

Ha, i will never be there, live in one of the poorest places in the country lol.

Never say that crap. I'm from what once was the poorest place in Canada. I'm not as well-off as Casa, but I've come a long ways. Say stuff like that and you're setting yourself up for failure.

I'll keep my chin high, seriously been thinking about trying to get m realtors license.

A buddy of mine got his a few years back but didn't stick it out. If you go that route it will be some time before you make money, but there is definitely money to be made. Just don't get impatient and give up on it if you do. My friend did it for 8 months I believe and basically just stopped..

You could always do what I did and trick a beautiful, successful woman into a commitment. Pharmacist = cha-ching!

Lucky dick. A guy I work with just got married..to a pharmacist!

I was told a long time ago that the key to success was to never be content. Never be content with the house you live in, the car you drive, the job you have, and the money you make. That will drive you to try and achieve more. 

So far, it's working. 

I was told a long time ago that the key to success was to never be content. Never be content with the house you live in, the car you drive, the job you have, and the money you make. That will drive you to try and achieve more. 

So far, it's working. 

I try that... but i'm mostly just tired.

• Agree 1

So far, it's working. 

Good advice